Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SARPG General Chat and Ideas

Go down 
+11
Anir
CommonGoods
Deathblade
Blossom
Ungood
iMazed
Foxee
Jade DragonSpectre
chad.sims2
Darkthought
Teele
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Anir
Gamer
Anir

Female Number of posts : 94
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-05-30

SARPG General Chat and Ideas - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SARPG General Chat and Ideas   SARPG General Chat and Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 9:02 pm

and . . . i have no idea what anyone is talking about . . .
Back to top Go down
http://myfallenfeathers.blogspot.com
Honorius
Master Gamer
Honorius

Male Number of posts : 423
Prestige : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: SARPG General Chat and Ideas   SARPG General Chat and Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 9:04 pm

You guys seem to keep ignoring the part where I say. "Me and maybe the AGM and possibly someone else will be bad guys for the players to fight. After they die I will set up my stage at the end where everyone works together for my secret Angra Manyu plot." Do I really need to divulge my secret plot at the end? So that everyone doesn't have to die?

@Anir: We're talking about how to make an amazing battle royal rpg work. But no one listens.
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

Male Number of posts : 1739
Prestige : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: SARPG General Chat and Ideas   SARPG General Chat and Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 9:11 pm

I have no idea what Angra Manyu is. I've never read/seen/played the manga/anime/game/whatever this is based on. By my limited knowledge, even if we all work together and kill the big evil guy (you and whoever else chooses to play that part), we still don't get the grail. After the main villain is out of the way, don't we still have to narrow our numbers down to one for the grail to appear? Or does Angra Manyu (whatever that is) change everything?

This is what I meant when I said "is there some way for us all to live and still get the grail." Perhaps a better question would be, "is the grail actually the objective here?"
Back to top Go down
Anir
Gamer
Anir

Female Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2009-05-30

PostSubject: Re: SARPG General Chat and Ideas   SARPG General Chat and Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 9:31 pm

@ honorius:

oh, i get that, its just all this talk about lancers and archers and some people i've never heard of that's making me go "what?"
Back to top Go down
http://myfallenfeathers.blogspot.com
Honorius
Master Gamer
Honorius

PostSubject: Re: SARPG General Chat and Ideas   SARPG General Chat and Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 9:32 pm

I dont intend on telling anyone what angra manyu is until the time comes anyways (if you really really want to know just use google, may or may not help). But yes, the holy grail is the goal. Its just that the Angra Manyu causes a major plot twist which changes the reason for getting it and the requirements of attaining it, so yeah, it more or less changes everything.

Also, each time a servant gets beaten the grail shows up more. So by the time the baddies have died and we've taken out an inactive or two the Angra Manyu plot twist will show up. At which point there will be more baddies for ya'll to fight.

Anir, haha. Don't worry about it. All will be revealed in time young one.
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: SARPG General Chat and Ideas   SARPG General Chat and Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 5:09 am

No, google-ing it won't work, as you will end up with either the band (do not like their music personally) or the demon (which Angra Manyu is based on). I guess that by doing some wicked cross-searching you might be able to find it. But I think it will be more enjoyble if you are suprised.
Back to top Go down
Honorius
Master Gamer
Honorius

PostSubject: Re: SARPG General Chat and Ideas   SARPG General Chat and Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 6:00 am

Which is exactly my plan.
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Male Number of posts : 2410
Prestige : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: SARPG General Chat and Ideas   SARPG General Chat and Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 7:22 am

Aye, I'd also append to this that characters CAN be reusable. I have done so in many situations where one of my characters met an untimely death in one game; and I brought him back for another to try for a better run. If you develop a character you reall do care about and want to keep writing, you can always adapt into a different game.

And yes, I do agree that more discussion and more player input into character death should be required/necessary. The way I've seen player death handled was considerably more heavy-handed, arbitrary, and somewhat random. In some situations, yes, I believe the GM should be able to control death and injuries. They can be a way to discourage players from making invincible characters, create suspense, and support realism. If a character does something stupid, there should be realistic consequences for it.

