Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Valendir Discussion

Go down 
+4
But take heart!
Honorius
CommonGoods
Deathblade
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Valendir Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Valendir Discussion   Valendir Discussion Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 8:32 am

I believe everyone knows the drill. Ask questions, talk about the game, make rants, and eventually steer the course of this thread to something overly random.
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Valendir Discussion   Valendir Discussion Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 10:28 am

Two questions really; when will it start, and how long with it run? Seeing how the summer holidays are comming up, and I'll be vanishing in a month or so.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Valendir Discussion   Valendir Discussion Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 10:30 am

It depends on how many people quickly sign up so I can start this, and I'm not sure on how long it will run, it all depends.

EDIT: I do hope to at least start this RP by Monday afternoon, tuesday by the latest.
Back to top Go down
Honorius
Master Gamer
Honorius

Male Number of posts : 423
Prestige : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Valendir Discussion   Valendir Discussion Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 7:28 pm

do we get to be the bad guys or are we restricted to good guys? also, this totally reminds me of final fantasy tactics with the class choices.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Valendir Discussion   Valendir Discussion Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 7:32 pm

No we're restricted to good guys, I thought I'd mention the baddies so that you know what you're dealing with, I'll just surprise you with what we're dealing with.

Essentially yes that's how I made it out to be. I wanted players to have a choice of their job classes, rather than an entirely made up something I've never heard of. Also considering everyone is from a certain government and race I needed to have job classes. You don't exactly have a guy with a big ass sword, when everyone else has rifles in the army now do you? I didn't think so.
Back to top Go down
Honorius
Master Gamer
Honorius

PostSubject: Re: Valendir Discussion   Valendir Discussion Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 8:16 pm

very good point. looks interseting
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Valendir Discussion   Valendir Discussion Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 8:26 pm

I'm just thinking of this now, but considering its the weekend and not too many people show around this time, I figure I'm gonna have to extend the starting date to tuesday or wednesday.
Back to top Go down
But take heart!
Initiate
But take heart!

Female Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Valendir Discussion   Valendir Discussion Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 1:51 am

Bwahahaha, RPG. >:]

Sounds awesome.

If it happens to start by, y'know, tomorrow, or Sunday, I won't be around. Deathblade, feel free to screw around with Nyx as much as possible. You'll have fun acting like an idiot.
Back to top Go down
Honorius
Master Gamer
Honorius

PostSubject: Re: Valendir Discussion   Valendir Discussion Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 10:39 am

What kind of vehicles do they have? any descriptions on air ships, tanks, etc? or pics?
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

Male Number of posts : 1739
Prestige : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Valendir Discussion   Valendir Discussion Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 10:58 am

Hmmm, I'm considering joining this, but if it's gonna be fast-paced I don't know if I can keep up. I've been trying to limit myself to 2 RPs at a time.
Back to top Go down
Anir
Gamer
Anir

Female Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2009-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Valendir Discussion   Valendir Discussion Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 2:05 pm

Hi DB! I just joined this one, looks like an awesome story. Twisted Evil I finally have my sadistic smiley!!
Back to top Go down
http://myfallenfeathers.blogspot.com
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Valendir Discussion   Valendir Discussion Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 2:51 pm

Can't control myself... must join...

Just in case, I made a... killable character. So if I can't sit it out, you can kill me, without feeling bad Razz
Back to top Go down
Honorius
Master Gamer
Honorius

PostSubject: Re: Valendir Discussion   Valendir Discussion Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 3:59 pm

hellooo. DB? Airships? are we talking FF7 or FFXII?
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Valendir Discussion   Valendir Discussion Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 9:38 pm

@Honor, relax man, I've been gone to the beach all day with a couple of friends. As for vehicles we have armored cars, magick artillery, and airships (FFXII style).

@Anir, congratulations Anir on making it aboard the RP, yes sadistic smileys are awesome Twisted Evil

@Moose, you can't resist the temptation, as for speed, its my first RP so I'll try to run things at a smooth pace so everyone who joins can keep up, but like I said, first try means trials and errors, I'll make the least mistakes I can, but no guarentees that everything will be perfect.
Back to top Go down
Honorius
Master Gamer
Honorius

PostSubject: Re: Valendir Discussion   Valendir Discussion Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 10:04 pm

sorry about that DB. i was anxious. so we have fairly high tech airships then? cool.

(If you have a specific style or something post a pic)
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Valendir Discussion   Valendir Discussion Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 10:34 pm

Valendir Discussion XIICatoblepasAirship

This good enough?
Back to top Go down
But take heart!
Initiate
But take heart!

Female Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Valendir Discussion   Valendir Discussion Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 11:35 pm

@ DB: HAHA! THE SHIP! *hums Star Wars theme* *grabs Death Star action figure and makes 'PYUUHHH PYUUUHHH' sounds while poking picture of ship that DB posted*

Very nice ship. I'm a fan. You take Aliens, Star Wars, and Howl's Moving Castle, and you mesh the xenomorph, death star, and castle together... and you get... THAT. =D
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Valendir Discussion   Valendir Discussion Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 7:23 am

Yep those Arcadian Imperials know how to make a damn good ship. I'm still rooting for the good people of Dalmasca.
Back to top Go down
Honorius
Master Gamer
Honorius

PostSubject: Re: Valendir Discussion   Valendir Discussion Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 9:08 am

Okay! thanks DB, now I have an idea of what I can do. Give me a few hours and I'll have one awesome airship pilot.
Back to top Go down
Anir
Gamer
Anir

Female Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2009-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Valendir Discussion   Valendir Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 7:37 pm

hm, i just added another character, not sure if that's okay, but i wanted to use her.
Back to top Go down
http://myfallenfeathers.blogspot.com
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Valendir Discussion   Valendir Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:47 pm

I finally gave in and made a character. The other games have been so slow lately, I figured I won't have any problem juggling three games.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Valendir Discussion   Valendir Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:58 pm

yeah sure Anir, max. limit of two characters though.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Valendir Discussion   Valendir Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:04 pm

Moose, I want you to be aware, that in wolf form, they actually look like a wolf, the only notable difference is there helmet is on, there armor color matches their fur, and they wield a sword on their back and in their teeth. Essentially for anyone who has played Okami, that's where I got the idea from.

This is the best drawing, from an Okami character named Oki, that I could find that showed both his human form and wolf form.

Valendir Discussion 149qy3
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Valendir Discussion   Valendir Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:27 pm

Okay, I see. You're basically saying his clothing and armor meld with his body when he changes into wolf form, so only his sword(s) remain. So would the metal armor have any effect on his wolf form at all? Like, is his fur metallic? I'll edit the post in a sec, but I wanna make sure I get it right.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Valendir Discussion   Valendir Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:32 pm

let's just say that if your wolf form was in a junkyard, it would meld perfectly together Razz

Also yes, its weapon remains, but so does the helmet. As for the armor, his fur has the same durability as the armor, but if anyone petted you it wouldn't feel like metal, just fur that can take a direct arrow hit without too much damage.

EDIT: I do have to say though, the idea where in wolf form his swords extend like wings, is genius, you can keep that even as a wolf. Nice noggin' jogglin' Moose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valendir Discussion   Valendir Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Valendir Discussion
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next