Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Deathblade15's Random Thought Discussion Thread (DB15RTDT)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Deathblade15's Random Thought Discussion Thread (DB15RTDT) Empty
PostSubject: Deathblade15's Random Thought Discussion Thread (DB15RTDT)   Deathblade15's Random Thought Discussion Thread (DB15RTDT) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 11:33 pm

Week 1: Power

They say Power corrupts... yet God is the ultimate power... and God does good things... how does that work?

Start them Brainy engines!

(Every wednesday I will post a new random thought that comes to mind, if you're interested in disucussing it please do so here. Thank you.)
Back to top Go down
Fluxhavok
Super Gamer
Fluxhavok

Male Number of posts : 324
Prestige : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Deathblade15's Random Thought Discussion Thread (DB15RTDT)   Deathblade15's Random Thought Discussion Thread (DB15RTDT) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:02 am

You read the old testament? God does bad things too. And his power isn't absolute, unless you don't believe in free will.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Deathblade15's Random Thought Discussion Thread (DB15RTDT)   Deathblade15's Random Thought Discussion Thread (DB15RTDT) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 3:45 am

sorry I never really payed attention to "Scriptual Reading" during First Semester's Theology course. You normally found me doodling. Anyways, I think that pretty much broke the thought process, however more members can post their comments.
Back to top Go down
Jade DragonSpectre
Celestial Gamer
Jade DragonSpectre

Female Number of posts : 806
Prestige : 8
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Deathblade15's Random Thought Discussion Thread (DB15RTDT)   Deathblade15's Random Thought Discussion Thread (DB15RTDT) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 3:04 pm

*brainy engine whines and explodes*

scratch

... I don't think I understood the question (?), and I don't know anything about religion. But from what I do understand, my conclusion: power doesn't always corrupt. People can be corrupt without power, and people who get into power were probably corrupt before, and for other reasons. And people decide what bad is. God might think whatever 'bad' things he does are okay.
Back to top Go down
CDRW
Advanced Gamer
CDRW

Male Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Deathblade15's Random Thought Discussion Thread (DB15RTDT)   Deathblade15's Random Thought Discussion Thread (DB15RTDT) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 1:03 pm

Power provides the lightning, corruption is the path of least resistance.
Back to top Go down
http://nameofcuriosity.blogspot.com
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

Male Number of posts : 1739
Prestige : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Deathblade15's Random Thought Discussion Thread (DB15RTDT)   Deathblade15's Random Thought Discussion Thread (DB15RTDT) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 2:50 pm

Quote :
They say Power corrupts... yet God is the ultimate power... and God does good things... how does that work?
Hmm... I guess I'll take a stab at this one. CAUTION: Personal opinions ahead, some of which are religious in nature./CAUTION

Okay, I think it comes down to (1) how you define "corrupt" and (2) how you define "God."

To me, "corrupt" describes anything that fails to meet its intended purpose. For example: the police force is intended to protect the innocent and uphold the law; a corrupt cop is a cop who intentionally harms the innocent and/or intentionally breaks laws. Example: A corrupted memory card will fail to save data because saving data is the intended purpose of a memory card. Anyway, you see where I'm going with that.

Next is how you define God. I define God as the ultimate force of good. God doesn't think like man; we can't always see things the way He sees things. Ex: We think hurricanes, tornadoes, and whatnot are 'bad' because lots of people die in them, but God operates on a grander scale than that, so there is an ultimate good that comes from these things, we just can't comprehend it. (The non-religious people or those of a different faith may be tuning me out now. And that's cool. To each his own. Obviously, I've got no facts to back any of this up.)

So, by my definition(s), God has an intended purpose for us all (to serve he greater good) and cannot deviate from that, therefore He cannot fail to meet his intended purpose, therefore He cannot be corrupt. We, however, can deviate from God's plan (yup, free will) and produce minor setbacks in His grand scheme. But that doesn't make God corrupt, it just makes us... human.

And... ummm... that's all I've got. So... g'day folks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deathblade15's Random Thought Discussion Thread (DB15RTDT)   Deathblade15's Random Thought Discussion Thread (DB15RTDT) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deathblade15's Random Thought Discussion Thread (DB15RTDT)
Page 1 of 1