Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Character Situations.

Go down 
+2
chad.sims2
Ungood
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ungood
Initiate

Number of posts : 33
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-02

Character Situations. Empty
PostSubject: Character Situations.   Character Situations. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:08 am

This topic is about Role Playing. But in reality Role Play is just another way to say Character Development. And this little bit is about honing the skills to learn how to role play with out the whole need for a GM and setting.

The basic premise behind this is to take a Character you know well, and then with that Character, you deal with the situation placed before you by the poster above you. This allows you to learn to deal with how your character would handle situations you have not planned out for them.

This is about developing your character and learning how they would respond to unplanned situation.

Here are the Rules:

If a situation is put up that they would not normally face, or would be impossible for them to face. Use your imagination and make it work.

You can not place traits on someone else persona, like you can not make them a werewolf or vampire, or give them a weakness or strength. The traits of the character are the full product of the responder.

You also can not place your OWN character into the situation for the next poster to deal with.

IE: DON’T “If you had to duel my character…” or “If you had a sickness to sunlight…”

With that out, just use common sense and respect and everything should go fine. This is not an ego game but an exploring game of character development.

The Format of each post will follow this method.

The start of your post should describe the Character Used, where they came from, are they from a novel of yours, a short story, just dancing in your imagination. (I'll provide an example at the end)

Then you quote the situation.

Then you Respond to the situation

Then you put up a new situation for the next poster to deal with.

You can use a different character for each situation and if you want, you can have different characters deal with the same situation, as a team or individuality. Depending on your skill and mood.

Example:

In a novel I working on I have a Character I am working on called Zola, who is a high priced prostitute in roughly the 1200’s Japan with a bit of Magic and Mixed culture thrown in to make things a bit oddball. She is slender and light bodied, standing roughly 5 foot 6 inches tall. She is very smart having roughly a 140 IQ. She has pale skin and almost white hair.

Quote :
You are at the Mall and you see some friends of yours, but as you go over to them, some people who don’t like you start to tease you about your hair, what do you do?

Zola would hold her head high and ignore them as if they did not exist, she does not bow down to the prattling of common women and since she charges high prices for her services when she is all doctored up, she can relax a bit and let her hair down from time to time. Given that she would ignore them and head off with her friends to shopping in the mall.

Next Situation:

You are on an semi-tropical Island (medium sized) with only a really dull knife as a utility tool. You are with someone who would be your best friend/lover/life mate. What do you do?
Back to top Go down
http://protagonist2antagonist.wordpress.com/
Ungood
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Character Situations.   Character Situations. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 8:39 am

I will be using Zola again for this situation. Zola however later in life took a man called Calvert as her life mate and companion and I shall be using him for this situation.

Calvert was a former military man, but was a tactician not a combatant. He is slender in build, with pale skin and olive almost greenish colored hair. A nice person that listens to people and tries his best to do his best in everything he does. Has issues with confidence however.

Urs wrote:
You are on an semi-tropical Island (medium sized) with only a really dull knife as a utility tool. You are with someone who would be your best friend/lover/life mate. What do you do?

Zola would smile at Calvert as they sat in the sand looking at the ocean around them. Zola would most likely be playing with the hunting knife in her hands to give herself something to occupy her thoughts, and say something along the lines of.

"When our Lord wishes to see us again, he will find us, till then we need to focus the three basic desires of man, food, shelter and sex"

Then she would drop the knife to the sand, pull Calvert in for a long deep kiss and moan out "Lets start with the sex and then worry about food"

Next Situation:

You are in a room, surrounded by Ninja's who have been hired to kill you. How would your character handle this situation.
Back to top Go down
chad.sims2
Celestial Gamer
chad.sims2

Male Number of posts : 1030
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Character Situations.   Character Situations. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 6:40 pm

I'll use Drake for this one. You all know him from the on going game. And likely writing forums. But anywho, he is a confident man, rather fast and agile but not very strong, he is street wise, and clever, sometimes a bit silly.

Quote :
You are in a room, surrounded by Ninja's who have been hired to kill you. How would your character handle this situation.

Drake had likely overslept waking at the last moment. And was surrounded by the ninjas while likely still in nothing in his boxers. "Ok guys, can we talk this out like civilized gentlemen?" He'd ask, smiling at his obvious futile attempt.

Now one of the ninja's throws a star, he ducks, and while screaming like a mad man bulldoses through the ninja's praying to god that the shock of his random reaction knocking them out of the way would buy enough time for Lliliean to come to his aid, because one thing he doesn't play around with is ninjas. Don't joke with ninjas.

Your out for a walk, you and someone you care about. You're both walking and talking when suddenly you look up and spot the mushroom cloud of a nuke detonating. What do you do?
Back to top Go down
Ungood
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Character Situations.   Character Situations. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:03 am

I will be using Zola again for this situation.

chad.sims2 wrote:
Your out for a walk, you and someone you care about. You're both walking and talking when suddenly you look up and spot the mushroom cloud of a nuke detonating. What do you do?

Since Zola would not have a clue what it meant to see a Mushroom cloud, she would know that a something "bad" happened. She would then seek out council or someone she knew or trusted to explain to her what was going on, so she could get a grip on the situation.

Once she figured out that this was a very big Bomb and that mostly likely War was happening, she would head off and take care of the young girls in her charge, seeing to it that they were put in bomb shelters and what have you, to keep them safe, under the care of her next in charge.

