Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PWRPG General Chat and Discussion

Go down 
+10
Slayer
CommonGoods
Fluxhavok
A.Mouse
Foxee
no_more_skrbblz
iMazed
Deathblade
Gloom
Teele
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Teele
Admin
Teele

Male Number of posts : 2410
Prestige : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PWRPG General Chat and Discussion Empty
PostSubject: PWRPG General Chat and Discussion   PWRPG General Chat and Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 2:41 pm

Welcome to the general discussion thread for the Persistent World RPGs! Here, you can discuss ideas for new worlds and get input from other members. You can also use this thread to get advice from more seasoned gamers about how to play or GM. If you want help actually building a Persistent World, head on over to the Worldbuilding forum and set up a topic there.

Have fun, folks!
Back to top Go down
https://rpcentral.forumotion.net
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Female Number of posts : 1886
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: PWRPG General Chat and Discussion   PWRPG General Chat and Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 8:29 pm

Just wanted to know if anyone is interested in a more modern world. Consisting of vampires and the likes
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: PWRPG General Chat and Discussion   PWRPG General Chat and Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 8:56 pm

A friend of mine is doing something like that in a comic book. Witches, Vampires, Warlocks, and Mage Knights. The coolest part is that I'm the antagonist, the deadly shadowblade a powerful dark mage knight and #1 in his class, also head of Black Squad. Its really cool like, I can give you name ideas for certain locations.

Also The Community Village is coming together, I've written up history for the Galmorian Empire, a side race called the Council, and I'm almost done with the Daemons history.
Back to top Go down
iMazed
Super Gamer
iMazed

Female Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: PWRPG General Chat and Discussion   PWRPG General Chat and Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 2:34 am

I'd like it, but I need to see how my other games will work out first. I shouldn't get myself too busy or I'll never write!
Back to top Go down
http://www.booksie.com/imazed
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

Male Number of posts : 771
Prestige : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: PWRPG General Chat and Discussion   PWRPG General Chat and Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:59 pm

vampires are great... please don't mix them like it's Van Helsing, tho...
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: PWRPG General Chat and Discussion   PWRPG General Chat and Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:54 pm

Personally, I'd prefer a modern world sans vampires. Guns and gangs and secret agents and corrupt businessmen. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

Female Number of posts : 1514
Prestige : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: PWRPG General Chat and Discussion   PWRPG General Chat and Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 10:14 pm

What Teele said! And maybe some kind of doomsday gizmo...
Back to top Go down
http://ginnyshoestrings.wordpress.com/
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

Male Number of posts : 1739
Prestige : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: PWRPG General Chat and Discussion   PWRPG General Chat and Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 10:34 pm

This isn't exactly a game idea, per se, but I'd like to see some sort of "Current and Upcoming Quests" thread for the persistent worlds, so we know what's coming, who's GM'ing, and perhaps a little teaser about the content.

And I agree we need a modern persistent RPG. I've played enough badasses with swords. It's time for a badass with a gun... and a car. Mad Max? Postapocalyptic RPG? Cyberpunk? Steampunk? Cops and Robbers? Superheroes? Sci-Fi space stuff? I dunno. Just throwin' ideas out there.
Back to top Go down
Fluxhavok
Super Gamer
Fluxhavok

Male Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: PWRPG General Chat and Discussion   PWRPG General Chat and Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 11:09 pm

1.Space Opera (Xenosaga style)...

2.Space western (outlaw star style)...

3. Maybe even a Samurai/Ninja western with Samurai Champloo/Ninja Scroll influences...

now who wants to hear a good story about a bridge? - Buzz Killington, Family Guy
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: PWRPG General Chat and Discussion   PWRPG General Chat and Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 4:53 am

I'd go with modern fantasy, have a gun and a sword all in one, while still having amazing technology like airships for one.
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: PWRPG General Chat and Discussion   PWRPG General Chat and Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 6:50 am

What might be a good idea is to run a few SARPGs with different environments and settings, and then figure out what's hot and what's not from there. If, say, cyberpunk is a massive epic hit, then maybe we could consider a cyberpunk PW.

Either way, I agree that we need some kind of science fiction or modern PW, so anyone willing to step up and put the work into building a good solid one will probably have an easy time of getting it approved. Wink

As to the quest thread in the PWRPGs, excellent idea, Mouse! I did that on the Site From Which I Came for the PW there, and it slipped me mind to do it here. Thankee!
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

PostSubject: Re: PWRPG General Chat and Discussion   PWRPG General Chat and Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 7:30 am

Fluxhavoc wrote:
2.Space western (outlaw star style)...

