Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ardus Archive #2

Go down 
+13
FlakeandFins
Hollow
Slayer
Addicted2aa
no_more_skrbblz
chad.sims2
CommonGoods
Fayte
Deathblade
A.Mouse
Gloom
Foxee
Teele
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Teele
Admin
Teele

Male Number of posts : 2410
Prestige : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Ardus Archive #2 Empty
PostSubject: Ardus Archive #2   Ardus Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 1:04 pm

Ardus Archive #2 ArdusFinishedMat

"Beyond the horizon...

Of the place we lived when we were young...

In a world of magnets and miracles...

Our thoughts strayed constantly and without boundary...

The ringing of the division bell had begun...

Along the long road and on down the causeway...

Do they still meet there by the cut?

There was a ragged band that followed in our footsteps...

Running before time took our dreams away...

Leaving the myriad small creatures trying to tie us to the ground...

To a life consumed by slow decay...

Looking beyond the embers of bridges glowing behind us...

To a glimpse of how green it was on the other side...

Steps taken forwards but sleepwalking back again...

Dragged by the force of some inner tide...

At a higher altitude with flag unfurled...

We reached the dizzy heights of that dreamed of world...

Encumbered forever by desire and ambition...

There's a hunger still unsatisfied...

Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...

Though down this road we've been so many times...

The grass was greener...

The light was brighter...

The taste was sweeter...

The nights of wonder...

With friends surrounded...

The dawn mist glowing...

The water flowing...

The endless river...

Forever and ever..."

Pink Floyd, "High Hopes"

Reede ducked beneath a thrust and came up slicing off a wrog's canine head, then turning to lock blades with a mercenary clad in patchy armor. A brief dance ensued, and Reede took a long slash to his arm before coming up, plunging his blade into the man's stomach. Flicking out his knife, he shoved the man back and stabbed it into his throat as he wrenched his blade free with a feral growl.

He could see them now, and he charged toward them, engaging as few enemies as possible. He came to their sides, stabbing up into another mercenary's back.

"Hey Teele," He said, swinging his blade around to meet another wrog spear. "Hell of a party, huh?"

"Uh huh." Teele shifted, and Reede realized that he and Merri were gripping the same spear, their hands touching as they danced together, weilding the polearm as if they were dance partners instead of warriors. Reede cocked an eyebrow.

"We gotta get to the spire." Teele said. Reede slid his blade into a wrog throat.

"Might be easier if you two didn't have to be touching all the time..."

"No choice." Teele said, shifting with Merri as they stabbed into another enemy.

"Teele, I admire your dedication, but..."

"Reede!" Teele shot him an irate look. "Our souls are bonded through Spectra. The demigod is disrupting the Spectra."

"Ooooh..." Reede replied, finally understanding. "Right. To the spire, then!"

Last edited by Teele on Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://rpcentral.forumotion.net
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

Female Number of posts : 1514
Prestige : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Ardus Archive #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ardus Archive #2   Ardus Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 1:31 pm

"Considering," said Merri, realizing with some irritation that she was panting a bit from having to concentrate so hard, "that your wife went that way, we should probably hurry."
Back to top Go down
http://ginnyshoestrings.wordpress.com/
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Female Number of posts : 1886
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Ardus Archive #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ardus Archive #2   Ardus Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 6:18 pm

Van had collapsed, the reality of the fight sunk back in for Nadala and she lunged forwards as a mercenary tried to take advantage of Van’s situation. She had no weapons, the stupidity of her action made her numb with fear. She covered Van with her own body, her heart hammering wildly in her chest. Nothing happened…
She looked up, as one of Victos’ men yanked the sword from the merc’s chest. Nadala scrambled back from Van.

“Get up,” she shouted at him. “Come on Van, are you that weak? Get up Van lets finish the Vargergiest. If you keep laying there like that I‘ll leave you there.”
Nadala looked around wildly. No one was getting anywhere. Mercs and soldiers lay dead, would they get in?
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

Male Number of posts : 1739
Prestige : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Ardus Archive #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ardus Archive #2   Ardus Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 6:46 pm

Quote :
"I honestly wonder if sometimes, your a mind reader," Sara said to Arwyn. "You'd think this thing..." she panted, "would bother someone else."

