Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread)

Go down 
+5
CommonGoods
Fluxhavok
jamer508
Darkthought
chad.sims2
9 posters
AuthorMessage
chad.sims2
Celestial Gamer
chad.sims2

Male Number of posts : 1030
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-26

molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread) Empty
PostSubject: molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread)   molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:32 pm

Ok, thought it'd be an interesting Idea to make a thread just for debating stupid or pointless subjects. Whoever wants can name a subject when the old one dies. And just keep the irrelivent arguments flowing on what ever random subject gets posted. I'll start off with this subject...

Ironman Vs Superman: Who'd win in a fight?

I'm going to have to go with Ironman on this one. Come on, he's super smart. Who needs super speed, and super strength, when if you can be taken out by a glowing green rock. I mean Stark (Ironman) would just make a kriptonite gun and blow Superman away. No contest!
Back to top Go down
Darkthought
Super Gamer
Darkthought

Male Number of posts : 306
Prestige : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread)   molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:07 am

Well the obvious answer is that Batman would just buy the rights to both of them...I imagine he has more money than Stark anyway. Then he would discontinue the comics.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/doomofseasons
chad.sims2
Celestial Gamer
chad.sims2

PostSubject: Re: molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread)   molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:42 am

Tuche, your logic is undebatable.... But, I'm going to have to disagree. Stark has to be richer than Bruce. Think about it, he's a technilogical genius, where bruce is just old money. He's probably spent half of it on that crazy cave of his. He is really a show off.
Back to top Go down
Darkthought
Super Gamer
Darkthought

PostSubject: Re: molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread)   molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 1:31 am

You sir are incorrect. Bruce Wayne has numerous investments in things such as fine hotels and restaurants, pharmaceuticals and health care. In fact, the Forbes Top 25 Fictional Businesses listed Wayne Enterprises at a net worth of 31 Billion dollars whereas Stark Industries was a meager 20.3 Billion. And seeing as Stark has invested in Technology, his business is more likely to suffer from an economic downturn whereas Wayne Enterprise's investments and sister companies deal in more recession proof products.
Back to top Go down
chad.sims2
Celestial Gamer
chad.sims2

PostSubject: Re: molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread)   molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 6:16 am

Nonsense, Stark Industries is heavily involved in robotics, which (according to Bill Gates) is a feild that will continue to grow regardless of the economic situation. And if bill gates says it, it must be true. Due to this fact, Bruce may not lose money, but stark will continue to gain money. Expecially during this time of war, new weapons and toys are always needed.
Back to top Go down
Darkthought
Super Gamer
Darkthought

PostSubject: Re: molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread)   molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 4:51 pm

Point being...Forbes seems to agree with me.
Back to top Go down
jamer508
Initiate
jamer508

Number of posts : 42
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread)   molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 10:12 am

I'm going to have to agree. The information that Forbes provides is based on the industries and market explained in the comic series to date (only god know why someone did this). I would have to agree with Dark on this because he has more evidence, were as you are basing your argument on future happenings and little to no hard facts( er, fiction facts).
Back to top Go down
Fluxhavok
Super Gamer
Fluxhavok

Male Number of posts : 324
Prestige : 2

PostSubject: Re: molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread)   molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 12:41 pm

what the hell are you guys talking about? Superman would win. What the hell does Bruce Wayne being richer than Tony Stark have to do with a streetfight between Superman and Ironman? Assuming this is a streetfight and no time was set aside beforehand to strategize and procure kryptonite, then superman would mop the floor with Ironman, he would just use his laser vision heat ray thingy from outerspace and burn him to death with the molten metal from his suit... becuase he's a cheap omnipotent asshole who has every superpower in the book, and that's why his comic book sales fluctuate like crazy whenever a good artist leaves. Because the ludicrous storylines alone aren't enough to keep readers loyal. Superman's just a bunch of pretty pictures and he should have stayed dead.

damn that was harsh flux

shutup!
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384

PostSubject: Re: molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread)   molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 4:42 am

No no no, my good friend, you fail to see the point!

For starters, Stark would never just go into a fight unprepared. He has, after all, a whole secret organisation to back him up. I'm sure a government organisation like S.H.I.E.L.D, with all those funds and an endless amount of satelites, would be able to keep track of one costumed hero like Superman? So IF there was going to be a fight between the two, it would be out goo' ol' friend Tony who would be better prepared. With 20.3 billion dollars, he would be able to buy all the kryptonite in the world. As such, Tony Stark would obviously win.

