Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Avarus Discussion

Go down 
+13
Addicted2aa
Blossom
Teele
Honorius
A.Mouse
Shadow Dragon
Darkthought
Deathblade
Mike Nemesis
Slayer
no_more_skrbblz
Foxee
FlakeandFins
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

Female Number of posts : 1514
Prestige : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Avarus Discussion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avarus Discussion   Avarus Discussion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 2:22 pm

I love the fact that NAC is steaming up already...and there are only profiles and the alley so far. Fantastic, Flake, this is going to be fun!
Back to top Go down
http://ginnyshoestrings.wordpress.com/
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

Male Number of posts : 320
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Avarus Discussion   Avarus Discussion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 2:23 pm

Lordy, I hope so!

Also, while Connor Smith is a person of note, he's also "my character" which is why his profile was posted in the character profile area and not people of note.
Back to top Go down
Slayer
Super Gamer
Slayer

Male Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Avarus Discussion   Avarus Discussion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 2:31 pm

I take offence to the insinuation that Irishmen are any more drunken, red-haired or brawling than the rest of the world! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

Male Number of posts : 771
Prestige : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Avarus Discussion   Avarus Discussion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 3:31 pm

so are we actually waiting for an intro post in the bars before we write in those?...
Back to top Go down
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

PostSubject: Re: Avarus Discussion   Avarus Discussion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 11:56 am

For the vigilantes:

Your first "entry" into the Journal isn't about any Batman-esque asskicking you've done in the NAC. Once the game starts, naturally, that'll be allowed.
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

PostSubject: Re: Avarus Discussion   Avarus Discussion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 12:06 pm

Flake, i now understand why the game is taking as long as it's taking... you're thinking of everything, man... this is gonna be great...
Back to top Go down
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

PostSubject: Re: Avarus Discussion   Avarus Discussion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 12:09 pm

Thanks sprb!

On that note, once I get the locations of note up, the game will start.

Again, if any of the artistically/mapping inclined would like to map out NAC from the description,that'd definitely be appreciated.

Me? I'm not so good with that kind of stuff.
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

Male Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2009-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Avarus Discussion   Avarus Discussion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 12:22 pm

Ah the Vigilantes journal looks more like the place for the first thing I had worked up opposed to Tales from the Alleyway. Your be seeing a post appearing soon. The kicks off approaching.

Can i hear a woop woop lol
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Avarus Discussion   Avarus Discussion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 12:54 pm

WOOP WOOP!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

PostSubject: Re: Avarus Discussion   Avarus Discussion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 1:17 pm

DB (and everyone else),

The Journal isn't some sort of area for a comedy routine. Use it as a means to show your character's vigilante nature in places outside of NAC and in NAC when there is a down time.

If your post isn't going to be done in that fashion, then don't post at all.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Avarus Discussion   Avarus Discussion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 1:19 pm

sorry I couldn't resist, you gotta admit that was pretty funny though.
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

PostSubject: Re: Avarus Discussion   Avarus Discussion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 1:20 pm

i was just gonna say something about that... mainly because it's the cheapest knock-off of Rorshach EVER...
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Avarus Discussion   Avarus Discussion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 1:23 pm

Yeah, but i still find it pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

PostSubject: Re: Avarus Discussion   Avarus Discussion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 1:27 pm

see, that's what i've been talking about... you ask what's wrong with your material... it's not the words, it's the content... you post like you don't give a damn...
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Avarus Discussion   Avarus Discussion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 1:30 pm

... I take offense to that sir, but if you feel so strongly about it I'll delete that post, or one of the mods can delete it for me. Even then with writing, you can have a passion like I do, but you also just do it for fun, you don't have to give a damn about your writing, you just write it up and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

PostSubject: Re: Avarus Discussion   Avarus Discussion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 1:34 pm

Just got my one up there. Hadn't seen about it been there for down time. Let me know if mines appropriate I wasn't sure of content since there wasn't an example up like in the alleyway so just stuck with minor tale of what has led him to NAC.
Back to top Go down
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

PostSubject: Re: Avarus Discussion   Avarus Discussion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 1:36 pm

That was great, Mike!
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

PostSubject: Re: Avarus Discussion   Avarus Discussion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 1:41 pm

Good to hear :-)
Note to DB I get what you mean and agree about writing for fun but you have to remember when your writing a piece for your own benefit you can do what you like but when your writing online you have to factor in writing as part of something bigger. How your character act and how you post will affect others writing around you and if that isn't part of the GM's plan you can damage their RP and when you've worked hard on it you don't want to see someone do that to it.

Hope you get what I mean. You don't just write for yourself here, you write to please others as well and to fit in to a bigger picture. Need to play by the rules and post appropriatly so you don't upset other writers.
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

PostSubject: Re: Avarus Discussion   Avarus Discussion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 1:42 pm

DB, you knew that post was over the top when ya took the time to develop it... all 30 seconds... but still, i get your point... and if you do it for fun, great... but it still can't just be you jotting down stuff without thinking about what you're doing... and Mikey, that was an awesome post...
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

Male Number of posts : 1739
Prestige : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Avarus Discussion   Avarus Discussion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 1:45 pm

That was awesome, Mike. Well worth the wait. Smile

And Db, I didn't even see your post, so I don't know what all that was about, but I strongly advise you to reconsider this statement:
deathblade15 wrote:
... I take offense to that sir, but if you feel so strongly about it I'll delete that post, or one of the mods can delete it for me. Even then with writing, you can have a passion like I do, but you also just do it for fun, you don't have to give a damn about your writing, you just write it up and see what happens.
Are you serious? I can't think of anyone who is passionate about something and then says they don't give a damn about it. Read over some of the stuff you post and honestly ask yourself if it is your best work. Really. Maybe you should start giving a damn. Because everyone else here does and I don't appreciate you not giving a damn about something that the rest of us are putting time and effort into.
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

Female Number of posts : 1514
Prestige : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Avarus Discussion   Avarus Discussion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 3:48 pm

From the RC Guidelines:
Quote :
Writing Quality: While this is a fun site we also want it to be a good quality site. It’s not much fun if players are putting forth the effort to write really good posts but there is a player who just doesn’t care. Try your best to write quality posts with the best grammar, structure, and creativity that you can.
Back to top Go down
http://ginnyshoestrings.wordpress.com/
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Avarus Discussion   Avarus Discussion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 7:07 pm

ok, ok I get it, I'm ignorant, and I'll write better, sorry to those that I offended, so Flake when does this start?
Back to top Go down
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

PostSubject: Re: Avarus Discussion   Avarus Discussion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 8:06 am

Descriptions up for the two bars.

The vigilante and cop bars are coming next, then a lay out of the city, then the game will begin!
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Avarus Discussion   Avarus Discussion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 8:10 am

sorry about the vigilante thing flake, I was writing it out to see how it would get critiqued, because I'm making a youtube video where I am a superhero and I was going to have a monologue, well that was it. Apparently didn't turn out too well, I can make a good one though, you'll see.

EDIT: my post for the vigilante journal is up, and this time its not a cheat Rorshach interpretation.
Back to top Go down
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

PostSubject: Re: Avarus Discussion   Avarus Discussion - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:45 am

I put up all the location names, as well as a few details for a couple of them. More to come soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avarus Discussion   Avarus Discussion - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avarus Discussion
Page 7 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next