Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shade Discussion

Go down 
+12
FlakeandFins
chad.sims2
Addicted2aa
Zorell
Deathblade
Blossom
Mike Nemesis
no_more_skrbblz
CommonGoods
Fayte
Gloom
CDRW
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Addicted2aa
Gamer
Addicted2aa

Male Number of posts : 98
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Shade Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 2:30 pm

Start the game whenever you feel like it boss
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Celestial Gamer
Blossom

Female Number of posts : 865
Prestige : 8
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 3:59 pm

CD, I would appreciate it if you would wait to start the game 'til Sunday, only I doubt I will get to a computer tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Honorius
Master Gamer
Honorius

Male Number of posts : 423
Prestige : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:28 am

Hey, do we have a character limit on this?
Back to top Go down
CDRW
Advanced Gamer
CDRW

Male Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 8:06 pm

All right I'm back. We're starting tomorrow at around 4:00 Mountain (my) time.

Honorius: There is no character limit.

DB: Guardians are mortal, so no guys from the middle ages unless you make a shade character. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://nameofcuriosity.blogspot.com
chad.sims2
Celestial Gamer
chad.sims2

Male Number of posts : 1030
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 8:11 pm

Just a side note, I'll be on Staff Duty (If you don't know military slang just know it is a 24 hour duty) tommrow so I'll be back the next day. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 10:07 pm

Darn, major disappointment, do I still get my robotic arms? Also 4 MTS is 6 EST. I might not be able to start then, I'll have to do it monday.
Back to top Go down
Fayte
Master Gamer
Fayte

Female Number of posts : 722

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 6:06 am

We need a list of who is paird up (guardian and shade) etc. Im still needing a guardian but im happy to come up with my own. I htink. hahhaha
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 6:19 am

deathblade15 wrote:
Darn, major disappointment, do I still get my robotic arms? Also 4 MTS is 6 EST. I might not be able to start then, I'll have to do it monday.
'

You were serious about that? I figured we were playing in the present, not fourty years into the future.
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Female Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 6:42 am

Yeah DB you really need to think about realism as well as genre and theme while making game characters, it seems a little unrealistic to me...
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Celestial Gamer
Blossom

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 8:21 am

It is. If you read the game description, DB, you'll see that the game is set in the present. As far as I'm aware robotic arms - at least, working robotic arms integrated onto a human being - do not exist. If CD disagrees it's his call, but as far as I'm concerned it's too sci-fi.

*EDIT*

Here's a list of all current characters, their players and classes. Shades and Guardians are coloured coded.

Shades

Tom Cyril – CDRW
Coby – Gloom
Lance Costello – Zorell
Kate Merstock – Fayte
Ansgar Aloysius - Honorius

Guardians

Donovan Cyril – Skrbblz
Adelaide Thorne – Blossom
Derek Galbadar – DB

Normals

Edward Walker – CG
Drake Priest – Chad
Duncan Campbell - Addicted

Last edited by Blossom on Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zorell
Advanced Gamer
Zorell

Female Number of posts : 170

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 8:58 am

Is it possible for a Norml to become a Guardian during the game? Just a random question I had.
Back to top Go down
Honorius
Master Gamer
Honorius

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 9:02 am

Questions:

1. How does a person actually become a shade?
2. Do shades age? Or do they retain the appearance from when they were changed?
3. Must a shade attempt to save all the souls they find, or can they just destroy all of the ones they find?
4. Can the souls and shades float like ghosts?
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 10:16 am

I was kidding about the robotic arm, however that would be pretty sweet, the machine spirit be praised. Razz
Back to top Go down
CDRW
Advanced Gamer
CDRW

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 11:30 am

Chad and DB, that sucks that you guys can't make it today.

Blossom: Thanks for making that list. Everybody take note, this is what they call pre-emptive responsibility. I would totally give her a raise if I was paying her, but I'm not and I won't, because I'm cheap like that.

Zorell: Yes, a normal can become a shade during the game if they want, and they even have the added bonus of not needing to worry about getting a guardian for 60 days. Very Happy

Honorius: Stop making me make stuff up on the spot, it's bad for my brain.

