Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned!

Go down 
+9
Deathblade
Mike Nemesis
A.Mouse
Blossom
Teele
CDRW
CommonGoods
chad.sims2
Foxee
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

Female Number of posts : 1514
Prestige : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned! Empty
PostSubject: Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned!   Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 8:34 pm

Hey, folks,

Figured it was time to explain why I haven't been around much the last few days...and why I may not get many posts up the rest of the week at least. Putting aside the fact that I'm expecting this baby in 2 weeks (and am not really ready) I have been trying to get my daughter to finish up writing/learning/practicing her Pocahontas speech (which she does not want to do) while dealing with a VERY active 3 y/o.

In the middle of this my contractor who is adding on a new bedroom (thanks to my parents) above my kitchen calls yesterday and says they'll be down today to start. Mom and I had already spent all of Saturday trying to get ready to move my kitchen stuff out of my kitchen in preparation for the dusty mess that it was about to become. But we hadn't gotten beyond some basic things that needed to be done. So yesterday we worked all day to clean off the back porch and move all my kitchen things there...and cram them anywhere else I arguably have space.

Pregnancy does lousy things to a woman's body. All my joints are soft right now because of a certain hormone that prepares the body for childbirth. So two full days of cleaning and moving things meant that by last night (about 1:30 am) I was incredibly sore from midback to feet and my arms and shoulders were aching as well. This morning it took three tries to stand up but I had to because daughter needed to get out to school and I had to finish cleaning and draping the kitchen.

I was still finishing up when they got here and started ripping the roof off. By about 10 am they were ripping through the ceiling (I was JUST done in there) and here are a couple lovely pics of the result.

Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned! Day1No3OpenAirKitchenSmall

The builder in my lovely new open-air kitchen.

Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned! Day1No2bestviewSmall

The view from outside...currently this is covered by a big blue tarp...and it's supposed to go down to 36 degrees F tonight. Brrr! So I hung a blanket over the door and it's helping quite a bit. Still, it'll be nice when they actually get it closed up.

The rest of my day was spent running to Wal-Mart for things that I needed to contribute to my daughter's brunch tomorrow after her speech. Would you believe that Wal-Mart did not have coffee stirrers? Not in aisle with the paper cups and plastic spoons...and not in the aisle with the coffee and creamer. So logically...where the heck else were they? I bought spoons...by the time I had covered enough ground to look for them I was walking like an old lady, everything ached so bad again.

I am looking forward to not being pregnant anymore.

My kitchen is out of order.

I'm going to bed.
Back to top Go down
http://ginnyshoestrings.wordpress.com/
chad.sims2
Celestial Gamer
chad.sims2

Male Number of posts : 1030
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned!   Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 8:53 pm

HI Phox EEE. I wish you the best of luck with the birthing of a new minion. Very Happy I mean child. Razz
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned!   Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 11:49 pm

They are children, Chad. I'm pretty sure that on occasion, Foxee feels like she is the minion Wink

You just hang in there, Fox! To quote a great mind;

This too shall pass.

We're not going anywhere (well we are, but we will always return). You take all the time you need with the kitchen/baby/aching joints.
Back to top Go down
CDRW
Advanced Gamer
CDRW

Male Number of posts : 142
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned!   Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned! Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 11:33 am

Hey that's a cool kitchen. It has character. CG is definitly right with that quote. Make sure when you say it that you do it in a deep manly voice like Sean Connery would, it enhances the effect. Hang in there.
Back to top Go down
http://nameofcuriosity.blogspot.com
Teele
Admin
Teele

Male Number of posts : 2410
Prestige : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned!   Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned! Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 7:06 am

Hee hee. See, Fox? I am not the only one who believes that to every thing, there is a season. Smile

Hope everything continues to go well; and that everything falls nicely into place for everything that needs to get done. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://rpcentral.forumotion.net
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

PostSubject: Re: Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned!   Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned! Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:06 pm

Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned! Day5No1
Here's the latest pic. Actually, there is a window in that wall since I took this now and if the constant loud sounds from up there are any indication things are even more different yet.

I wish I could be here, you have no idea. I really miss the games and I miss playing alongside everyone. Sad

Unfortunately, the baby is due Monday and I'm fighting a cold...so my energy level is the pits. Still dealing with having not much of a kitchen and the humidity has gone way up (giving me tremendously swollen feet...fun, fun!) so it's about all I can do to scrape myself off the couch long enough to post up this picture.

Yet I have a zillion things I need to do so...*hugs everyone* please don't kill my characters off...I will come back. I hope sooner than I think.
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

PostSubject: Re: Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned!   Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned! Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:16 pm

*hugs Foxee*

Everything will be ok! Swollen feet or not, we still love you, and we want nothing but the best for you... or your characters. Don't worry, anyone who dares to touch one of your characters will have to deal with Erlend!

That might just be the most pathetic threath I used all week.