"I'm sure it is," Arwyn said. "I'm sure it is." Did she really think the Vargergiest was solely focused on her? Ha! The Vargergiest was no ordinary demon; it could easly speak to a dozen or more minds simultaneously. It could whisper its message to an entire army if it wanted.

"You are not alone," Arwyn said for added reassurance. "Others are facing the same difficulties... but I'm afraid some aren't faring as well." The battle had gone on long enough. How much longer could they hold out? Could this battle be won? She began to wonder if her assistance was needed. Would it be wise to risk being consumed by the Nandoki?

Quote :
“Get up,” Nadala shouted at him. “Come on Van, are you that weak? Get up Van lets finish the Vargergiest. If you keep laying there like that I‘ll leave you there.”

Her voice seemed to come from far away, like an angel forcing him away from the light of death. It felt as though the words were echoing off the walls of a distant canyon. his mind slowly drifted back to reality. He could hear the muffled sounds of swords clashing and armored feet scuffling in the dust all around him.

His eyes slowly opened and his lungs drew in a deep breath of dirt-filled air. Groaning like a tired old man, Van slowly got to his feet, like a boxer rising from a near KO. He glared at Nadala with that same fire in his eyes despite being a few heartbeats away from death. At this rate, he'd bleed out in a few minutes, but he at least wanted to die on his feet. You stab me in the back a dozen times, then call me weak when I don't leap up like a spring chicken? he thought.

"Dumb b**ch," he muttered, then in a louder voice added, "Where's that d**n demon? I'm not through with him yet." Oddly enough, he didn't hear the Nandoki's voice taunting him anymore. Had enough? he thought. Of course not. The beast yet lived.

Last edited by AnonyMouse on Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:54 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Ardus Archive #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ardus Archive #2   Ardus Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 6:50 pm

"You are not alone," Arwyn said for added reassurance. "Others are facing the same difficulties... but I'm afraid some aren't faring as well."

"I can sense, that you're worried, if I had to guess, probably Van," she breathed raggidly, "you go on over there, help them out, I'll be fine here, just help me... to a tree, I'm tired of laying in the dirt."
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Ardus Archive #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ardus Archive #2   Ardus Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 6:58 pm

"Dumb b**ch," he muttered. "And where's that d**n demon? I'm not through with him yet."

She was tempted to punch him, at least he was up now. She could always taunt him later, for revenge.

“Nadala,” Victos shouted. Nadala’s head snapped towards him. “We‘ve pushed forwards enough for you to get in. The Nandoki feeds from Spectra while his doing so he‘s strong. If you can find a way to cut the tendrils that connects him to the spectra you‘ll have a better chance at killing him.”

Nadala nodded, Victos was no magic user, so the Nandoki would not have read into his words. The only thing that interested the Nandoki was the feeding of magic.
Nadala turned to Van, “The order will be going around to the others, lets get in while we can.”
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

Ardus Archive #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ardus Archive #2   Ardus Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 7:24 pm

Quote :
"I can sense, that you're worried, if I had to guess, probably Van," Sara said. "You go on over there, help them out, I'll be fine here, just help me... to a tree, I'm tired of laying in the dirt."

"I worry about everyone equally," Arwyn said, but she knew she was a terrible liar and those words were probably as transparent as can be. She sighed after a brief pause. "Come this way," she said, taking Sara by the hand and lifting her up. She supported her, so she wouldn't have to walk on her bad leg as she was led to a nearby tree and seated there.

"I'll try to come back as quicky as possible," she said once Sara was settled in. "It looks like they're making their final push for the spire. I want to be there. I want to see this creature with my own eyes and offer whatever help I can." She looked toward the spire and the armies battling outside its gates. "I feel responsible for this in some way. I've studied spectra for so long -- it's in my blood, in my soul -- I can't help but feel personally accountable when these things happen."

"Goodbye," she said before walking away from Sara. As she departed, she gradually reopened her connection to the spectral plane, feeling the power flow through her. First a little, then more and more, until she felt the sting of dark spectra creeping into her mind. It was all too familiar; she was no stranger to the dark arts.

