Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Avarus FAQ (read second!)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

Male Number of posts : 320
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Avarus FAQ (read second!) Empty
PostSubject: Avarus FAQ (read second!)   Avarus FAQ (read second!) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 9:06 am

Welcome to the New Avarus City FAQ!

Thanks! What's the deal with this PWRPG?

Well, New Avarus City takes place in the present day United States. Like my other game, Mad World, city names are pretty much a clean slate, but everything else is the same.

So I can be from Awesomeville, Massachusetts?

Y-...yeah?

Sweet! Next question: My character will be using two bazookas and that big sword from Final Fantasy Seven. Is that OK?

Absolutely...

Sweet!

...not

You're a bastard!

Sorry, but keep in mind all present day laws apply. You couldn't walk through New York City like that (let alone wielded the weapons at the same time unless you were the size of the Hulk), and the same applies here. If you're brandishing your pistol in public like a crazy man, you get to spend a night in jail.

There's a jail?

Yep! So if you get really attached to your character, make sure they don't do anything stupid to end up there.

I see. But how am I supposed to have my Mexican stand-off with the biker gang I created for the sole purpose of destroying?

You won't be. There was a terrible epidemic in Carnapolis with just indiscriminate killing in front of loads of spectators. That won't be allowed in New Avarus City. If you kill someone in front of a hundred witnesses, you better believe you're going to the slammer.

Fiiiine. Is there anything else I need to know?

Probably most important is that all writing takes place in the first-person. So instead of:

Billy could feel the anger swelling in him before he repeatedly punched the man in the face.

It would be:

I couldn't believe that f***. Talking about my family like that? Something snapped in me, that much I knew. Enough so that I tackled his ass and punched him in his ugly mug until he stopped moving.

That's weird.

It may feel weird at first, but you get used to it. It proved to be a lot of fun in previous incarnations. Trust me, with practice, once you get good at it it's a lot of fun.

OK Ramble's McGee, can I make my character, or is there anything else?

Yes, of course! There are two bars: Twist and Shout and Hungry Like a Wolf. TaS is the Russos' bar. If you want to side with them, go there and get your missions from them. HLaW is the New Pack's joint, if you want to join them, go there. There's one universal rule both follow: no weapons. No matter how sneaky you think you can make your character, he/she will be stripped of their arsenal and then have it returned once they leave.

Siiiiigh. Anything else?

All standard rules apply. No god-modding, not perfect characters (both are incredibly boring anyway). If you want to violently harm another person's character, you must absolutely run it by them first. Always communicate! And the GM's (me) word is law around these parts.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them in the discussion section!

Finally! Geez you talk too much.

I know! Hope to see you in the game!
Back to top Go down

Avarus FAQ (read second!)
Page 1 of 1