Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mad World

Go down 
+7
no_more_skrbblz
Shadow Dragon
Fluxhavok
Blossom
CommonGoods
FlakeandFins
Teele
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Mad World - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World   Mad World - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 10:15 am

The man in black jumped aboard the transport, "Sir," Garrett lowered his head to give a salute because he couldn't move his shoulder much.

"So yeah, any one of you know how to remove a bullet?"
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Female Number of posts : 1886
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Mad World   Mad World - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 8:28 pm

Sade should have been outside shooting, but she didn’t really care for it. Slow movers, a little hard to put down, but once you’d done it once or twice it really wasn’t that interesting.

A woman spoke with her briefly, Sade listened to her. She seemed unconcerned with the scientist who had walked away so freely. Sade rested back in her chair, it didn’t matter then…

"Well, I might of. However, he has a gun, and thanks to that ape, I don't. So mind telling me how I was supposed to actually stop him?" Foma said.

Sade rolled her eyes and looked at her fingernails. The black polish was chipped she’d have to fix that sometime…

“Foma, if you keep referring to the people protecting you as apes. None of us will give a rats ass when you come under fire. You‘ll die out here, all by yourself. No one will bother to bury you because you were such an ass and then whatever’s out here will pick your bones clean. Not a pretty image, considering.”

Sade watched Sue with lazy eyes, he was hardly what she expected in a leader. Weren’t most military people about morale and boasting team work? This guy didn’t give a royal sh**, Sade kind of liked that.

"So yeah, any one of you know how to remove a bullet?" Garret said for the second time.

Sade shrugged. She knew how to patch herself up. It had to do with her days in Australia when Donnybrook went down. She’d found old hospital manuals and at first even helped out in the hospital before it got to bad. She wasn’t the type that liked to touch the flesh of others. It made her skin crawl. Closeness was an intimidating thing to her. She had only one to worry about and that was her.

“Ask Foma, some guy patched his ass up before, he could probably help you to…”
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Mad World   Mad World - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 9:34 pm

“Ask Foma, some guy patched his ass up before, he could probably help you to…”

"Not sure that's a good thing," he wasn't too fond of having some guy who touched another guy's ass touch his shoulder, than again, nobodies perfect, after giving brief thought he looked over to the scientist,

"so who's the guy that helped you out?"
Back to top Go down
Shadow Dragon
Master Gamer
Shadow Dragon

Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Mad World   Mad World - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 12:34 am

"It was Chris," Chaos said to the soldier before turning his attention to the merc. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but there has only been one person during this trip that I've referred to as an ape. I have no issues with the rest of the soldiers and the mercs around, only Sue; who does pretty much act like a shaved ape."

Chaos leaned back in his seat and yawned. "Oh and soon enough you should have a nice battle." He slowly opened his eyes and grinned at her. "Black Tide should be coming soon enough and will have info on us courtesy of the alcoholic."
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

PostSubject: Re: Mad World   Mad World - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 3:33 am

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but there has only been one person during this trip that I've referred to as an ape. I have no issues with the rest of the soldiers and the mercs around, only Sue; who does pretty much act like a shaved ape."

Sade grinned at Foma he was quickly becoming her favourite target for taunts. He always had an answer. She would find that amusing…

“That ape is quickly becoming my hero…If he‘s an ape so am I, because if it were me I‘d of …” she let her sentence tail of to give him visions of what she might do.

Chaos leaned back in his seat and yawned. "Oh and soon enough you should have a nice battle." He slowly opened his eyes and grinned at her. "Black Tide should be coming soon enough and will have info on us courtesy of the alcoholic."

She studied Foma he really didn’t think that much of her, she could tell by his behaviour.

“What do I care about tide? Simple really, aim, fire trigger, repeat procedure, dodge here and there. They don‘t have two brain cells to rub together seriously…Info or not, no real competition. I‘d get more entertainment watching my grandma scrub her undies…”
Back to top Go down
Shadow Dragon
Master Gamer
Shadow Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Mad World   Mad World - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 5:21 pm

"You'd what, Miss I like being Alpha? You wouldn't do a thing to me." He gave her a little wink. "Ha, but don't get me wrong. It wouldn't be due to some sense of honor or justice. It all comes down to two simple reasons. A: I'm sure there's less money in it for you if some of the scientists were 'accidently' killed. And B: You seem to enjoy conversing with me moreso than you do the others. Hell, with you around, I'm likely one of the safest people here. Besides... you have far too nice of a body to be an ape."

