Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Site Announcements

Go down 
+8
A.Mouse
Deathblade
Fayte
Darkthought
Blossom
Fluxhavok
Foxee
Teele
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Teele
Admin
Teele

Male Number of posts : 2410
Prestige : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Site Announcements Empty
PostSubject: Site Announcements   Site Announcements Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 10:23 pm

Site News

Well, folks, welcome aboard! This is the first real post on the site, and a notification that all of the forums and categories (for now) are officially laid out. What you're seeing now on the homepage is the entirety of the forums. A few more may be added later as the situation warrants.

To all who have already joined, my thanks. I shall do my best to make this a fun and interesting place for us all. Work may be slow for the next little while, especially while I recover from my surgery. Once I have the time, though, changes should be made and games started in fairly short order.

I look forward to gaming with you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://rpcentral.forumotion.net
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

Female Number of posts : 1514
Prestige : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Site Announcements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Announcements   Site Announcements Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 7:31 am

Hey, Teele, thanks for giving us some place of our own to hang out and to game. This is marvelous!

~Foxee
Back to top Go down
http://ginnyshoestrings.wordpress.com/
Teele
Admin
Teele

Site Announcements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Announcements   Site Announcements Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:11 am

Thanks, Fox!

Okay, I fixed the permissions issues we were having, increased the font size of the text so we can read it, and got rid of the annoying rank image thing that I thought would be cool. I'll be working on something different for that.

I've also added a subforum for the Persistent World that I'll be running from here. Nothing's in it yet, but it shall come once I get my thoughts together.

Thanks again, everyone!
Back to top Go down
Fluxhavok
Super Gamer
Fluxhavok

Male Number of posts : 324
Prestige : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Site Announcements Empty
PostSubject: yay   Site Announcements Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 12:32 pm

"I have returned!!!!" cheers

**Starcraft reference**

thanks for the invite guys! can't wait to get down on some awesome rpg-age!!

P.S.- nice assortment of emoticons! Shocked

lol!
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Celestial Gamer
Blossom

Female Number of posts : 865
Prestige : 8

Site Announcements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Announcements   Site Announcements Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 5:48 pm

Thanks for the invite!

This is an awesome site. Loving it!
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Site Announcements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Announcements   Site Announcements Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 6:07 pm

Many thanks, folks!

Between resting my eye up, I am working on transferring over the guides from the other site to here. They need editing, since this site setup uses some different stuff and mechanisms, and I'm not sure if we can set things up with the approval structure so popular on WF. Glad to have y'all aboard nonetheless! Can't wait to get some games going!
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Site Announcements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Announcements   Site Announcements Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 6:26 pm

Oh, and, VERY important announcement. Your Benevolent Dictator For Life has decided on a change of personas: he is no longer Yagami Raito. He is now Squall Lionheart. Wink
Back to top Go down
Darkthought
Super Gamer
Darkthought

Male Number of posts : 306

Site Announcements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Announcements   Site Announcements Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 7:50 pm

A fair change my benevolent dictator.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/doomofseasons
Teele
Admin
Teele

Site Announcements Empty
PostSubject: Update January 25th, 2009   Site Announcements Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 4:15 pm

Hey guys,
To to cap up on the changes I've made, I have done some modest adjustments to the colors; namely that of the quotes and the moderator titles. I have changed our site favicon into something cooler. Wink I have also added a few discussion threads to start us in the RPGs, as well as a new forum in the Writings for general writing discussions. Very Happy

Thanks for your input and for pointing things out for me, guys!
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Site Announcements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Announcements   Site Announcements Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:04 pm

Right, some of you may have noticed that your sig isn't displaying in your posts. Apparently, this feature is turned off by default. If you'd like it on (like me), go to Profile at the top menu, hit Preferences, look for 'Always attach signature' and set it to 'Yes'.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Site Announcements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Announcements   Site Announcements Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:15 pm

Okay, I have now messed with some administrative stuff to make things more friendly. Sigs and quick replies are the most significant addition. Wink
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Site Announcements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Announcements   Site Announcements Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 9:51 am

March 14, 2009

Just letting you guys know, I'm gonna be probably sparse for this weekend and for some of next week. I'll be checking in now and then; once a day at least; but I got some exams next week, so I must concentrate on filling my brain with HTML tags, Unix shell commands, the mysteries of designing information systems for accounting, and the graphic, gory details of the Unified Process.

Nowhere near as fun as swinging swords and shooting guns, but hey. It's a living.