Hang in there!
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned!   Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned! Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:22 pm

-hugs!!-

lol! I'll back you up by saying that they'll have to deal with Teele as well! Very Happy Aaand...of course anyone who touches Juana will deal with Deuce and Joshua....anyone who touches V will have to deal with Jack...anyone who touches Lieva will have to deal with Jak.........

...and so on and so forth. Very Happy

Hope to see you back soon, Fox! We all miss you!
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Celestial Gamer
Blossom

Female Number of posts : 865
Prestige : 8

PostSubject: Re: Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned!   Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned! Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:25 pm

*Hugs*

Don't you worry, Fox. CG and Teele are quite right, and we will be waiting here for you when you're ready to come back!

Nothing is gonna happen to your characters and there's no way I'm starting Exodus II without Aeve. Lunan would never forgive me Very Happy

Good luck with everything!
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

PostSubject: Re: Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned!   Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned! Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 2:37 pm

*BIG HUGE HUGS*

Thank you, guys. I really appreciate it. I don't want to be forgot!
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

Male Number of posts : 1739
Prestige : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned!   Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned! Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 5:40 pm

Foxee wrote:
I don't want to be forgot!

*looks at Foxee askance*
Who are you again? I swear I've seen you somewhere before a long time ago.... too long. Wink
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

Male Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2009-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned!   Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 3:44 pm

So its been a week since your due date and sure everyone wants to know who won CG's poll on whether it's a boy or girl and what name you settled on haha :-p but seriously did everything go ok and have you got a home with a kitchen to return to.
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

PostSubject: Re: Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned!   Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 3:59 pm

You're right! I'm a week overdue and still pregnant. I was really hoping to have the baby while the hubster was home this past weekend but no dice. So he's on his way to Tampa, FL on his next load (about 1500 mi away I think) and the doc scheduled me to be induced if the baby doesn't show up by Thursday. I hate it...I don't want to be induced.

As for the construction I have a 'kinda functional' kitchen. The roof is done (yay for new shingles!) and the workmen are tromping through my house now to get in and out of the new room where they are working.

The new room didn't pass inspection because the contractor didn't read the notes from the building inspector Suspect which say that we need an 'egress window' of certain dimensions. When they showed me with the measuring tape how big the window is the thing will practically be a picture window...not really what you want in a bedroom at all. But the gov't is the gov't and you MUST MEET CODE! A fireman has to be able to get in the window complete with all his gear. I wondered if we shouldn't just put a patio door in and be done with it for Pete's sake.

So anyway...the bassinet is set up, my bags are packed, kids are at grandma's and no baby. You never know, though, things could change anytime!
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned!   Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 4:06 pm

*phew* Busy lady. I feel tired just reading that. Smile
So, you're just playing the waiting game now?
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

PostSubject: Re: Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned!   Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 4:21 pm

Ah not good hope it comes soon then. Don't worry at least he has an excuse my dad was in the pub when my sister was born a fact she still hasn't let him go for lol
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

PostSubject: Re: Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned!   Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 12:50 pm

Okay, folks, I'm heading to the hospital in a couple of hours so that they can prep me for being induced in the morning. I am not allowed to eat and it's driving me nuts.

However, we should have a bright shiny new baby to brag about tomorrow. I should be back in a couple of days.

Hang in there, folks! The gaming will continue after this important birth!
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned!   Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 1:07 pm

good luck Foxee, hope it doesn't go too badly.
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Celestial Gamer
Blossom

Female Number of posts : 865
Prestige : 8

PostSubject: Re: Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned!   Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 1:10 pm

Good luck Fox!!!!

We'll be waiting to here all about Kung Fu Baby! Very Happy

*hugs*
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned!   Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 1:41 pm

deathblade15 wrote:
good luck Foxee, hope it doesn't go too badly.

So you want it to go sorta kinda a little badly? Like "it's a healthy baby... with three eyes."

Anyway, I hope it goes really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, average. Maybe a little above average, but only a little. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

PostSubject: Re: Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned!   Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 1:57 pm

LOL...thank you...I think.

(Kung Fu baby has some RPC member butts to kick...)
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned!   Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 2:11 pm

-hugs!-

Thoughts and prayers are with you, my dear. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

PostSubject: Re: Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned!   Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 3:16 pm

I'm going to just give a conventional good luck and best wishes unlike some of the others lol
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

PostSubject: Re: Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned!   Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 3:27 pm

Be back save, Foxee. Save is better then soon.

Best wishes, and we'll see you when we see you.
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned!   Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 11:28 pm

Hey guys,

Just figured I'd let everyone know: Fox went in yesterday evening to get induced, and I just got word from her tonight that she's had the baby, whosever said "girl" in the poll wins Wink, and that both mom and baby are doing great. Very Happy

Only got a quick text message via cell from her, but I assumed she'd want me to provide that summary info to quell all the nervous questions floating about.

Congratulations, Fox! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned!   Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 11:35 pm

Damn, there goes my $20...

UHhhh, I mean, congratulations Foxee, glad its a girl *nervous chuckle*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned!   Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where the heck is Foxee? (possibly a rant) And kitchen progress...stay tuned!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next