Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mad World Discussion

Go down 
+9
Mike Nemesis
Jade DragonSpectre
Gloom
CommonGoods
Shadow Dragon
A.Mouse
Deathblade
no_more_skrbblz
FlakeandFins
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

Male Number of posts : 320
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Mad World Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 8:20 am

Mad World FAQ

Welcome to the FAQ for Mad World! Hopefully your questions will be thoroughly answered here. If not, feel free to ask way below.

Is this a zombie game?

Yes. And no. The virus in question does, in fact, raise the dead. However, those dead guys are significantly easier to kill, especially when they are in small numbers. When they're in large groups, however, that's when they are slightly dangerous.

What about the "And no" part?

The virus infects the living also. It doesn't kill them, it just alters their minds and bodies. Infected people become stronger over time, as well as faster. They revert to their more primitive instincts, however: Eat, mate, survive. Imagine the infected people as a group of hairless chimpanzees, that don't go down so easily under a hail of gunfire. They sort of look like this: http://api.ning.com/files/nBrL*KcUNzB5DYoGdkkegs-ymN2mI3sk409Ztjxi5f-E5xaC9RIkd-Rzzsn5wlsVnapo005BHZiCCiY8qjYahWhZHfCYF8OX/screamingzombie.jpg. Except with more skin, no hair and totally pale.

Also, you will have to deal with other people who aren't infected, like: foreign government operatives, terrorists and citizens gone insane.

Awesome. I think I'm in. Hey! Why do I have to check with you first if I want to be something other than a scientist or a soldier?

Two reasons. First being that if not a lot of people sign up, then we could end up with one scientist, no soldiers, and three foreign operatives. That makes bad juju for that poor scientist. Second, I'm new to this forum, but do know quite few people here from that other forum. I try not to be discriminating, but since this is my first time GMing here, I'd prefer that some of them take the more "advanced" spots, since I'm already used to how they play and, naturally, will find it easier to cooperate with them.

I see. I guess I can't argue with that you discriminating sob.

What was that?

Nothing. Anyway. So, like, we'll be fighting each other? As in I can kill Captain Kirby whenever I want?

Yes, you'll end up fighting each other (hopefully, it's more fun that way). No, you won't be killing anyone unless all parties (you, the other person and me) agree.

Alright, cool. I notice I get three weapons. I'll pick a bazooka, a laser pistol and 500-folded solid gold bastard sword.

Wow, that's incredibly elaborate, and also ridiculous. This game takes place on the planet Earth, in a different modern time line; not out on Zeptune of the Omega Galaxy. Try to be reasonable in your weapon selection.

But I'm a Rambo-scientist who invented the laser gun to protect my cure.

Very creative, but also ridiculous. I'd like to avoid Godplexs as much as possible, and having someone with duel skill sets and a weapon that is completely unfeasible is toeing the line too much for my liking.

You sure are the Stalin of GMing!

Sorry, I try to keep my games as fair as possible. People from WF can vouch for that. It ends up being much more fun for all involved when we keep our heads at a reasonable size, or even smaller than they usually are.

Well. I suppose I'll give it a shot.

Awesome! You just made my day!

When does it start?

Soon, I hope. We'll see how many people sign up.

Last edited by FlakeandFins on Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

Male Number of posts : 771
Prestige : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 12:18 pm

excellent... is this a zombie game?... sounds kinda like a zombie game...
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 12:58 pm

Yeah, sounds like it. Probably super mutant zombies none the less
Back to top Go down
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:01 pm

I wouldn't necessarily call it a "zombie" game, but it does contain re-animated corpses. However, as explained, unless there's a huge number of them, they aren't the ones to be concerned about.

Brutes, Operatives from other countries, angry and crazy denizens of a world gone mad; those are the ones to be worried about.
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:05 pm

gotcha... sounds good...
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:14 pm

we got a jacked up mutant in this game anywhere?
Back to top Go down
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:21 pm

I guess you could consider infected humans, jacked-up mutants? Though still technically people, they are faster, stronger and don't die so easily.
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

Male Number of posts : 1739
Prestige : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:33 pm

I could go for a zombie-esque RP. I'm sure sprb remembers the last time we were in a zombie RP together. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:37 pm

no I mean like really jacked up mutants like Tyrant, or the really muscular zombie in Left 4 Dead.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Dragon
Master Gamer
Shadow Dragon

Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 3:16 pm

These infected seem a lot like the super mutants from fallout 3. If they are similar than battling them should be interesting. Oh well, as long as there aren't deathclaws running around we should be able to manage.
Back to top Go down
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 3:43 pm

All these names confuse and frighten me.

Anyway, I guess if you want to consider infected people "mutants," you can. Even if they're just really strong sick people.
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 3:50 pm

Hmmm, I'm thinking about joining, despite the fact I swore never to join a zombie-RPG... I am very interested in this player vs player thing you describe (some of us that are trying to steal the formula). How will this turn out?
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 3:51 pm

really strong and sick is a terrifying combination, oooooohhhh affraid
Back to top Go down
Shadow Dragon
Master Gamer
Shadow Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 3:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Female Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 6:21 pm

I'm in. I'll sort out a profile sometimes today
Back to top Go down
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:03 pm

I updated the initial post with a small FAQ.
Back to top Go down
Jade DragonSpectre
Celestial Gamer
Jade DragonSpectre

Female Number of posts : 806
Prestige : 8

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 10:30 am

Yup. I will also put up a profile soon.

Hm, what's a fairly standard handgun that my character could have? I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 11:27 am

Love the FAQ Razz And Jade, you might want to check Wikipedia. They have a large list of different types of weaponry (provided we are using weaponry that exsists in the present).
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 11:35 am

yes, i remember collaborating with Mouse in another zombie game... it was great... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 12:22 pm

I'm going with double .357 magnums, at least one its basic military training, and two you normally see scientists with side arms. If that's too much than one will still kick ass.
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 1:20 pm

.357 Magnum is a nice gun. Abel's sidearm as well Smile
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Female Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 4:50 pm

Glocks are pretty common hand guns
Back to top Go down
Shadow Dragon
Master Gamer
Shadow Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 3:10 am

Sorry that my brief background wasn't that brief. geek As for weapons, I just went with a basic 9mm, they seem to get the job done.
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 11:49 am

Anyone got any idea when we're gonna kick off?
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

Male Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2009-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 12:10 pm

I'm gonna get a profile up probably later on this eve just trying to think of a character. Don't really fancy giving this guy a weapon so thinking of reason why he might have one but be scared to use it. I've got an idea just refining.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mad World Discussion
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next