Thanks, all! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fayte
Master Gamer
Fayte

Female Number of posts : 722
Prestige : 1
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Site Announcements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Announcements   Site Announcements Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 10:08 am

HAH have fun and concentrate well. Education is a couple up from RPing unfortunatly.... Anyways, GOOD LUCK!
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Site Announcements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Announcements   Site Announcements Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 6:23 am

May 27th, 2009

Your redident benvolent dictator for life would like to inform you that Roleplayers Central has capped 10000 global posts.

-throws confetti-

My thanks to all of our faithful and honorable members who have made this possible! You may ask me a question that was once asked to Henry Ford. "What do you want now?" To which I answer: "Another one." Wink Hope you guys have had lots of fun with our first ten grand and that you'll stick around for another ten...or hundred or thousand. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fayte
Master Gamer
Fayte

Female Number of posts : 722
Prestige : 1
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Site Announcements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Announcements   Site Announcements Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 7:48 am

YAY! *starts doing the crazy dance*
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Site Announcements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Announcements   Site Announcements Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 7:53 am

Sweet, I'd like to thank all the little people of the world that I had to step on to get here with everyone else.
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

Male Number of posts : 1739
Prestige : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Site Announcements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Announcements   Site Announcements Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 8:00 am

I'm now regretting not mentioning this when I first saw it yesterday. I did post THE 10,000th post after all, not to say the other 9,999 didn't play a part. Makes me feel kinda warm and fuzzy inside.

Oh well, I'll announce the 1 million mark... and the 1 billion when we get there. Very Happy Wink
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Site Announcements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Announcements   Site Announcements Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 8:06 pm

May 28, 2009

Okay, so, through my sheer wizardliness, I have discovered an administrative option to activate an Advanced Profile for us. This is similar to what you'll see on vBulletin based sites (i.e WF.org); and it includes support for visitor messages, statistics, friend/foe management, and contact info. Basically takes the stuff we already have and prettifies it a bit. It's a feature though, which makes it cool. Very Happy

Oh, and to send a visitor message to someone from their profile, go to the statistics tab and click the link under "Visitor Messaging". Retarded place to put it, I know. Razz
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Site Announcements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Announcements   Site Announcements Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:56 am

June 17, 2009

Alright, folks! Since many GMs like to edit their work up on the game thread after its posted, I've come up with a new system that allows them to do that and author their own threads. The solution is a special group called Game Masters. Game Masters are no different from regular members EXCEPT for the fact that they can post to the Game Queue forum and edit their responses.

However, not much has changed rules-wise. You hand me a game premise, I'll look it over, add you to the GM group, let you know, and you can go ahead and post it yourself.

Bear in mind that permissions are granted to the Game Queue forum, NOT the Stand-Alone Games forum. This allows me to be able to approve/moderate the upcoming games if necessary.

Ahem. Now that the technical specifications are out of the way, please proceed to the Suggestions and Feedback forum to tell me if Game Masters should have a special rank and color. Smile
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Site Announcements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Announcements   Site Announcements Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:57 am

June 22, 2009

Hey y'all. We now have a reputation system, which I just now noticed in my administrative options. Very Happy I've dubbed it Prestige, and you should now notice little plus and minus buttons on the side of all posts that are not your own. If you like somebody's post, go ahead and hit the plus button to serve them up a point of Prestige. You can use your imagination for the converse. Wink

Now, we're going to run this in trial. If I start getting complaints of members going around giving everyone a bad rep, and devising methods to cheat their way into more rep, or soliciting reputation points, I'll shut this down and avoid myself the headaches.

Thank you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Site Announcements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Announcements   Site Announcements Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:59 am

Oh, and btw, I'm looking at the other nitty-gritty stuff on the forums and I might be able to fix some of the funny/odd stuff on our forums (like, for instance, the one non-English-speaking developer whose muddled attempts at labeling occur in several places on the forum. Razz).
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Site Announcements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Announcements   Site Announcements Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:57 pm

ok I didn't read that, thanks Teele. I sense a brownosing opportunity Razz jk.
Back to top Go down
Jade DragonSpectre
Celestial Gamer
Jade DragonSpectre

Female Number of posts : 806
Prestige : 8

Site Announcements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Announcements   Site Announcements Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 2:31 am

That's cool. And thanks to whoever gave me +1 Prestige Cool
Back to top Go down
Darkthought
Super Gamer
Darkthought

Male Number of posts : 306

Site Announcements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Announcements   Site Announcements Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 2:36 am

I'm back.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/doomofseasons
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Site Announcements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Announcements   Site Announcements Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 6:02 am

@Jade, that was me, no idea what I was doing, but you totally deserve the prestige.

@DT, welcome back bro, how's life been for ya?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Site Announcements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Announcements   Site Announcements Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Site Announcements
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next