1. Step 1. Somebody who knows explains everything involved in becoming a shade, especially the "you can't ever go to heaven or hell" aspect.
Step 2. That person asks in a firm, dramatic voice, "do you want to become a shade?"
Step 3. Insert special effects of your choice, ones that aren't seen by normals.
Step 4. Start playing around with your new-found immortality and invisibility. (but keep it pg-13 or less.)
2. Shades do not age after they become one.
3. Yes, Yes, and again Yes. (I hope I'm not being too repetitive there.) I was actually hoping someone would ask this, just to make sure it's clear. I'm pretty sure I said it before, but going on a ghost killing rampage is grounds for your guardians to go on a shade killing rampage. (Players take note, lots of potential drama here. Wink )Pretend like you're police. (WITH GHOSTS!) Killing is reserved for when your, or somebody else's life is in danger. Don't worry, there will be plenty of danger for you guys to play around with though.
4. In the interest of not having to create and enforce a whole bunch of confusing rules on altitude and speed limits I'm going to say no, but they do fall really slow. Don't worry about gravity killing you while you're a spirit.

To end, I leave you all with this thought. lol! This smiley totally looks like Squall. I'm pretty sure that hair is a copyright violation.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 11:37 am

Reall I thought it looked like Zack.
Back to top Go down
Honorius
Master Gamer
Honorius

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 11:40 am

What stuff did I make up on the spot? the atheist hobo with a sniper rifle? I thought long and hard about that... and I'm totally serious. Did I mention that he's a former Nazi?

And I had expected something like you have to talk to god, some secret cult priest, or get stabbed with a magic katana to become a shade. But this is nice and simple.
Back to top Go down
CDRW
Advanced Gamer
CDRW

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 12:07 pm

What I meant was that your questions are forcing me to make up answers for stuff I hadn't thought about, which, no matter how much I complain, is actually, technically, a good thing. Your character actually looks really cool. Sorry about the mix-up.
Back to top Go down
Honorius
Master Gamer
Honorius

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 1:01 pm

Thats okay. I just had to figure out how an Atheist practically becomes an agent of God.

And thanks for the compliment. Believe it or not I didnt make up my Atheist, Nazi, Hobo with a sniper rifle on the spot. I actually thought it out.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 2:42 pm

What about an old man, skating through a mall, with a shotgun, blasting off zombies. Razz
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Celestial Gamer
Blossom

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 3:13 pm

The character list has been updated to include Honorius's char.

CD: You're very welcome, even if you are a cheapskate.

Wink

Oh, and personally I think that smiley's hair looks more like Goku from DBZ.
Back to top Go down
Zorell
Advanced Gamer
Zorell

Female Number of posts : 170

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 3:52 pm

Okay, so it's safe to assume that if a normal can becme a Shade during the game, it's also possible for a normal to become a Guardian?

Unrelated (I promise!) Can we have more than one character?

And darn, I've gotta go change Lance's background...one can''t be born a Shade Sad Can he?
Back to top Go down
CDRW
Advanced Gamer
CDRW

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 4:32 pm

I'll tell you what DB. If for some reason you find zombies in this game you have my full permission to blast them. Wink

Zorell: Yes, yes, and though I really hate to say it because his background is pretty darn cool, yes it does need to change at least enough to take into account that you can't be born a shade, and you should know what you're getting into when you become one. (It is possible to become one without knowing what you're getting into, but it's a death sentence for the one who convinced you to do it.)

I declare this game open. Go forth my minions!
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 4:37 pm

CD: are our characters watching the news and commenting on it?

Zorrell: are we roomates, am I visiting, or are we at our own houses?"
Back to top Go down
CDRW
Advanced Gamer
CDRW

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 4:41 pm

Whether you're watching it is up to you, but that's what's on right now.
Back to top Go down
Honorius
Master Gamer
Honorius

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 4:50 pm

I can't watch TV... My character's a hobo... He doesn't even own a chair to sit in while watching his imaginary TV... What exactly are we supposed to be doing right now? Do we just start doing something? Like begging on the side of the street?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shade Discussion
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next