Turning away from her, he lay across the bench like seat. Thankfully the others seemed to be giving him a wide berth. Probably afraid of getting caught in any more trouble that could come his way. Whilest yawning and wriggling a little to find a comfortable spot, he added one more comment. "As for your comments about Black Tide... just remember, graveyards are full of people that thought the same thing." Unlike his early taunting, there was no hint of his usually sarcasm. It came out in a matter of fact fashion.
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

PostSubject: Re: Mad World   Mad World - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 7:12 am

"You'd what, Miss I like being Alpha? You wouldn't do a thing to me." He gave her a little wink and she shuddered. Sade felt the pleasantries would soon come to an end, but if he insisted…

“You wanna bet, I‘d kill my own mother if I could make a profit from it, what makes you think you mean s*** to me?”

"Ha, but don't get me wrong. It wouldn't be due to some sense of honour or justice. It all comes down to two simple reasons. A: I'm sure there's less money in it for you if some of the scientists were 'accidentally' killed. And B: You seem to enjoy conversing with me moreso than you do the others. Hell, with you around, I'm likely one of the safest people here. Besides... you have far too nice of a body to be an ape."

If he p***** her off enough the loss of money for his ‘accidental’ death would be worth it. No, she didn’t really care if she conversed with him or not, it was something to do. Everyone else seemed clever enough to stay away from her. Yet he was cutting boundaries with ludicrous comments on her body.

“I‘m no ones pile of meat,” she hissed, shoving him back in his seat. Her eyes became wild and she fought to control her temper.

"As for your comments about Black Tide... just remember, graveyards are full of people that thought the same thing."

She laughed at him, if that were true she’d outlived the expectations for her span of life. She shrugged and looked away from him her eyes cold and adamant. No idiot riled her up and got away with it. She sunk into her mind finding imaginary and gruesome ways of dealing with the pretty boy and soon she was grinning like a savage.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Mad World   Mad World - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 8:19 am

Garrett listened to the conversation between the two and when Sade began to do a terrible grin he thought it best to be off, after all, didn't want the wound to get infected. He approached the turret where the seargeant was.

"Hey sarge, mind getting off that for a moment and help me with a bullet wound?"
Back to top Go down
Fluxhavok
Super Gamer
Fluxhavok

Male Number of posts : 324
Prestige : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Mad World   Mad World - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 5:17 pm

"Hey sarge, mind getting off that for a moment and help me with a bullet wound?"

Chris flipped on the turret's safety and returned it to it's locked position. The vehicle had cleared plenty of ground and seemed to have no trouble crushing any infected that stood in it's way, so they were safe for now, Chris supposed. He climbed down out of the hatch and grabbed his pack.

"Have a seat," Chris told him. "This is going to hurt." he warned before starting the patch job.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Mad World   Mad World - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:58 pm

Chris came down from the turret and pulled out a med pack,

"Have a seat," Chris told him. "This is going to hurt."

Garrett twinged a bit when he started to work, "its alright, I'm accustomed to pain, most officers are."

He looked around at the others, some were chatting, others remained silent, overall it was boring, then he looked up at the seargeant.

"so sarge, how the hell do you get assigned to a place like this?"
Back to top Go down
Shadow Dragon
Master Gamer
Shadow Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Mad World   Mad World - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 7:00 pm

He grinned at her as she hissed. "Of course not. You're far too strong willed to anyone's plaything." He slid back into the comfortable spot he found before being shoved. "You may be a tad on the... anti-social side, but you aren't weak. Besides, I can't blame you for not likeing most people."
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

PostSubject: Re: Mad World   Mad World - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 8:45 pm

"Of course not. You're far too strong willed to anyone's plaything." He slid back into the comfortable spot he found before being shoved. "You may be a tad on the... anti-social side, but you aren't weak. Besides, I can't blame you for not liking most people."

“Too right I am,” she snapped at him. She glowered at him her anger still building. She wished right then that Sue would step into the truck and shoot him in the other butt cheek. He was wise enough to say a few things that calmed her slightly. Still she couldn’t wait for him to shut up.

“People like you make me antisocial Foma, it‘s not a weakness. Why would I try and make friends and alliances. In this world there truly isn‘t any room for it. Survival is the key factor to life not friends…”
Back to top Go down
Shadow Dragon
Master Gamer
Shadow Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Mad World   Mad World - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 9:14 pm

He looked up at her as she loomed over him. "And what do you gain from just surviving? Congratulations, you'll make it through another day, and then start the whole thing over again. Just existing isn't good enough. Survival is pointless unless you have a real reason to live. You're better than that. Like I said, you're strong and if you put your mind towards something, you could probably accomplish great things."

Her eyes were lit up with intensity. A strong mind is beautiful, and with any luck she won't waste hers, thought Chaos.
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

PostSubject: Re: Mad World   Mad World - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 9:28 pm

"And what do you gain from just surviving? Congratulations, you'll make it through another day, and then start the whole thing over again. Just existing isn't good enough. Survival is pointless unless you have a real reason to live. You're better than that. Like I said, you're strong and if you put your mind towards something, you could probably accomplish great things."