I'm so stoked on this. I feel the urge to drive/fly something, like a space fighter or whatever. And the tavern could be a space station or a dusty old tavern (sort of like the Mos Eisley tavern in Star Wars) where ship captains, mercs, smugglers, bounty hunters, and space pirates come to gather. Throw in a galactic war scenario, a few battle cruisers roaming the cosmos, hostile planets, and some alien encounters and this could get really badass really fast. I see so much potential awesomeness with this idea.

Now whose gonna GM it?
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: PWRPG General Chat and Discussion   PWRPG General Chat and Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 7:36 am

I quite agree, Mouse! Such a thing would a venture of epic awesomeness, and I'd totally be in on it if such a thing came about!

Heck, I'd even GM it myself, if I had just a little more omnipotence on my side. Very Happy As it stands, though, I got my hands full with Ardus and school atm. Things should be calming down for me in the next couple weeks, though I still think it'll be a bit much for me to start yet another PW.

So...I repeat the question: Who's GMing? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fluxhavok
Super Gamer
Fluxhavok

PostSubject: Re: PWRPG General Chat and Discussion   PWRPG General Chat and Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:00 am

*sigh* i'll do it. gimme a week.
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

PostSubject: Re: PWRPG General Chat and Discussion   PWRPG General Chat and Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:37 am

Fluxhavoc wrote:
*sigh* i'll do it. gimme a week.

I have plenty of ideas and such if you need help. I just didn't want to be the primary GM, responsible for it on a day-to-day basis. I shy away from long-term commitment. Sad, I know. But PM me if you need some help getting it up and running. I'm more than willing to write background info, toss around ideas, and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Fluxhavok
Super Gamer
Fluxhavok

PostSubject: Re: PWRPG General Chat and Discussion   PWRPG General Chat and Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:55 am

do you have yahoo messenger?
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

PostSubject: Re: PWRPG General Chat and Discussion   PWRPG General Chat and Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:24 am

No. How would I go about getting it?
Back to top Go down
iMazed
Super Gamer
iMazed

Female Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: PWRPG General Chat and Discussion   PWRPG General Chat and Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:26 am

Awww I seriously like that idea guys! Not too Star Warsy please, but the whole tavern idea appealed to me immidiatly. Let us know?
Back to top Go down
http://www.booksie.com/imazed
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384
Prestige : 3

PostSubject: Re: PWRPG General Chat and Discussion   PWRPG General Chat and Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:32 am

Run, Mouse! Don't let the crazy Yahoo-ers get to you!
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

PostSubject: Re: PWRPG General Chat and Discussion   PWRPG General Chat and Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:45 am

Too late, man. I just finished downloading it. I'm plugged into the Matrix now. Save yourself.
And I PM'd my Yahoo! ID to you Flux, though I still have no idea how to use this thing.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: PWRPG General Chat and Discussion   PWRPG General Chat and Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:28 pm

okay guys, I just want to give a suggestion. If we're doing a space outlaw western sort of thing, there has to be Military/police force, trying to stop them. If we do something like that, I totally call being on the government's side.
Back to top Go down
Slayer
Super Gamer
Slayer

Male Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: PWRPG General Chat and Discussion   PWRPG General Chat and Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 7:19 am

Or else its wild west territory. The big organisations duking it out for the main space and resources and the smaller groups just trying to survive.

Personally, I'd go for a Fallout or even Bioshock style modern world.
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

Male Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2009-02-27

PostSubject: Re: PWRPG General Chat and Discussion   PWRPG General Chat and Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 5:31 pm

So did Armidia get closed down?
Avarus sounds good, looking forward to a chance of a bit of first person writing had a go at doing a bit of it in my novel lately, quite enjoyable not sure how sustainable I can get it this would be some good practice. Is it open for profiles going up or we waiting for more information and construction to go on.

Final point space one sounds interesting however I think it would need bit of sanctioning to make sure it doesn't get to out of hand with some mad god modding also have to bear in mind while the member base is expanding 30 members 2 persistent worlds and stand alone RP's keeps people pretty busy as it is don't get to ahead of yourself by thinking up new worlds when others aren't firmly established ;-)
Back to top Go down
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

Male Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: PWRPG General Chat and Discussion   PWRPG General Chat and Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 5:36 pm

Mike Nemesis wrote:
So did Armidia get closed down?
Avarus sounds good, looking forward to a chance of a bit of first person writing had a go at doing a bit of it in my novel lately, quite enjoyable not sure how sustainable I can get it this would be some good practice. Is it open for profiles going up or we waiting for more information and construction to go on.

In a couple days, perhaps. I want to get some places of interest and notable people down first, just so people can get a better feel of who they want their character to be and what they want to accomplish.
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

Male Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2009-02-27

PostSubject: Re: PWRPG General Chat and Discussion   PWRPG General Chat and Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 5:37 pm

Sounds good means you can have something to work with in the character profiles as well. Look forward to it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PWRPG General Chat and Discussion   PWRPG General Chat and Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next