"You," the Nandoki said. "Come. I want you."

Unlike Van, with all his pride and arrogance, Arwyn didn't feel the need to respond to it. She was coming, alright. Words weren't tnecessary. She'd answer this demon face to face and until then remain silent.

Quote :
“We‘ve pushed forwards enough for you to get in," Victos said. "The Nandoki feeds from Spectra while his doing so he‘s strong. If you can find a way to cut the tendrils that connect him to the spectra you‘ll have a better chance at killing him.”

“The order will be going around to the others," Nadala said to Van. "Lets get in while we can.”

"I can't see spectra," Van said, brandishing his blades, "but If you can point it out, I'll cut it. You seem to have an eye for this sorta thing, so lead the way."

Last edited by AnonyMouse on Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Ardus Archive #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ardus Archive #2   Ardus Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 7:29 pm

"Can't see spectra," Van said, brandishing his blades, "If you can point it out, I'll cut it. But first we gotta get inside."

Nadala nodded, “I might be able to but it will take me a lot of time, it‘s not something I‘m well studied on.”

She sighed shaking her head, “I have no idea where my bow is I‘m defenceless, don‘t even have my fauchard… Victos will divert the attention of the on ground forces we‘re going to have to push through and finish off any strays on the way.”
She wasn’t about to move without him she was unarmed and while she was accustomed to ducking and dodging blows because she wielded only bows, she wasn’t about to strut through out the battle without being flanked.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Ardus Archive #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ardus Archive #2   Ardus Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 7:31 pm

Arwyn helped Sara to a tree and she leaned against it. As she ran off, she looked onward to her,

"you're a terrible liar," she slipped off to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Ardus Archive #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ardus Archive #2   Ardus Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 7:51 pm

Reede led the way, covering Teele and Merri as much as they could, since attacking for them was much more elaborate and draining. The blade Nadala had given him balanced well in his hand, and he moved it quickly and expertly. It's light steel was marred in blood, but still it glistened beneath the red liquid.

They made it to the gates of the spire finally, and Reede caught a flash of two unmistakable eyes, and he charged toward them, his heart leaping within him. He hadn't doubted that Nadala was still alive, but to actually see her gave him relief beyond words.

She was alongside Van, of all people, and Reede strode in to lop off the head of one of the mercenaries who was closing on her. He looked at Nadala with a smile.

"Miss me?"
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Ardus Archive #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ardus Archive #2   Ardus Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 7:58 pm

"Miss me?" Reede asked after finishing a mercenary off. She grinned at him relieved to have the one she trusted the most back by her side.

“Words cannot say how much,” she said. “I was just waiting for dunce bucket here to flank me. I can‘t for the life of me remember where my weapons are…Victos is ready for us to enter the spire. He‘ll fend off the mercs and we‘ll push our way in. I‘ll need defending while I work out where the Nandoki‘s tendrils that connect to spectra are. Then Van will take out the tendrils. From then on we‘ll need a good defence to take out the Nandoki.”

Nadala moved forwards now feeling more secure, she knew Reede wouldn’t let her become hurt.
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

Ardus Archive #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ardus Archive #2   Ardus Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 8:06 pm

Quote :
“I might be able to but it will take me a lot of time, it‘s not something I‘m well studied on," Nadala said. "I have no idea where my bow is I‘m defenceless, don‘t even have my fauchard… Victos will divert the attention of the on ground forces we‘re going to have to push through and finish off any strays on the way.”

Van glanced around at the dead mercs on the ground. Plenty of swords, even an axe or two, and a warhammer, but not a single bow in sight. The archers never came down to die like the rest; they stayed up high in their perches. Van grumbled in disappointment. "That's why you don't put all your eggs in one basket," he said with a grin before moving off toward the spire. "C'mon. We ain't got all day. Stay close and I'll cover you."

Just then, Reede joined them and lavished her with attention. Good, Van thought, cuz I sure as hell wasn't gonna watch her back. He'd never admit it, but he was too injured to do anybody any good. He knew once they got inside, he'd have just enough strength left to cut the spectra-thingamajiggers and call it a day. He was spent.