“But I do, each tide I take down makes one less and the future safer for others. Existing is making a difference. Unlike you lot of sentimental, who make more children in a time where the human race can‘t afford any more people and any less resources. Why would I want to be a part of that stupidity? I‘ve dedicated my self to eradication and I will follow through with it. As I said before no time for friends.”
Back to top Go down
Shadow Dragon
Master Gamer
Shadow Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Mad World   Mad World - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 9:49 pm

"And that's is very admirable. Humanity has always needed people like you. Warriors who defend people. However, what's the point of making the future safer if there isn't anyone you want to share that future with? Some day, like all other warriors you'll have to hang up your weapon and let the next generation take over the fighting. Then what?"
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

Male Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Mad World   Mad World - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 9:50 pm

Lonny listened in to some conversations. One was the woman who didn't seem to like anyone. She was easily the most interesting person on the mission. He always tried to sit near her to catch what would come from her mouth next. She never failed to entertain the young man.

The Russian made him snort once or twice. Now he seemed to be trying to get into the lady's good graces. Lonny didn't have such a positive prediction about the progress Foma would make in regards to that, but Lonny silently wished him luck.

The cool ass sergeant from Kansas who Lonny thought would have gotten to be second was patching up the war hero. This guy was a one man Comedy Def Jam. He accomplished a few kills on his own behalf, but his technique begged for improvement.

These folks along with the Bible thumper, and the antisocial Sue made up his team. All these personalities and damn if it wasn't hard for them to get it together long enough to avoid the fate that team one faced. Here's hoping.
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

PostSubject: Re: Mad World   Mad World - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 9:55 pm

"And that's is very admirable. Humanity has always needed people like you. Warriors who defend people. However, what's the point of making the future safer if there isn't anyone you want to share that future with? Some day, like all other warriors you'll have to hang up your weapon and let the next generation take over the fighting. Then what?"

“Damn it Foma, shut your yap…” Sade stood up and moved to where Garrick was being patched up. She’d rather here him beg for mercy then have so ass try and brash her verbally with his life philosophy.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Mad World   Mad World - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 9:59 pm

Garrett turned his head in time to see that merc Sade yell at the guy who got shot in the ass, then she came over to them. Then he twitched in pain again when the seargeant pulled the bullet out.

"Damn, best patch job I've had, the other guys are half as good as you, and they normally fumble with their ****," he grunted when he administered the insulin.
Back to top Go down
Fluxhavok
Super Gamer
Fluxhavok

Male Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Mad World   Mad World - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 9:28 am

"so sarge, how the hell do you get assigned to a place like this?"

"Much the same way as the other personnel, I suppose." Chris said as he finished up. "Ive got experience fighting both infected monsters, and the regular human ones. And it seems I was also selected for my limited medical expertise." he said smiling.

"Damn, best patch job I've had, the other guys are half as good as you, and they normally fumble with their ****,"

"Thanks, try not to make any wild movements or you'll tear your stitches, and make sure to keep the site clean. You'll have to share the pain meds I gave to Foma earlier as they're the only one's i have besides the morphine shots. Which reminds me." Chris turned to face the russian scientist as the beautiful, but solitary mercenary came and sat next to where he'd been working on Garret. "How are you doing Dr Foma? do your bandages need to be changed?"
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Mad World   Mad World - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 9:31 am

"Thanks, try not to make any wild movements or you'll tear your stitches, and make sure to keep the site clean. You'll have to share the pain meds I gave to Foma earlier as they're the only one's i have besides the morphine shots. Which reminds me."

"Heh, don't worry 'bout me, I can live with the pain," he rotated his shoulder, "tells me I'm still alive."

Chris had left him to go talk to the idiot doc, and when Sade came and sat down, Garrett grinned a bit,

"Had enough of your doctor friend?"
Back to top Go down
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

Male Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Mad World   Mad World - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:49 pm

The Russian was laughing for some reason. "Well, I might of. However, he has a gun, and thanks to that ape, I don't. So mind telling me how I was supposed to actually stop him?"

"Maybe try talking to him," Enrique responded. "Opening your big mouth seems to be the only thing you're good at."

Enrique turned to Sue. "Like she said, Dr. Williams is missing." He heard Foma talk some more, but just ignored him.

Sue nodded. "Well we've got a long trip ahead of his," he said calmly. "Everyone out and armed..." he stopped and looked at the captain. "Give the Russian a crowbar," he told him, "not his gun, it's clear he hasn't learned his lesson about not being such a smartass."

He hopped off the Caiman. "Major, Eagle One, here," he said into his radio. "Going to find the scientist."

