Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shade Discussion

Go down 
+12
FlakeandFins
chad.sims2
Addicted2aa
Zorell
Deathblade
Blossom
Mike Nemesis
no_more_skrbblz
CommonGoods
Fayte
Gloom
CDRW
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Zorell
Advanced Gamer
Zorell

Female Number of posts : 170
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Shade Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 12:39 pm

Cool, and you don't even have to worry about them knowing each other Wink

Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 12:51 pm

so are you saying that we just met and are like, hey what's up, want me to be your guardian?

Anyways someone tell me if his last gear is too much, the pack of cigs and lighter are just items for when he needs a smoke.
Back to top Go down
Zorell
Advanced Gamer
Zorell

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 12:53 pm

I mean that, since the rules say that the two might not know each other until one's neig punished, the characters don't have to be related or even know each other that well.

I thought some other force made the two a pair, not simple meeting?
Back to top Go down
Zorell
Advanced Gamer
Zorell

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 12:55 pm

Imo, your gear doesn't seem over the top.

His discription sounds like he and Lance would in fact be friends Razz
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 1:00 pm

okay, there's a plus. I just figured, hey I've got a cigarrette, a lighter, gunpowder, greanade cases, lotion, etc, plus my
Back to top Go down
Addicted2aa
Gamer
Addicted2aa

Male Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 2:14 pm

hey,
I've got 4 questions

One, Is it ok to create a character who hunts shades because he thinks they are abominations of the devil? There was nothing about limiting fighting, but I wasn't sure if having so direct a conflict would be appreciated.

two, Can normal characters physically interact with spirits if they are skilled enough? I assumed not, judging from your earlier answer, but again I thought I'd double check.

three, are special abilities limited only to being aware of spirits and things that exist in this world?

four, Is three weapons too many?

Sorry if these were explained and I somehow missed them. I just wanted to make sure I got the rules right.
Back to top Go down
CDRW
Advanced Gamer
CDRW

Male Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 5:54 pm

I'm fine with the weapons that you two have, but probably won't be fine with anything bigger. I just have to ask one thing...lotion? Is that standard grenade making materials or something? Shocked

Addicted: Feel free to be as...shadist...spiritualist...whatever as you want, but I'm a little wary of having you outright hunting down shades. If any fighting does happen just remember that the other person has to be fine with it as well. Work it out in PM's and if there's any questions about if it's appropriate message me too.

No a normal cannot interact with a spirit at all beyond seeing and speaking with them, and even that would be limited to those that are very sensitive.

Yes, the special abilities are limited to those things alone.

The rule of thumb as far as weapons go is "could you walk down the street with them without being immediately spotted and arrested?" If they can be concealed you should be fine, unless you are stopped and searched by the police for some reason, which will be a possibility.
Back to top Go down
http://nameofcuriosity.blogspot.com
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 6:28 pm

I just have to ask one thing...lotion? Is that standard grenade making materials or something?

Yeah, you can pretty much make a bomb out of anything these days, including lotion. There are some chemicals in there that make it combustable, but you have to have a proper amount.

Ever since 9/11 airports have required that if you bring lotion or haircare products they have to be less than 8 oz. in fear of terrorists making bombs. Basically you need one of those hotel soaps and shampoos if you're going to bring them for hygiene.

If I do happen to get anything bigger though, it will be because I just find it in the right place, like an RPG in a military complex or something.
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Celestial Gamer
Blossom

Female Number of posts : 865
Prestige : 8

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 6:32 pm

Quote :
Great Blossom I'm looking forwards to it ^_^

Magic ^_^ Should be fun!

Quote :
Also, Blossom has agreed to be vice GM for the game, so make sure you listen to her.

Yaaah dudes. Or there will be some smiting.

Wink
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 6:36 pm

why would you want to smite someone as lovable as me? Razz
Back to top Go down
CDRW
Advanced Gamer
CDRW

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 10:32 pm

For the same reason we climb mountains. "Because you're there." Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384
Prestige : 3

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 12:12 am

deathblade15 wrote:
I just have to ask one thing...lotion? Is that standard grenade making materials or something?