Still, he couldn't refrain from putting in his two cents afte the couple was done chatting. "Where the hell have you been?" he asked Reede. "Your wife almost stabbed me to death, big guy. What'd I tell you?"

Arwyn paused outside the gates of the Citadel courtyard. It was in chaos. The fighting was still going on. Bodies were strewn across the cobblestone floor. Mercenaries, soldiers, and wrogs lay mangled on the ground, their blood mingling. Arwyn's stomach turned and the Nandoki attempted to capitalize on this brief moment of weakness. "You're next," it said in a menacing tone.

Arwyn steeled her nerves and stepped inside, putting a spectral barrier around herself. Using magic at a time like this was a bold move, but she refused to allow herself to show fear or hesitation. She knew the Nandoki was watching. As she drew nearer to the fighting, the mercenaries began to take notice of her. Some were puzzled -- what is this woman doing, walking across the battlefield with no weapon? Some attacked, but their blades failed to penetrate the barrier. She paid them no mind as she stoically made her way to the front gate. She didn't even lighten up when she saw who stood before the entrance.

But by the time she got there, she was utterly exhausted. Maintaining a barrier in the presence of the Nandoki's spectra was no small matter. The shield dropped the moment she reached them. A mercenary decided to capitlize on this opportunity. She had done absolutely nothing to antagonize this man, yet he ran at her with a battleaxe raised over his head. She turned swiftly and struck him with an orb of ball lightning, instantly incapacitating him.

"Why are we standing here?" she asked Nadala and the others. It sounded more like a demand than a question. She gave no undue attention to Van, who looked like he'd been mauled by a tiger and could drop dead at any second. The situation was all business and her mind was singularly focused on the Nandoki. But she hardly finished her sentence before Nadala and Reede stepped inside. "Good," she said, following them in. Van came as well.

Last edited by AnonyMouse on Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Ardus Archive #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ardus Archive #2   Ardus Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 8:12 pm

Reede listened closely with one half of his brain while the other fought off another mercenary.

"Sounds like a plan." He said. "But can the Nandoki be killed with normal weapons? We're going to need a bit more than Van's bit of glass to take this bastard down." He struck the merc down, and grabbed hold of the polearm he was fighting with. Absently, he handed it to Nadala.

"It'll help." He said with a wink.

"Where the hell have you been?" Van asked Reede. "Your wife almost stabbed me to death, big guy. What'd I tell you?"

"I've been wading through half an army!" Reede replied, meeting another merc blade with his own. "And I'm surprised at you, Van! Making my wife mad enough to wanna stab you..." He ducked away from a strike.

"Not nice at all."
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Ardus Archive #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ardus Archive #2   Ardus Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 8:24 pm

"Sounds like a plan." He said. "But can the Nandoki be killed with normal weapons? We're going to need a bit more than Van's bit of glass to take this bastard down." He struck the merc down, and grabbed hold of the polearm he was fighting with. Absently, he handed it to Nadala.

Nadala took the pole arm and grinned.

"It'll help." He said with a wink.

“The Nandoki thrives off of spectra with out the tendrils he feeds through he‘ll be brought into a more mortal base of power, which means instead of us being constantly bombarded with magic and suggestions we‘ll be faced with melee attacks. Something we‘ll be capable of dealing with.”

"Where the hell have you been?" Van asked Reede. "Your wife almost stabbed me to death, big guy. What'd I tell you?"

"I've been wading through half an army!" Reede replied, meeting another merc blade with his own. "And I'm surprised at you, Van! Making my wife mad enough to wanna stab you..." He ducked away from a strike.

"Not nice at all."

Nadala laughed at the pair, under better circumstances, she would have been endeared by the moment.

She swung the polearm in an arc against an on coming merc. The merc parried and Nadala pulled the blade back before jabbing it at the mercenary. The blade buried in the mercenaries stomach, Nadala struggled to pull it free. When it was free she kicked the man and trotted up the stairs that lead into the spire. Once they reached the entrance the doors were flung open.

“Honey I‘m home,” she said as she stepped in.

