Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shade Discussion

Go down 
+12
FlakeandFins
chad.sims2
Addicted2aa
Zorell
Deathblade
Blossom
Mike Nemesis
no_more_skrbblz
CommonGoods
Fayte
Gloom
CDRW
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Blossom
Celestial Gamer
Blossom

Female Number of posts : 865
Prestige : 8
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Shade Discussion - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 3:31 pm

Again I'll leave the final ruling up to CD, but I would like to point out Physics Rule #4 from the opening post:

Quote :
4. Moving solid objects can pass through spirits without causing harm.

A speeding bullet qualifies as a moving solid object in my book. I would guess most physical weapons don't have much, if any, effect on them.

Without wishing to cast aspersions on anyone, if people have further questions please double check the first post of the game thread, where quite a bit is explained about shades, spirits, guardians and how they work, to see if the answer is there. If, then, you still need clarification, of course ask questions.
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384
Prestige : 3

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 4:00 pm

Spirits can't be killed, except by Shade mumbo-jumbo. Shades can be killed while corporal, not while incorporal. Normal humans and guardians can be killed whenever.
Back to top Go down
Honorius
Master Gamer
Honorius

Male Number of posts : 423
Prestige : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 4:56 pm

... I think I've been misunderstood... The first post said that one might have to fight a spirit unwilling to leave this world. that would require killing it which results in that spirit being totally destroyed. It also said that anything you were holding while you changed into spirit form changed with you. So if a spirit was being uncooperative and you shot it with a spiritified high caliber bullet/shotgun/rocket in the head would the head explode or would it just disappear? And if it did explode would spirit blood come out? or ectoplasm stuff? or would their head just be ripped to shreds?
Back to top Go down
Fayte
Master Gamer
Fayte

Female Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 7:11 pm

^I like Honorius's idea. If in spiritual form, we can kill it but in corporeal form, you cannot?????

Exploding ectoplasm. Yum.

^yes. I know I am wierd.^
Back to top Go down
Zorell
Advanced Gamer
Zorell

Female Number of posts : 170
Prestige : 0

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 7:48 pm

CDRW wrote:
they won't be doing things like smooshing through the crack under the door or through a window-screen. Tissue paper has the same effect as a brick wall.

I meant the window was oped :eaffraid: my bad wording, sorry.
Back to top Go down
CDRW
Advanced Gamer
CDRW

Male Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 7:58 pm

Hmm. Let's see if we can try to clear this up. A spiritified gun and bullet will kill a spirit but not a normal. A normal gun and bullet will kill a normal and not a spirit. I would, however, prefer you guys not to go into lurid descriptions of exploding heads, spiritual or otherwise. The Chunky Salsa Rule is in effect, but that doesn't mean we have to show it.

Guardians cannot become spirits, so they cannot make their weapons spiritual, therefore they cannot destroy spirits. A guardian's power lies in their ability to know if their shade is doing their job or not, and to be able to locate and kill that shade.

No problems Zorell. I figured that was what was going on so I didn't say anything.

Unfortunately I've got to get off for the night and I don't have time to put up another post in Shade. Hopefully this tides you guys over until later. If there's any other questions let me know.
Back to top Go down
http://nameofcuriosity.blogspot.com
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Female Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 11:40 pm

No chunky salsa? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
CDRW
Advanced Gamer
CDRW

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 8:38 am

Only if you brought chips. Wink
Back to top Go down
Fayte
Master Gamer
Fayte

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 4:40 am

OM NOM NOM.
Back to top Go down
Honorius
Master Gamer
Honorius

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 4:50 am

FYI Common Goods, I don't think parademics aren't allowed to say "You're going to be alright". At least, Life guards can't
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 5:03 am

Well I guess you learn something new everyday.

Although I'm not sure if that rule also aplies if you can apologize to the person if he or she does die Razz
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 5:12 am

Actually in Australia that type of comment is allowed...
Back to top Go down
Fayte
Master Gamer
Fayte

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 5:31 am

Maybe it depends on the severity.

I can ask someone that runs around in an ambulance.

Anyways.....
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 5:35 am

I think it's kind of more a code of conduct then set rules
Back to top Go down
Honorius
Master Gamer
Honorius

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 2:05 pm

Well for life guards. or at least with the program that i work with its more of an anti-lawsuit measure... Because if you say they're going to be okay; and then they have a stroke/severe injury/die the family/person can sue...
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 6:05 pm

hmm, strange how the human race behaives. I see where it comes from though.
Back to top Go down
CDRW
Advanced Gamer
CDRW

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 6:01 pm

I just wanted to let you guys know that I won't be able to get on this weekend. The semester's ending and I've got a ton of things that I'm going to be busy with. Sad
Back to top Go down
Honorius
Master Gamer
Honorius

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 6:08 pm

Awww. btw, does anyone want to give Adelei a hand?
Back to top Go down
Fayte
Master Gamer
Fayte

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 4:21 am

Damn and hahah thanks for putting that in your sig!
Back to top Go down
Addicted2aa
Gamer
Addicted2aa

Male Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:28 am

I feel like a dick, but I'm not going to be able to post anything for the next two weeks, maybe three depending on how finals go. I didn't realize how much stuff I had on my plate. Sorry, I should have realized earlier. I assume that will put me too far behind to participate. If not, sweet, I'll catch back up later. If so, sorry. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Fayte
Master Gamer
Fayte

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:35 am

Its cool, seems like a lot of people have a lot on.

Just did a crappy post myself. lmao.
Back to top Go down
CDRW
Advanced Gamer
CDRW

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:25 am

That sucks. I wish you could stay, but school is definitly more important. Let us know when you're back. We might be able to let you back into the game depending on where we are at the time, but I can't make any gurantees. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Honorius
Master Gamer
Honorius

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 6:13 pm

I had thought that Tom would've noticed the girl from just a few minutes ago. Oh well.

Edit: also, how do shades react to other shades? Friendly or are they enemy like for taking each others jobs?

Last edited by Honorius on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CDRW
Advanced Gamer
CDRW

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 6:18 pm

Oops. We'll say that he didn't get a good look at her. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Honorius
Master Gamer
Honorius

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 7:03 pm

Are we able to make our own enraged spirits who dont want to leave this world or is that your job?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shade Discussion   Shade Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shade Discussion
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next