Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shade Discussion

Go down 
+12
FlakeandFins
chad.sims2
Addicted2aa
Zorell
Deathblade
Blossom
Mike Nemesis
no_more_skrbblz
CommonGoods
Fayte
Gloom
CDRW
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
CDRW
Advanced Gamer
CDRW

Male Number of posts : 142
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Shade Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 7:10 am

The area for talking about all things Shade and Shade related, like trees, tall buildings, certian relatives...

Welcome. If you have any questions just ask. Very Happy

The game will start in a couple of days as soon as we have enough people to get it going.
Back to top Go down
http://nameofcuriosity.blogspot.com
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Female Number of posts : 1886
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Shade Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 7:44 am

I'm in can't wait for this to get under way ^_^
Back to top Go down
Fayte
Master Gamer
Fayte

Female Number of posts : 722
Prestige : 1

Shade Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 8:04 am

WOW. this seems like my type of game. It took me twice to read it to get where guardians fit in but yeah. Awsome stuff. Might have to get into it really soon. But nice set up and it seems really thought through. Well done!
Back to top Go down
CDRW
Advanced Gamer
CDRW

Shade Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 8:09 am

Welcome. Gloom, your profile looks really cool. I can't wait to see what happens with her.

Thanks Fayte. I hope you're able to join up soon.
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Shade Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 8:11 am

No problems, I think it will be awesome filling her out in your world ^_^
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Shade Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 9:28 am

Dibs on the first normal spot. Figured not all of us are imortal, so I picked a medic Wink
Back to top Go down
CDRW
Advanced Gamer
CDRW

Shade Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 9:42 am

Cool profile I'm glad you went with a normal. It'll be fun to see how you play him. I think we'll definitly need a medic too. Shades may be immortal, but it's only Type II.
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

Male Number of posts : 771
Prestige : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Shade Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 11:59 am

alright... so one question: if i choose guardian, do i have to pick which shade i guard, or will you choose the shade for me?...
Back to top Go down
CDRW
Advanced Gamer
CDRW

Shade Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 12:12 pm

You pick the shade you want to guard. Just ask the player of the Shade if it's fine with them.
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

Shade Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 12:17 pm

that sounds quite fine...
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

Male Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Shade Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 12:21 pm

I was considering being a normal character because I didn't think it would be as popular. I got proved wrong lol ah I'm meant to keep my RP commitments down but this sounds interesting as does Darkthoughts next one. This one kicks off soon as it has enough members right? Is it likely to be quite a long running one?
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

Shade Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 12:44 pm

okay, i need a shade before i can go on... any volunteers?...
Back to top Go down
CDRW
Advanced Gamer
CDRW

Shade Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 12:54 pm

I don't imagine it being extremely long, but a lot of that will depend on the players because the game will be more of an open sand-box than mission-based.
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

Shade Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:08 pm

so CDRW, you need a guardian?...
Back to top Go down
CDRW
Advanced Gamer
CDRW

Shade Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:13 pm

Yeah, hop on board. I have written in Tom's profile that his guardian is his brother. Do you want to run with that or should I change it?
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

Shade Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:16 pm

i can change mine... i barely got started anyhow...
Back to top Go down
CDRW
Advanced Gamer
CDRW

Shade Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 2:49 pm

Just to make it clear about guardians. Their main purpose is in a "who watches the watchmen" capacity. They are there to make sure that nobody becomes a shade for the immortality and then skips out of their duty, or finds out it's harder and more stressful than they thought and try to quit. The guardians are there to punish negligence.
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384

Shade Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 1:33 am

Three questions;

Can normal people who can see spirits only see them, or also hear them and possibly even talk to them?

Do spirits know they should have head into the light, or risk being hunted down by shades?

Can spirits still cross over to the other side at a later time?
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Shade Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 3:13 am

Errr I'm in the need of a Guardian, anyone?
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Celestial Gamer
Blossom

Female Number of posts : 865
Prestige : 8

Shade Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 4:18 am

I'll be your Guardian, if you have no major objections Gloom.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Shade Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 5:02 am

okay, just a thought here. In the physics it says that spirits Can't pass through physical objects, but physical objects Can pass through them? How does that make any sense?

Also I be thinkin' you got this idea from Bleach or something.

Finally, I'll be a shade if someone wants to be my guardian, or vice versa, I don't care.
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Shade Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 5:41 am

Blossom wrote:
I'll be your Guardian, if you have no major objections Gloom.

Great Blossom I'm looking forwards to it ^_^
Back to top Go down
CDRW
Advanced Gamer
CDRW

Shade Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 6:59 am

CommonGoods wrote:
Three questions;

Can normal people who can see spirits only see them, or also hear them and possibly even talk to them? They can have the ability to hear and even talk to them depending on how sensitive you make your character. I'm leaving that part up to you and how you want to play him

Do spirits know they should have head into the light, or risk being hunted down by shades? Yes. They know they are dead and shouldn't be here. They don't nessecarily know about the shades, but they find out quickly on their own.

Can spirits still cross over to the other side at a later time? Yes. They can do it on their own or the shade can do it forcibly by capturing them. Actually destroying the spirit is only a last resort if it is not possible to capture it.

Quote :

okay, just a thought here. In the physics it says that spirits Can't pass through physical objects, but physical objects Can pass through them? How does that make any sense? I'll admit I did that entirely out of convenience. I didn't want you guys walking through walls, but I also didn't want to get into the whole "what if somebody shoots a gun and you just happen to be between the bullet and its target" issue. Besides, we're talking about ghosts, I'm sure you'll forgive a little non-sensicality here. Wink

Also I be thinkin' you got this idea from Bleach or something.

I'll admit that Bleach did influence it, but believe it or not it wasn't the source of the idea. That being said, I really don't like Bleach. Once I figured out that even the genocidal mad scientist can't die it killed off the small remaining desire I had to finish the series.

Also, Blossom has agreed to be vice GM for the game, so make sure you listen to her.

I'm not going to be around tomorrow and most of Saturday, but we could start the game Saturday night, Sunday, or wait until the beginning of next week. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Zorell
Advanced Gamer
Zorell

Female Number of posts : 170

Shade Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 10:47 am

About the whole Guardian...I need one Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Shade Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 12:36 pm

K you be the shade, I'll be the guardian.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shade Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shade Discussion
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next