Mercenaries moved from the stairs of the spire towards the doors. Nadala engaged one pushing it back as she tried to move further into the spire. Several of Victos’ men joined them at the doors. Swords clanging against one another. Their were barely enough mercs inside to put up a real fight. They’d be finished in moments and then they could begin on the real problem. In her mind Nadala could hear the Nandoki screaming with rage.
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Ardus Archive #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ardus Archive #2   Ardus Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 8:36 pm

They burst in through the doors, and Reede chuckled at Nadala's call as the mercenary guards turned in wide-eyed shock. It didn't last long. Soon Reede was in the fray again, his sword lashing out toward blades, shafts, and unprotected throats. He hadn't counted how many had fallen by his blade, but he guessed it was a good few. This was by far the biggest single battle he had attended.

As he sliced into a man's stomach, he realized quite pointedly that he was quite finished with this. He wanted to take Nadala back to the tavern, or wherever they could find some peace, and live with her, raising their child. A life full of...this...was beginning to feel increasingly empty. And Reede shuddered at the fact that he didn't even care that it was men he was killing.

Teele and Merri had came in right behind them, still dancing together with that damned spear. They were becoming quite good at it, actually.

Reede kept near Nadala, fending off the adversaries that got too close.
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

Ardus Archive #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ardus Archive #2   Ardus Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 8:37 pm

Quote :
"I've been wading through half an army!" Reede replied, meeting another merc blade with his own. "And I'm surprised at you, Van! Making my wife mad enough to wanna stab you... Not nice at all."

Wading through half an army? Ha! "You and me both, pal," Van said. "I was doing a d**n fine job of it, too, until your little Amazon princess got snatched up by the Nandookie." He didn't bother attacking any of the mercs inside the spire. Let Reede handle it. he thought. "And you're lucky I didn't kill her. A quick 'thanks' woulda been nice."

Arwyn followed along in silence. She could feel the Nandoki drawing nearer. "Kill them. Kill them and I'll give you more power than you could ever imagine." it said. She smirked at the stupidity of such an offer. The Nandoki was brimming with raw spectra. If she wanted, she could take that power by force. But that would be a fool's errand; it was much more spectra than any mere mortal could possibly bear. Of course, most people wouldn't see the paradox in that and would take the offer... and die.

"Clearly you're used to decieving lesser minds," she whispered aloud -- plenty loud enough for the Nandoki to hear. the demon growled with rage.

Nadala pushed open the doors of another chamber and mercenaries came forward. Van was finally forced into action, his twin blades knocking aside opposing steel. Arwyn hung in the back, only attacking those that came for her and never striking a fatal blow.
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Ardus Archive #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ardus Archive #2   Ardus Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 8:47 pm

Nadala swung the pole arm, holding ground besides Reede she became the distraction to the men, before Reede slaughtered them. Turning to flank the group she moved in the dance of fight and smiled as the numbers began to thin. Her inaccuracy and lack of skill with the pole arm saw many mistakes that had to be fixed by others in the group. Soon she was able to see the middle of the floor. Her bow was lying there.

Their were barely ten mercs left in the room, Nadala managed to doge attacks and collect her bow and quiver of arrows.

“Ha, now you’ll all be sorry, she said with a grin loading her bow with an arrow.
Back to top Go down
Fayte
Master Gamer
Fayte

Female Number of posts : 722
Prestige : 1
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Ardus Archive #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ardus Archive #2   Ardus Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 8:53 pm

Fayte shoved hard against the door. She had been searching for what seemed ages. Grunting slightly at the strain on her muscles, the door slowly slid open only for her to be met with a wall of soft, red velvet. Frowing, Fayte edged it aside. Inside were Mercs, ready to face whatever was going to come through the doors.

As the doors slowly opened, Fayte grabbed the closest merc by the hair, yanked his head back and shoved the blade of her sword through his chest. She let the Marc drop to the floor, a puppet without strings.

Grinning wildly at the sound of Nadala calling out; "Honey, I'm home!" Fayte fought her way towards Nadala.
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Ardus Archive #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ardus Archive #2   Ardus Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 8:57 pm

Their numbers were beginning to thin, and their final bane came when Nadala found her bow, abandoning the pole in its favor. Reede still worked swiftly, but was able to cut down only two more before the others fell.

