Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

World of Azzariah

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-07

World of Azzariah Empty
PostSubject: World of Azzariah   World of Azzariah Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 9:15 pm

I need some help with my world, I'm trying to figure out some way for the days. So far what I do have is that the seasons are represented by the 5 moons that orbit Azzariah. The moons are Bloodmoon, Kinsmoon, Sagemoon, Harvestmoon, Greatmoon. Now I need to figure out the days without using the 365 days a year for earth.

The second thing I need is cities and locations of the 6 continents. Thera, Akadia, Rhombar, Kayja, Heon, and Ziphus. The Imperial capital is located on Akadia, the great hellgate is located on Kayja, and the rebel base is located on Ziphus.
Back to top Go down
iMazed
Super Gamer
iMazed

Female Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2009-01-29

World of Azzariah Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Azzariah   World of Azzariah Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 2:23 am

What is it exactly that you need help with? I have some time on my hands (not too much, but enough to help you out a little) so you can PM me with any questions you have Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.booksie.com/imazed
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-24

World of Azzariah Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Azzariah   World of Azzariah Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 5:02 am

I actualy had a world a long time ago which had four moons, and the date was based on that... Let me try to rephrase it into five moons.

You'll have to work with time periods of twenty-one days. The period is named after the moon that is visible on each day. For example, when Bloodmoon is fading and Kinsmoon is comming up, those 21 days would be called "Blood-Kins". When Bloodmoon has settled, and Kinsmoon is halfway, it would be called "First Half Kins". When Kinsmoon is full, we would call that "Full Kins". When Kins is going down, we would call it "Second Half Kins", and eventualy, when Kinsmoon is fading and Sagemoon is comming up, would call those 21 days "Kins-Sage".

This only works, offcourse, if the moons follow each other. Hope this is clear, the concept was done in Dutch and I'm terrible at translating ideas.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

World of Azzariah Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Azzariah   World of Azzariah Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 5:44 am

ooh I like that, maybe it should just be the 4 moons then, did that work better for you?
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-24

World of Azzariah Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Azzariah   World of Azzariah Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 5:50 am

Well, it does make things easier, because you can settle with the four basic seasons.

Also, what I forgot to point out is that the 365 days aren't as settled as people make you believe; the 365 days are based on how long it takes the earth to complete it's circle around the sun. If the sun were less intense, the earth, in theory, could be closer to the sun, and completing a circle would take less days.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

World of Azzariah Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Azzariah   World of Azzariah Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 10:30 am

Yeah, but people would be much older than they appear to be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

World of Azzariah Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Azzariah   World of Azzariah Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World of Azzariah
Page 1 of 1