Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mad World Discussion

Go down 
+9
Mike Nemesis
Jade DragonSpectre
Gloom
CommonGoods
Shadow Dragon
A.Mouse
Deathblade
no_more_skrbblz
FlakeandFins
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Mad World Discussion - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:05 pm

well I joined too CG, so if they want us to leave we'll have our own conversation.
Back to top Go down
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

Male Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:17 pm

I'm back! I've got some catching up to do, but as soon as I do that I'll advance us to the first...we'll call it an incident you all will run into.
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

Male Number of posts : 771
Prestige : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:18 pm

so where were the soldiers supposed to be again?... cuz i thought i wouldn't be able to see the shooting...
Back to top Go down
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:25 pm

The only people who saw the shooting were the scientists, the Major and his gaurds, the General and the operatives. No one else. There was no way any of the soldiers could have. There's a safe bet people around the base heard that it happened.

But again, that list above are the only people who saw it.
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:29 pm

how far is the base from the shooting?...
Back to top Go down
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:34 pm

The lab is inside the base, just not anywhere near where the soldiers were brought in. Imagine it like the lab is in the inner sanctum of the fort, and the soldiers were just brought in through the docking bay.
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:36 pm

coo... that's an awesome description, Flake...
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 11:50 am

who's in Flux's group?... cuz that's who i pointed the gun at and asked, "do we got beef or what?!"...
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 2:17 pm

Ehrm, did Skrblz just shoot the brute? because I distinctly remember Flake saying it would be hard to kill, and 3 bullets doesn't really strike me as hard Razz

Well, they would strike me hard, but not a difficult fight. i mean... you know what I mean.

EDIT: Nvm, my reading skillz failed miserably.
Back to top Go down
Jade DragonSpectre
Celestial Gamer
Jade DragonSpectre

Female Number of posts : 806
Prestige : 8

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 2:39 pm

SD is Chaos talking to Vivienne?
Back to top Go down
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 2:40 pm

How did Abel and the rest of them make it to the cell block without bumping into Sue, who's patiently waiting for them?
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 2:41 pm

Awe crap, right scratch I'll go edit

EDIT: Editted
Back to top Go down
Fluxhavok
Super Gamer
Fluxhavok

Male Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 2:59 pm

so did we all recieve the brief and stuff already? i was under the impression that the soldiers were supposed to be just arriving, but some of them already knew that we were in a group and what we were doing already.
Back to top Go down
Fluxhavok
Super Gamer
Fluxhavok

Male Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:04 pm

lol @ flakes... "good luck."
Back to top Go down
Jade DragonSpectre
Celestial Gamer
Jade DragonSpectre

Female Number of posts : 806
Prestige : 8

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:05 pm

Also, is the virus transmitted through blood?
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:08 pm

@Flake, you're not making yourself poplar, are you?

@Flux, 2 man and a woman vs a brute. Taking yourself out of harms way, ey?

@Jade, how's Dr. Hot? Razz
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:25 pm

so is everybody fixed now?...
Back to top Go down
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:47 pm

Fluxhavok wrote:
so did we all recieve the brief and stuff already? i was under the impression that the soldiers were supposed to be just arriving, but some of them already knew that we were in a group and what we were doing already.

You all just arrived, yes and have been minimally briefed that you'll be transporting a cure and your teams.

CommonGoods wrote:
@Flake, you're not making yourself poplar, are you?

Lol! I suppose not, but the Sue character is being kept at a distance for a reason. He allows me to sort of do in-game GMing rather than sitting back and creating the scenarios. Does that make sense?
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:00 pm

wow, I missed a lot on this.
Back to top Go down
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:13 pm

I just wanted to take a moment to let you all know that you're doing an awesome job. Conveying the unpredictability of people who are infected. Mike's response to the brute figuring out there was another way in was awesome. Scientists preferring their rooms to combat.

I like it all.

And I forgot to answer Jade's question but it seems you all figured it out: if the blood of an infected gets on you, you're fine, but you need to clean it off. If it gets in your eyes, mouth, open wounds, ear, other orifices, you're doneso.
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:34 pm

Amen.

By the way, I thought you said Sue was meant to keep the casualties to a minimum; how is sending more people into an already cramped space, with a brute down the hall? Especialy since I think at the moment Abel is the only one who can do it any real harm (since everyone is dragging around their side arms rather than their main weapon).
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

Male Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2009-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:40 pm

Thanks Flake :-) Been enjoying running around in my limited surrondings without any other characters for some reason lol alas it looks like that is all about to come to an end. Lets assume I'm going to be rescued and not about to be mauled by the Brute like i just set myself up to be haha.

Wow talk about a frantic 10 minute posting session in the RP lol
Back to top Go down
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:46 pm

CommonGoods wrote:
Amen.

By the way, I thought you said Sue was meant to keep the casualties to a minimum; how is sending more people into an already cramped space, with a brute down the hall? Especialy since I think at the moment Abel is the only one who can do it any real harm (since everyone is dragging around their side arms rather than their main weapon).

I don't recall saying that. If the general did, than that's different. What he says, and what Sue does are very different.

But the brute isn't down the hall, he's down a set off steps:

me wrote:
Sue had quickly made his way through the halls. He had eliminated some of the infected as he progressed, and now he stood at the top of the stairwell leading down to the jail cells... and the brute. No one who is has engaged one in by themselves has lived, as far as he knew, and he wasn't about to test the odds.

The thinking being, lure the brute to the steps, than have as many assault weapons blow him away as he tries to make his way up.

But now that I see everyone has a sidearm out, things are different. But there's no way Sue could've known they'd stick to their pistol on a brute Wink
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:55 pm

FlakeandFins wrote:
Name: "Sue"

Sex: Male

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 190 lbs.

Hometown: Unknown

Description: The man simply called "Sue" has jet black hair that is slicked back. He wears black Wayfarers that he rarely takes off, and also wears a black suit, a loose fitting black tie (of course) and a white oxford with the top button undone.

Brief background: Not much is known about Sue. He's a Government operative sent in to oversee the operation and make sure the loss of life is as minimal as possible.

Weapons: Scoped M4 (and a silencer), Beretta M9 (also with silencer) and a switchblade. All black (naturally).

Class: Government Operative

AKA keeping the amount of casualties to a minimum. study

And the whole 'down the hall' thing was just a matter of speech. silent
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

Male Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2009-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:56 pm

Don't incur the wrath of the GM CG last time I did that I found myself locked in a cage with a hungry brute outside :p haha. I love it really though XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mad World Discussion
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next