Van had grumbled something about missing gratitude for his sparing of Nadala. If what he said was true, maybe he wasn't as stone-hearted as he made himself out to be. Reede opened his mouth to answer, but they had grown too far apart for it to be worth it.

When the last merc went down, Reede let out a breath and turned to Nadala.

"Shall we?"
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Ardus Archive #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ardus Archive #2   Ardus Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 9:05 pm

"Shall we?" Nadala nodded but before she had a chance to turn the sound of clapping came from the stairs.

A delicate looking elf descended the stairs. In tow was the ugliest creature Nadala had ever seen it’s face all angles, it’s scales glistened wet. It was walking on all fours. When it spotted her it rose to it’s full height.

“That‘s just to bad,” it said its voice like course gravel. “I thought Van and yourself would kill each other. In my hands you should have won. I see the true danger here is he.”

A surge of spectra had Nadala buckle over in agony. She wretched on the floor blood dribbling from her ear.

“You think you can stop me? Lets see you try little girl. Your determination is impressive. But it doesn‘t stop any from seeing through you seeing how weak you are.”

Nadala remained on the floor, she was slowly regaining a hold on herself. Now cam the hard part seeing the spectra. She had to clear her mind but it was difficult with the rising pain in her.

She held onto the thought of her own spectral essence at first trying to see into it feel it enough to make out its form. She was sweating breathing cautiously this was no easy task. It took her some moments before she could see where it was. The tendrils were shaky and blurred but she could see them, a dark colour protruding from it’s forehead and stretching out in all directions.

“I see it,” she cried out. She rested her head on the floor. The spell to exhausting for her to hold.

“His tendrils come from his forehead.”
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Ardus Archive #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ardus Archive #2   Ardus Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 9:25 pm

The elvish woman descended the stairs, a creature in tow. Reede felt a change, a heavyness and an oppression, in the air. And it affected Nadala worse than it did him. He could stand, feeling the weight on his soul, but keeping it from inhibiting him. Nadala fell, her blood dripping onto the stones.

“You think you can stop me? Lets see you try little girl. Your determination is impressive. But it doesn‘t stop any from seeing through you seeing how weak you are.”

Reede's rage built, and he charged forward. He saw her eyes widen at his lack of inhibition in surprise and then in fear. He swung his sword around into both hands as he charged and brought it up. The blade struck her frail body, driving through her chest and protruding form the other side. Reede's eyes locked with hers as a trickle of blood fell from her lips.

"Who's weak, b****?" Reede hissed into her face.
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

Ardus Archive #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ardus Archive #2   Ardus Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 9:35 pm

After the room was cleared of mercs, Van looked up. An elf was coming down the stairs, leading a disgusting creature. "The Nandoki?" Van pondered aloud. "Twice as ugly as I thought it'd be."

Arwyn came up beside him. "Hurry and strike it down. The spectra is emanating from its he-" She screamed and collapsed as the Nandoki's full force was released on everyone in the room. Van knelt down by her side, while still keeping a close eye on the creature and its accomplice. Nadala collapsed as well and the others in the room seemed deeply affected also.

"Where?" Van asked, shaking Arwyn to get her attention. She winced in pain as blood ran from her ears and nose. "Where is the spectra coming from? Tell me and I'll end it." The Nandoki laughed. Van stood up, ready to chop the d**n thing to pieces if he had to.

Quote :
“I see it,” Nadala cried out from her place on the floor. “His tendrils come from his forehead.”

Van gave the Nandoki an icy cold stare. He wasn't sure what the creature was capable of. The last thing he wanted to do was run in and get surprised. For once, he actually hesitated and contemplated the best way to go about doing this. "F**k it," he said, picking up Nadala's bow from where she'd dropped it. He wanted to charge in and battle the demon face to face -- it would be his pleasure to engage in battle with that monster -- but that would be foolish.

Instead, he lifted the bow. "An arrow?" the Nandoki laughed. "You think you'll strike me down with an arrow!?" There was so much spectra swirling around that creature that an ordinary arrow would never make it through. Even Van, blind to such things, could see that.

