Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Discussion Archive #2

Go down 
+14
Blossom
Hollow
chad.sims2
Jade DragonSpectre
CommonGoods
Fayte
Slayer
Gloom
Teele
Foxee
Addicted2aa
no_more_skrbblz
A.Mouse
Deathblade
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Slayer
Super Gamer
Slayer

Male Number of posts : 322
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Discussion Archive #2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 6:21 am

There are amateur marksmen?
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

Female Number of posts : 1514
Prestige : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 6:35 am

Why not? A marksman has to start somewhere. Amateurs just don't hit the bulls eye quite as often I'd imagine. And they have a day job as a stevedore or librarian or something.

All 'professional' really means is that's how you make your living.
Back to top Go down
http://ginnyshoestrings.wordpress.com/
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

Male Number of posts : 1739
Prestige : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 6:38 am

Marksmen are an elite group; there's no such thing as an unskilled or "amateur" marksman. If your're not incredibly skilled at it, you're just an archer, bowman, or crossbowman. I think that's what he was getting at at.
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 6:41 am

I stand corrected. God forbid we have a sense of humor I guess.
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Male Number of posts : 2410
Prestige : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 7:14 am

It seems that attempting to reign in that which may be too over-the-top has gone further and encouraged a bit of nit-picking. The question of whether or not anyone's playing an amateur archer in the game, is getting to the point of silliness.

It's a game, folks. We're here to have fun. That means staying within the confines of what is realistically possible, but it also means not sweating and arguing over every little detail. If this stops being fun, what's the point?
Back to top Go down
https://rpcentral.forumotion.net
Fayte
Master Gamer
Fayte

Female Number of posts : 722
Prestige : 1
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 7:30 am

I agree.

An archer is an archer and perhaps they all start somewhere, no-body is an instant knowledge empowered person unless its a luck that you are plain good at it.

Anyhoo. i is going to catch up with The tavern.
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 7:40 am

I'm pretty sure Slayer intended it as a joke and it got taken too seriously. It was a passing remark that somehow turned into a discussion of the historical definition of marksman. My bad.

The internet is serious business, folks. *super serious face*
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 7:50 am

*tickles the stuffin' out of Mouse*

Of course it is.

Wink
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:00 am

*raises an eye brow as he is passed by Mouse screaming with laughter, being chased around by the vengefull cookie-goddess*

Anyhow...

When do you think the quest is going to start Teele? Test period is over, holiday closing in soon, plenty of time to write (since I have now offcialy read every book on my shelves), but there are only so many anthologies a man can write Razz

*CG posts his sign here*
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:10 am

I should hopefully be getting us physically on the road today. Very Happy Might have to step it up a bit and skip over some time in fairly short order.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 9:31 am

woah, didn't see that coming.
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 9:48 am

Hahahahahaha!! Seems like they shoulda had that talk in private. You never know where assassins are lurking... *evil grin* King Van has a nice ring to it.
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:21 am

lol! It'll be hard enough for Dane; an actual potential heir; to get himself into the throne (there are certain who would actually enjoy having him removed as a factor); let alone a foul-mouthed, drunken renegade. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:23 am

Van might make a good warlord of....somewhere. Dunno. I could see him warlording something before this is all over, though.
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:53 am

Well... can't argue that... but if you're looking for a Minister of Defense, you know who to call. *hands Dane his card* We'll keep in touch.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 12:49 pm

Captain Deathblade is unavailable at the moment, though I am to wonder, how bad is Raytha at this point? If it is as corrupt as what Slayer has mentioned the dark knights should... how do I put this lightly... umm, destroy it.
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 12:58 pm

Well, I imagine if the king is dead, someone's gonna catch word of that and try to move in on the throne. We're a heartbeat away from a potential war (or civil war) and I doubt the Dark Knights are the only ones who'd like to capitalize on that. **cough**The Adamantium Order**cough**
Back to top Go down
Slayer
Super Gamer
Slayer

Male Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 1:47 pm

Well being the one of the larger human kingdoms I'd imagine Raytha is made of several duchies or some other generic regional division, and each of those swears loyalty to the king. If the king be dead, and there be no heir, the dukes wouldn't be slow to put forward claims. Could be an interesting source of quests for a while.

Also, I can see it now...Van, Lord of Dance.... drunken
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Female Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 10:11 pm

Teele wrote:
lol! It'll be hard enough for Dane; an actual potential heir; to get himself into the throne (there are certain who would actually enjoy having him removed as a factor); let alone a foul-mouthed, drunken renegade. Very Happy

It's a good thing Dane's half brother is a complete Nutcase or he'd have a rival for that throne
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 10:52 pm

Wow that little tid bit was pretty intense, I feel bad for Sunny, she got a front row seat of anger from both sides, and it must be disheartening for her character.
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 9:10 pm

Such is life, I kind of like it when two clashing personalities come together. It's fun alas I could of done a lot better in those posts for Nadala. Sunouva will just have to accept that the world is full of people who are bitter...
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 9:15 pm

yeah, too bad we couldn't finish our conversation, but I know you have other plans, what with Fairchild and all.
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 9:31 pm

Yo, Db, what's with the Yanthian spotting? You and Addicted seem to spot Yanthians from a mile away. Don't they look like any other human?

It's no big deal, it just seems... weird.
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 9:37 pm

Aye, technically a Yanthian could look just like a Raythian. Not really any distinguishing features unless the features themselves are what distinguishes the individual.

Yes I am tired. Very Happy And a little apathetic to whetehr or not I make sense tonight for some odd reason.
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 10:02 pm

Depends a culture can look different in ways other the skin tones for instance noses vary from climate to climate, then their is fat people from colder climates are said to have more then others. I guess if it's not said that their is a noticable difference in races though one shouldn't really be able to tell....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Archive #2   Discussion Archive #2 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discussion Archive #2
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next