It's Logic in Practise, Dear Watson.
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

Female Number of posts : 1514
Prestige : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread)   molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 7:28 am

Well, if it all comes down to technology vs. the superpowers of an illegal alien who can fly I'm afraid that superpowers do have a case for superiority. Kryptonite aside (as rich as Bruce Wayne is can he actually FIND any?) Superman's powers will not suddenly develop a fatal disk error, go out of sight of the tower and lose their signal, or need to be restarted. For the Batmobile, having a sudden glitch with a chip could result in a crash.

Unfortunately, technology as we know it can be just about as glitchy and unreliable as the old British cars outfitted with Lucas (a.k.a. The Prince of Darkness) Electronics.

Alas, though Batman is my personal favorite (okay...it's between Batman and Spiderman, really) I would have to give Superman his props for a much less bug-ridden-technology-dependent approach.

Wink
Back to top Go down
http://ginnyshoestrings.wordpress.com/
Blossom
Celestial Gamer
Blossom

Female Number of posts : 865
Prestige : 8

PostSubject: Re: molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread)   molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 8:14 am

All this also hinges on the assumption that Bruce Wayne would know about Superman's weakness. But in a random encounter with Superman leading to a fight between the two, what are the odds that Batman would snap his fingers and know to use Kryptonite?

Much as I would love to see Batman win (and I would. Superman needs to be taken down a notch) I think realistically Superman has the edge and is more likely to come out on top.

clown
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

PostSubject: Re: molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread)   molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 8:23 am

My friends, my friends! You fail to see the bigger picture! There WILL be NO random encounter! Stark has S.H.I.E.L.D, and as such, he would be aware of Superman's location as well as his weakness!

As far as Batman goes; ...

I have trouble talking about him... A masked guy wearing a tight suit, with a younger man, also in a tight suit, inside a cave, with 'gadgets'...

*shudder*
Back to top Go down
jamer508
Initiate
jamer508

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread)   molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 9:26 am

Blossom wrote:
All this also hinges on the assumption that Bruce Wayne would know about Superman's weakness. But in a random encounter with Superman leading to a fight between the two, what are the odds that Batman would snap his fingers and know to use Kryptonite?

Much as I would love to see Batman win (and I would. Superman needs to be taken down a notch) I think realistically Superman has the edge and is more likely to come out on top.

clown

Well in fact Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent do know eachother in the comic book and television series. So im certain by the time this "encounter" would arise the ultility belt would obviously have some type of Kryptonite in it. Plus i think batman had to use the kryptonite against one of the weird alter ego superman clone things once.
Back to top Go down
Fluxhavok
Super Gamer
Fluxhavok

PostSubject: Re: molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread)   molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 9:45 pm

Common. the planet Krypton doesn't exist in the marvel universe. there is no krytonite to be had. no one knows anything about superman's powers or weaknesses in that universe. If he decided to flip out on Ironman, he would easily destroy him... easily... he could just about destroy the whole marvel universe. cept maybe the surfer. they're about even on the cheapness scale.
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

PostSubject: Re: molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread)   molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:00 am

Well, we have a sort of paradox on our hands, don't we? After all, if Krypton doesn't exsist, how can superman? Like I said before, the whole idea that superman can beat Tony Stark is based on the idea that the latter doesn't know superman's weakness. And like I said before, that is unlikely, especialy with S.H.I.E.L.D backing up Ironman.
Back to top Go down
Fluxhavok
Super Gamer
Fluxhavok

PostSubject: Re: molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread)   molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 1:35 pm

I was thinking that while flying through space in the DC universe, superman accidently takes a wrong left turn and gets sucked through an interdimensional wormhole spitting him out in the marvel universe. when he returns to earth, SHEILD sattelites pick him up and send ironman to investigate, there's some kind of miscommunication, battle takes place, Ironman gets whomped.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Dragon
Master Gamer
Shadow Dragon

Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread)   molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 1:49 pm

Yeah, but when he came down they would get Hulk to fight him. Or someone would pay off Juggarnaut to fight against him. Also, Professor X could just screw with his mind.
Back to top Go down
Fluxhavok
Super Gamer
Fluxhavok

PostSubject: Re: molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread)   molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:01 pm

hopefully , SD. I hate superman.
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

Male Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread)   molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 12:15 pm

me too, but Superman would get them cats... Professor would slow him down a lot tho... leaving perhaps...Thor to finish him off?...
Back to top Go down
Shadow Dragon
Master Gamer
Shadow Dragon

Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread)   molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 1:06 pm

Thor could. I think the x-men working together could likely beat him. Also, if he beats Juggarnaut or Hulk it would only be because he can fly since those two likely equal him in strength.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread)   molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

molecular biology(Intelectual debate thread)
Page 1 of 1