He broke off a long slender shard of his enchanted glass blade -- capable of cutting through even the thickest spectra -- and loaded it into the bow. The nandoki's eyes widened, realizing what was about to happen, but it was too late. Van drew back and fired. The creature was hardly twenty feet away -- even the worst marksman could make such a shot. The needle of blue glass lodged itself in the creature's dome, and the swirling spectra began to subside.

Van thought it would take at least two shots to get the job done, but he'd underestimated the power of his own weapon. The one glass arrow in the creature's skull was more than enough to disrupt its power. The Nandoki cried out in pain as the others in the room began to recover. It tried to pull the arrow out, but it only broke into smaller pieces. Enraged, the creature charged at them, with only its fangs and claws for defense.

Last edited by AnonyMouse on Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Ardus Archive #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ardus Archive #2   Ardus Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 9:47 pm

Nadala staggered to her feet, she had to admit she was impressed with Van’s shot. As she tried to move with the others to where the Nandoki struggled something grabbed her arm and pulled her round. Dizziness filled her. Nadala couldn’t fight back. Geo stared at her his gaze cold. No bow, her mind screamed out. She stood in front of her equal with nothing to defend herself with.

“May your demons forever haunt you,” he hissed. He pressed a finger against her forehead and the sent of exotic herbs. He pressed a kiss against her lips as she tried to struggle against him. Then with a laugh he turned his back and left her before any in the room could retaliate.

Nadala stared dumbfounded, what was that? Horror rose within her. She’d seen him do that before. She quivered, there wasn’t time to worry. Nadala took her pole arm and still in a state of confusion joined the others in the fray.
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Ardus Archive #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ardus Archive #2   Ardus Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 9:56 pm

Reede turned, wrenching his blade from the woman as Van's shot released the Spectral oppression from the room. And when he turned all the way about, he saw a cloak-swathed figure press against Nadala and kiss her in mockery.

The rage welled in him afresh, and the figure stole away, vanishing in the shadows even as Reede cried a curse after him. Heedless to the feral Nandoki attacking viciously, he ran to Nadala, ready to take her up in his arms. But she had already begun to fight. He took his place alongside her.

"I'll get him." He said to her through clenched teeth. "I'll kill that bastard."

Teele and Merri had been weakened themselves under the might of the attack, and they dropped the spear, clutching one another closely as the pain radiated through their bond. Teele sucked in a deep, relieved breath when the presence finally lifted, and he took Merri's hand, bringing her up to her feet.

He found a blade on a slain mercenary and took it up as he moved in to join the others.
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

Ardus Archive #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ardus Archive #2   Ardus Archive #2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 10:15 pm

Van rolled out of the way as the Nandoki charged at him first. He was fortunate enough to dodge that first strike. Afterward, the creature's attention was taken up by the others. Everyone was fighting at full strength again. Or at least as close to full strength as can be after hacking their way through an army. They were all tired, but it was nearly over. They need only strike down the creature befor them.

Van dropped the bow and collected his blades, reassembling them into a single unified sword. He was only missing one small fragment, stuck in the skull of that filthy demon. But he'd get it back soon enough. It was time to end this.

Meanwhile, Arwyn was on her feet immediately. "Well done," she said, giving Van a pat on the back. "You may have saved us all." Van's only response was a miserable grumble. But Arwyn wasn't intersted in showering him with praises. The Nandoki was still alive and that didn't sit well with her. She had a rather strict policy against taking a life... but exceptions could be made. Is a Nandoki a living thing? Demons and demi-gods reside somewhere in that gray area between this world and the next. Surely, an exception could be made....

The beast turned to her, fleeing from the blades of her comrades. Arwyn conjured the best flame barrier she could manage on such short notice and surrounding the creature with a ring of fire. Its hellish eyes met hers. There was much sadness in them, or perhaps it was fear, as if it were pleading for its miserable life. But it found no mercy there. She closed her palm, narrowing the ring until it shut on the creature, enveloping its grotesque body in flames. Its slimy skin began to crack and burn in the inferno. It collapsed and succumbed to the heat as the brave adventurers stood round and looked on in awe. From hell it came and to hell it would return.

"Lament of the Vargergiest" Quest complete
Back to the tavern and thanks for playing

- on behalf of your GM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ardus Archive #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ardus Archive #2   Ardus Archive #2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ardus Archive #2
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next