Yeah, you can pretty much make a bomb out of anything these days, including lotion. There are some chemicals in there that make it combustable, but you have to have a proper amount.

Ever since 9/11 airports have required that if you bring lotion or haircare products they have to be less than 8 oz. in fear of terrorists making bombs. Basically you need one of those hotel soaps and shampoos if you're going to bring them for hygiene.

If I do happen to get anything bigger though, it will be because I just find it in the right place, like an RPG in a military complex or something.

It's a bit more complicated then that; it's mainly because of the things you may have disolved in the bottle, or maybe emptied the bottle and refilled it with another chemical. Which is why you can't evewn take a bottle of cola or water with you. You can't simply grab your everyday bottle of hand lotion, aply a fuse and blow a car to smithereens. In fact, getting anything to blow up instead of just fizzle is pretty damn hard without an agent like nitroglycerine, gunpowder or the like.

Then again... I think some of us may remember Fight Club (soap = nitroglycerine!)
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 5:35 am

First rule of fight club you DON'T talk about fight club! Evil or Very Mad

Even then I got the basic story right, I could carry a packet of nitroglycerine, but for the sake of me not blowing up in case I trip and fall, well...
Back to top Go down
chad.sims2
Celestial Gamer
chad.sims2

Male Number of posts : 1030
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 7:17 am

The easiest explosive is the same one the Unibomber used, fertalizer and gasoline, and it definatly goes BOOM.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 7:24 am

yeah you can pretty much make a bomb out of anything these days even if it only makes a puff.
Back to top Go down
Fayte
Master Gamer
Fayte

Female Number of posts : 722
Prestige : 1

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 7:49 am

and right now Government flags are popping up lmao

Ok, game related question.... How do we 'capture' these spirits?
Back to top Go down
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

Male Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 7:52 am

If we decide to be a shade, does our guardian have to be another player or can it be an NPC we make up?
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

Female Number of posts : 1514
Prestige : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:02 am

Quote :
Also, Blossom has agreed to be vice GM for the game, so make sure you listen to her.
This is great news!~Go get 'em, Smiter! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://ginnyshoestrings.wordpress.com/
CDRW
Advanced Gamer
CDRW

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 9:38 am

When the Shade comes into the city they choose a spot to set up a "gate." It can be done in anything that a person could fit through, like a doorway or a window or even just a frame of sticks. Setting up the gate is one of the powers of a shade, and it only works on spirits. A normal person passing through wouldn't feel anything, allthough one who could see spirits might see it. They can set up a gate once per day, and it closes at the end of the day. All you have to do to capture a spirit is to get them to go through it.

Yes, your guardian can be an NPC.

Did anyone see my earlier post about when to start the game? Are there any preferences?
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 9:49 am

what kind of history can we have? Is it possible to have been born in the middle ages or something and then you became a guardian and as you passed through time you learned many truths and learned all there is to know about bombs throughout the ages?
Back to top Go down
Fayte
Master Gamer
Fayte

Female Number of posts : 722
Prestige : 1

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:00 am

Im a bit worried about ur facination of bombs DB o_O
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

Female Number of posts : 1514
Prestige : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:35 am

Me too. I can't help wondering when DB will play a guy with prosthetic hands because he blew his own off playing with nitroglycerin or something.
Back to top Go down
http://ginnyshoestrings.wordpress.com/
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:44 am

is it possible to have robotic arms? Razz
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

Male Number of posts : 1739
Prestige : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:55 am

deathblade15 wrote:
is it possible to have robotic arms? Razz

Sure, if you can build 'em. *hands you two toothpicks, a rubber band, and a Band-Aid* Get to work.

On a side note, I like your character. Reminds me of the guy I'm gonna play in New Avarus City. But my guy builds random gadgets, not just bombs. We're changing the world one strip of duct tape at a time. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 11:07 am

After three days of work connecting all the right components and painfully grafting them onto his skin (Garris constantly passed out from the pain) he managed to make his robotic arms.

Check me out, I'm friggin awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shade Discussion
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next