But again, that in itself is NPC-esque in nature. Something more PvP like this, I agree, should be handled through discussion, compromise, and reasonability between players.
Back to top Go down
https://rpcentral.forumotion.net
Honorius
Master Gamer
Honorius

PostSubject: Re: SARPG General Chat and Ideas   SARPG General Chat and Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 9:31 am

Era of Darkness!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: SARPG General Chat and Ideas   SARPG General Chat and Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 9:38 am

subtle aren't we Honor?
Back to top Go down
Honorius
Master Gamer
Honorius

PostSubject: Re: SARPG General Chat and Ideas   SARPG General Chat and Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 3:11 pm

But of course (Flaming towers of flame excluded)
Back to top Go down
Honorius
Master Gamer
Honorius

PostSubject: Re: SARPG General Chat and Ideas   SARPG General Chat and Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 6:54 pm

Sorry for the double post and the impatience, but, when can we see EOD starting? I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really want to play it!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: SARPG General Chat and Ideas   SARPG General Chat and Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 7:00 pm

Just PM fantasy to reserve your spot, that's what I did, and Tim is back, but that just means that him and Ignius will be rivals again... we should do that scene when him and her first met. The whole pillar of fire thing in the tavern.
Back to top Go down
Honorius
Master Gamer
Honorius

PostSubject: Re: SARPG General Chat and Ideas   SARPG General Chat and Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 7:54 am

my idea exactly!
Back to top Go down
Shadow Dragon
Master Gamer
Shadow Dragon

Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: SARPG General Chat and Ideas   SARPG General Chat and Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 8:33 am

A little off topic, but Honorius that is an awesome avatar.
Back to top Go down
Honorius
Master Gamer
Honorius

PostSubject: Re: SARPG General Chat and Ideas   SARPG General Chat and Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 3:07 pm

thank you
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: SARPG General Chat and Ideas   SARPG General Chat and Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 3:29 pm

Code Geass is a pretty epic show, that's Lelouch right?
Back to top Go down
Shadow Dragon
Master Gamer
Shadow Dragon

PostSubject: Re: SARPG General Chat and Ideas   SARPG General Chat and Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 3:46 pm

deathblade15 wrote:
Code Geass is a pretty epic show, that's Lelouch right?

That's definetely Lelouch. He reminds me a lot of Light from Deathnote only minus the god complex. He's an amazing character.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: SARPG General Chat and Ideas   SARPG General Chat and Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 6:10 pm

yea, by day he's Lelouch Lamperouge, student at Ashford Academy, by night he's Zero, leader of the Black Knights.
Back to top Go down
chad.sims2
Celestial Gamer
chad.sims2

Male Number of posts : 1030
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: SARPG General Chat and Ideas   SARPG General Chat and Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:41 pm

"He reminds me a lot of Light from Deathnote only minus the god complex."

Ummm, can you have Light without a god complex???? That is pretty much the intire guy. I mean I like Deathnote but Light is not the most thought out char ever invented. I mean I like the guy (ya I might have a bit of an evil streak but some people's name would be in my book Bin Ladin for one) but he really is a simplistic char.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Dragon
Master Gamer
Shadow Dragon

PostSubject: Re: SARPG General Chat and Ideas   SARPG General Chat and Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:42 am

Ha, I meant in the way that Lelouch/Zero always seems to manage to out think his enemies and the way Lelouch/Zero sort of indirectly fought the Emperor of Brittainia and his older brother reminds me of how Light/Kira and L/Near/Mello kept trying to out manuover each other. All of that, and Lelouch was also willing to kill and destroy anything that got in his way, the same way Light was.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: SARPG General Chat and Ideas   SARPG General Chat and Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 6:28 am

I only saw episode 1 of Deathnote, so I couldn't really help with the comparison. However I'll trust your superb anime knowledge there SD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SARPG General Chat and Ideas   SARPG General Chat and Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SARPG General Chat and Ideas
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3