Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Discussion Archive #2

Go down 
+14
Blossom
Hollow
chad.sims2
Jade DragonSpectre
CommonGoods
Fayte
Slayer
Gloom
Teele
Foxee
Addicted2aa
no_more_skrbblz
A.Mouse
Deathblade
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Discussion Archive #2 Empty
PostSubject: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 5:08 pm

Discussion Archive #2 ArdusFinishedMat
Discussion

Welcome to the discussion thread for Ardus, my persistent fantasy world! All questions, comments, suggestions, and general game discussion go here. Smile

- - -

it was the spectra, I don't know I'm not a mod so its not my place to say.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 6:17 pm

sprb, I think you're going to be a dead man with your latest comment.
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

Male Number of posts : 1739
Prestige : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 6:19 pm

No, that's swagger. Take notes, Db. Take notes.
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

Male Number of posts : 771
Prestige : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 6:23 pm

thanks for the recognition, Mouse... DB, it's a give and take... you'll get it soon...
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 6:47 pm

sorry, my small 16 year old attention span doesn't pay get anything at all. Razz

EDIT: nice freakout Nony, but was that really necessary? it was kind of hurtful Sad
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 6:53 pm

How was that hurtful? He was ranting about helpless townspeople. It wasn't aimed at Sara at all.... she was just unfortunate enough to have a front row seat to all the yelling. Razz

And now the fireguy is trying to steal his girl... you haven't seen ranting yet.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 6:56 pm

oh so now you consider Sara to be his girl? This is definately going to be fun, I was originally planning on having Van be the one to approach the stage and ride the dragon, but I thought Sara would be the next best thing. Other than that what do you think of the performance, as yourself not Van.
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:09 pm

My opinion:
James is a showoff who puts everyone else's safety on the line to show how 'cool' he is. He's throwing around fire in a medieval town -- fire was serious business back then, and it wasn't uncommon for entire towns to burn to the ground on account of one little spark. (Soara being a coastal town doesn't make a difference; they burn too.) Now, he's about to summon a freakin' dragon, (god mode?) putting the town in further danger. Should've stuck to throwing knives in crowded rooms. It was safer.

Van's opinion:
There's no way this jackass can summon a dragon. If he does, I'm gonna kill it.
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:12 pm

a dragon?... and not on a mission?... what the hell, man?...
Back to top Go down
Addicted2aa
Gamer
Addicted2aa

Male Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:22 pm

Hey we don't know what he means when he says he's summoning a dragon. All that's gone on is that he made an outrageous boast, which is totally in character. Wait to see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

Female Number of posts : 1514
Prestige : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:23 pm

ah...Mouse has a good point in my opinion. The Lute's stable was already burnt down once and Teele specifically asked that we leave structures standing after that. Roofs are mostly thatch after all.

If any dragons are summoned I think they should be illusions only. Otherwise this is all getting a bit out of hand.
Back to top Go down
http://ginnyshoestrings.wordpress.com/
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:28 pm

Addicted2aa wrote:
Hey we don't know what he means when he says he's summoning a dragon. All that's gone on is that he made an outrageous boast, which is totally in character. Wait to see what happens.

it's easy to say that now... people have already let him know that an actual dragon is ridiculous... he could say something he thinks we wanna hear...
Back to top Go down
Addicted2aa
Gamer
Addicted2aa

Male Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:36 pm

Have some faith man. Whats up with the hate on DB?
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:42 pm

i just said it's practically a dead issue... but honestly, me and DB have had a talk about how he just does whatever... i know you're trying to defend him, but there's nothing to defend... he just needs to make more sensible posts, plain and simple... for himself, not for others...
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:44 pm

alright fine I'm gonna spoil it, basically its a large pillar of fire in the shape of a dragon, its only used for show purposes, drains a lot of energy, and it looks cool and at the end will explode into a mass of fireworks high up in the sky. Its not a real dragon, but if you all disagree with it I'll re-edit the post and stick with a large rocket blowing up in the sky.
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Male Number of posts : 2410
Prestige : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:50 pm

Aye, the illusion's fine DB. As long as that's what it is. Though I do wonder at the whole performance; most of the main interaction's in the tavern itself...I don't mind the external theatrics, I'm just kinda puzzling over them.

And, this isn't a slam against DB; this is just quality control; making sure the proper limits of the game are adhered to.
Back to top Go down
https://rpcentral.forumotion.net
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:51 pm

there's no victims in here... it's just a fact that towns back in those days burned down often from fire and you wanna summon a dragon inside of a tavern?... at the least, if you REALLY couldn't wait for a mission, you could have at least taken it outside... there's alcohol and other stuff that could catch fire in there...
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:55 pm

sprb, I'm in the town square, I have been for a while, not to mention I've been shooting fireworks, if I was inside the place would have already burned... come to think of it, how did it burn the first time?
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:57 pm

We're outside the tavern, Skrbblz, somewhere in the town. But I still think it's kinda farfetched to assume the guards are gonna ignore a huge pillar of fire. Thatch rooves ain't nothing to play with. That's the main reason I don't like it. Seems silly to put the whole town at risk for a show. And even sillier to assume everyone is gonna like it.
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:01 pm

well being outside is more sensible... see how it's gotten?... i can't even stomach to read the full posts now cuz they get more and more out there... but Mouse is right, fire in the midst of a gang of old school stores is suicidal also... but i'm just gonna stop reading your posts altogether until we're on a quest or something...
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:08 pm

well, I'm on the dragon, or do you want me to re-edit so that we duel Nony?
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:13 pm

No, we don't need to duel. That's enough.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:25 pm

Fine then, I guess that we won't duel, and I won't have an awesome dragon of fire flying around. I'll re-edit
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:35 pm

alright post is edited, James is cleaning up, you all win, no dragon, but there was a large amount of fireworks and exploding things is always fun.
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Female Number of posts : 1886
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 12:30 am

Scribbles was your character approaching Fayte, Azoola and Nadala? Sorry i got lost. See what happens when you go out shopping LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discussion Archive #2
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next