~

"She never mentioned the Black Tide. I never suspected her to be involved in anything like this. But then again I never thought I would be and looks like I'm about to be doesn't it. Strange how life works out isn't it. Sure she discussed the future. The possibilities. But she never spelt out any allegiances and I only ever heard it in the comfort of our quarters. Hell the way Myers treated us wouldn't surprise me if the rooms were bugged but still that shouldn't of exposed her, no more than it would risk me and god knows Myers was itching for an excuse to beat me."

The woman nodded slowly. "Well, that will be one thing we ask of you," she said to him. "Discover who outed her, and make them pay." Her voice was cold upon those last words, clearly angered by what happened.

She stood and whispered to someone in the darkness and turned back to Trevor. "Any other questions that you think I can answer? Before we tell you why you are here with us?"
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

Male Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2009-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Mad World   Mad World - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 4:09 am

He'd never killed someone before. First time he'd ever fired a gun at something was that brute. Murder. An awfully big request. He'd certainly thrown himself into something bigger than himself here.

"I'll see to it. They have it coming." He noted the emotion in the womans voice as she said it. So far her emotions had betrayed little. She spoke to someone in the darkness and he suddenly wondered if they were alone like he had thought in the dimly lit room.

"Did you know her? What was she to you? Other than that I guess we can move on to what you want from me."

Who would have thought when he flew out to help create a cure a few drunken kisses and conversations would see him here. According to the way the media portrayed it he was betraying his country and from the looks of it he was setting out on the path to become a murderer. Quite a transistion from a university lecturer. Quite a transistion indeed. Could he actually pull it off?
Back to top Go down
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

PostSubject: Re: Mad World   Mad World - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:36 am

"Did you know her? What was she to you? Other than that I guess we can move on to what you want from me."

The woman sighed and looked down. Her head turned to the darkness that surrounded them and she waved her hand. Footsteps could be heard, lots of them. Then a door opening and finally shutting. She removed her hood. In the light she almost looked like Suzanne.

"She was my sister," she said quietly. "I'm the one who got her involved after Samuel visited me in my sleep. He says revenge isn't the answer, and that the scientists are too important to kill, but I just can't let her death go unpunished."
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

Male Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2009-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Mad World   Mad World - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 8:54 am

Trev gasped slightly as she pulled back the hood as he took in the woman in front of him. Their hair was in a different style but the facial features. They looked so alike. He could feel his emotions stirring as he stared at her. Remembering all the times he'd stared into her eyes deep in conversation, he loved her eyes, so beutiful but now. Now he just kept seeing them lifeless with the bullet hole that punctured her skull just above.

He wondered what had happened to her body. He supposed it had been spared from the brutes cage after it escaped. At least that gave her some final decency although if the body will still there left to rot that wasn't much better.

"I won't let it. I'll help you. I'll help black tide. Just tell me what I can do?" He found himself staring at her even more now the lights were on and he had a chance to see her appearance. The shock of it had stopped him from even proccessing the fact he'd heard so many footsteps when the room was obviously vacated. He didn't speculate why they had been there or why they had been asked to leave. But there was one thing that occured to him.

"Wait. One more question actually. Well two I suppose. How did you find me and if you knew i was there does that mean you had any involvement in the brute escaping at the compound before we left? Or the vehicle problems? Was that the last thing Suzanne set up?"
Back to top Go down
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

PostSubject: Re: Mad World   Mad World - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 9:45 am

"Wait. One more question actually. Well two I suppose. How did you find me and if you knew i was there does that mean you had any involvement in the brute escaping at the compound before we left? Or the vehicle problems? Was that the last thing Suzanne set up?"

The woman managed a laugh of delight. "Oh, Trevor," she said looking down again. "Samuel contacted you via your dreams, and you are wondering how it is we came to you?" She smiled at him. "And I'm not aware that a brute escaped from the base, or what it is my sister had planned for getting..."

She trailed off and looked at him. "...the cure. That is where you come in. She was supposed to have it before you all left, and was supposed to walk off at the first stop, like you did. We need you to get the cure, by any means necessary."

She stood up and put her hood back on. "Samuel has informed us that the cure resides in a secure safe in the vehicle. He has also foreseen that the man in black," she said the last part with spite and stopped. "That the man in black will hand his keycard over to the one named Abel."

"When the card leaves the man's hands, it will no longer be safe," she said and knelt down by Trevor. "All you have to do is retrieve the card, get the cure and walk into the darkness once more."

She stood again. "We'd try for an attack, but we can't risk you or any of the other scientists on your team dying..." she trailed off and turned around. "No matter what they did..."

She looked back at him. "Will you do this for us, Trevor?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mad World   Mad World - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mad World
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next