Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mad World Discussion

Go down 
+9
Mike Nemesis
Jade DragonSpectre
Gloom
CommonGoods
Shadow Dragon
A.Mouse
Deathblade
no_more_skrbblz
FlakeandFins
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Mad World Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 2:31 pm

New Hampshire isn't in the UK CG. Its in good old US of A.
Back to top Go down
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

Male Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 7:39 am

Just a reminder that this will start tomorrow morning (morning for me). I'll be on a retreat from friday evening til Sunday early evening. Until then, yall will be stuck in the compound. But don't worry, I might decide to have it start out on a bloody note.
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

Male Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2009-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 7:06 am

Ok my first posts up. Nice opening Flake hope my response doesn't prove to awkward :p
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 12:06 pm

Deathblade your post doesn't work if your a soldier you wouldn't be aware of the scientist been killed or me been attacked.

General Romero watched the monitor before him. The soldiers had just been brought in and were unloading from their transports in the middle of his briefing. The four-person meeting was taking place in an observation room over a laboratory full of scientists celebrating and drinking champagne.

You've just got off a vehicle and are busy unloading meanwhile the scientists are in an isolated room from what I gather.
Back to top Go down
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 12:08 pm

Nemisis I hope you don't mind my bluntness with Trev, but you simply simply can't shove a Major in the US Army without repercussions Wink

Plus I thought of a fun teambuilding objective that is centered around your characters imprisonment Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 12:11 pm

Na don't mind at all, he could of done a lot worse. Made me laugh. Well you adapted quickly. What's that then beat the drunk? lol
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 12:11 pm

oh sorry, I must of read a post wrong.
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 12:16 pm

Abel is in the recreation room, saving souls Wink

Also included some references to other RPG's. See if you can spot them Wink
Back to top Go down
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 12:17 pm

Mike Nemesis wrote:
Na don't mind at all, he could of done a lot worse. Made me laugh. Well you adapted quickly. What's that then beat the drunk? lol

More like save the drunk Wink
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

Male Number of posts : 771
Prestige : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 12:28 pm

do i have to be a soldier if i'm not a scientist?... cuz i'm not a scientist...
Back to top Go down
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 12:31 pm

Yes.
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

Male Number of posts : 771
Prestige : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 12:32 pm

okie doke... i'll have to edit my profile, but i'm concocting something right now post-wise...
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 12:33 pm

Oh well lucky me then I guess haha. Well CG i couldn't possibly spot the Blue Skies reference lol Your character looks like he could be really interesting something quite unique to the usual archetype characters that tend to crop up.
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 12:39 pm

I felt like a change Razz My ND char is incredibly fun to play, and will be even more so once we start interacting more. Ardus is equaly great, but Erlend is, for the most part, your standard 'dishonoured warrior' type of guy.

Abel tends to be happy-go-lucky type of guy. Military chaplain. Got this huge list of bible quotes, one for every occasion Wink
Back to top Go down
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 1:01 pm

I'd like to point, like CG did, for current posts and anyone who is going to be posting: the soldiers are no where near the scientists. If you're a soldier, you just arrived at the base.
Back to top Go down
Jade DragonSpectre
Celestial Gamer
Jade DragonSpectre

Female Number of posts : 806
Prestige : 8

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 1:32 pm

'kay made my first post. Let me know if I messed anything up.

And CG, I don't think I quite caught the reference Laughing I liked your first post too, and bible quotes for every occasion? Heh, we'll see ;p.
Back to top Go down
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 1:36 pm

Looks good! Except it was the Major that shot the treacherous scientist, not the General. But otherwise, great!
Back to top Go down
Shadow Dragon
Master Gamer
Shadow Dragon

Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 8:49 pm

It would seem that I was a little late but luckily I wasn't left too far behind. Razz I hope you guys like my introductionary post.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:21 pm

I made my second post and fixed the first, saying that he had saw the scene while unpacking supplies.
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 4:21 am

Hate to knit pick but still not sure if you would have seen it you were been watched on a TV monitor and the scientists were in an enclosed room below the observers. But hey not my RP so I'll leave it to the GM haha besides its in past now and isn't to much of an issue.

God imagine me as a GM one day, it'll be hell haha :p
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 10:13 am

I can already see sewer demon frogs coming out and trying to kill us while cat banshees are floating about.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 3:03 pm

I may be anal for this and possibly hated, but sorry to say Jade you've made no indication of noticing any stripes signalling that he indeed a seargeant even then SSG doesn't stand for seargeant, this does (sgt.)
Back to top Go down
Jade DragonSpectre
Celestial Gamer
Jade DragonSpectre

Female Number of posts : 806
Prestige : 8

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 3:19 pm

Why would you be hated?

Hm, and I figured that Vivienne wouldn’t know much about the military (especially American military). I wouldn’t be able to tell a sergeant by the number of stripes/uniform they wore, so I wouldn't have thought it too odd that she wouldn't. I'm pretty clueless about military stuff (as you can probably tell) so it's easier if my characters are too ;p

I don’t quite get what you mean about SSG though (what does it mean?). Vivienne referred to him as the sergeant, and you said that’s what sgt. means? I made a slight edit to include a mention about the uniform.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 3:25 pm

I'm just hated for being OCD at times and noticing all the minor ****, mainly when it comes to the military because my dad was in the airforce and my brother's a marine, so I just sort of got into that, but because of my inheritance of my mom's OCD its basically as simple as I can put it. I believe that SSD is a type of special forces I'll need to check.

EDIT: alright I found a page with all military definitions of SSD. The two that I found to be the most probable ones are Safety, Security & Dismantlement, and the other Squadron Support Division, although I believe it is the latter. There were plenty of other names but the ones that did make sense at first were from other countries like Australia (Supervising Scientist Division)

Here is the link if you want to check it out.

Definition of SSD
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:03 pm

Well, Abel is now bothering Flux and Jade, if you two want me out of it, just have Chris send him away.

Oh, and he wants to borrow the M4 or M9, since you're not using them Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mad World Discussion   Mad World Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mad World Discussion
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next