Then she would head off to meet Calvert (A general she knows very well), or approach the Queen herself to find out what more she can do to aid the coming conflict, assuming that it would involve her and her kingdom.

Next Situation:

You just won the 10 million dollar lottery.
Back to top Go down
Zorell
Advanced Gamer
Zorell

Female Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Character Situations.   Character Situations. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 5:26 pm

I will use Lara Lyne from "Can't Say." She is a sixteen year-old girl who just professed her love to Tommie, her best friend, the daughter of a racist father and a homophobic mother.

Quote :
You just won the 10 million dollar lottery.

First, I am telling Tommie, and she'll probably kiss me with joy. THat money will be enough to get her emancipation from her parents and move out, probably back to my old house down the street, she loves that house. If Tommie loves me as much as she says, that money will start our new life together....

You go into work and are called into your boss' office. Very slowly, timidly even, he pulls a gun to you and says only this, "One of us has to die."
Back to top Go down
chad.sims2
Celestial Gamer
chad.sims2

PostSubject: Re: Character Situations.   Character Situations. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 5:31 pm

Using Drake again.

Quote :
You go into work and are called into your boss' office. Very slowly, timidly even, he pulls a gun to you and says only this, "One of us has to die.

"I'm real sorry about that sir but if you really have to kill yourself I'm not going to stop you." He'd say, though he'd prepare to get out of the way at any second, hand on his saber, ready for one quick smooth draw and thrust to his bosses wrist. Remove the weapon remove the problem.

You are attacked by man eating kittens!
Back to top Go down
Zorell
Advanced Gamer
Zorell

PostSubject: Re: Character Situations.   Character Situations. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 5:39 pm

I reintroduce some of you to dear ole Chrystine Waters Very Happy Catwoman in the flesh.

Quote :
You are attacked by man eating kittens!

Claws bared, Chrys would lunge at the onslaught, her claws striking angrily at whomever she happened to reach. She would, if necessary, even mimic the one she saw as leader and twist its vocalizations against it. And, if that doesn't work, she'll tell nathan that he's cute, he'll burst into flames and scorch everything that can't handle his fire, or mimic its feel.

Your life is in peril, you are bing suspended by the hand of a barbarian over a steep descent down a cliff. The only thinghelping you resist gravity is his clutch around your neck, and you have no weapons.
Back to top Go down
chad.sims2
Celestial Gamer
chad.sims2

PostSubject: Re: Character Situations.   Character Situations. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 5:55 pm

Drake again.

Quote :
Your life is in peril, you are bing suspended by the hand of a barbarian over a steep descent down a cliff. The only thinghelping you resist gravity is his clutch around your neck, and you have no weapons.

"What no last request?" He would weeze out. THe barbarian shakes his head no. "Last meal?" Same. "Long rant about your plan to rule the world that will lead to me being rescued?" This just gets a strange look. "Well good working with you bob, if I survive this remind me to kill you."

"Sure thing." Bob the barbarian says as he releases Drake to fall to his fate.

You and a freind have to sing a song at a bar. Very Happy

Last edited by chad.sims2 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ungood
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Character Situations.   Character Situations. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:29 pm

and the next situation is?
Back to top Go down
iMazed
Super Gamer
iMazed

Female Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Character Situations.   Character Situations. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 4:50 am

Ungood, the situation is written in red at the bottom of Chad's post Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.booksie.com/imazed
Zorell
Advanced Gamer
Zorell

PostSubject: Re: Character Situations.   Character Situations. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 9:49 am

"You and your friend have to sing at a bar."

I'll use the MC from one of my current peices, Jaime Langley and Nathanial Willard, 17 and 26. They'd take that challenge and sing "Secret Lovers." They'll probably be on a double date with her other freinds Bobby and Gimmy, all of them hoping a certain Lane doesn't show up....

You're tied to a chair, your eyes taped open, and the only thing you can see is an endless loop of Austin Powers movies dubbed in Japanese. WHat would you do?
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384

PostSubject: Re: Character Situations.   Character Situations. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:43 am

As of yet Unnamed Female lead II from a Fantasy Noire I am working on. She is a longtime member of a demon hunting organisation in modern day London. The quiet type, her incredible strength making her a sort of secret weapon of the organisation.

Zorell wrote:
You're tied to a chair, your eyes taped open, and the only thing you can see is an endless loop of Austin Powers movies dubbed in Japanese. WHat would you do?[/color]

She sits and watches. She is in discomfort (when it comes to these thing, she is only human) and waits to be rescued. She figures that she 1. Dissapeared, and people will be looking for her, or 2. this was done by the organisation. In which case it is just fine. After all, her purpose in life is to be useful to that organisation. And perhaps that one man that managed to reach her heart a long time ago...

(And itÅ› not even the proteganist!)

You find yourself aboard a sinking ship. Alone.
Back to top Go down
chad.sims2
Celestial Gamer
chad.sims2

PostSubject: Re: Character Situations.   Character Situations. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 9:04 pm

Chad/Frank/Franky.

You find yourself aboard a sinking ship. Alone.

Chad "See this is why I don't let you keep control for to long." He said looking around at the dead bodies littering the boat. Now alone, and sinking. "The least you could have done was not sink the boat." He complained and slipped his life vest on looking to the shore a long way off. "You're going to swim for it not me." He said slipping into the darkness.

Franky swore as he got put in control, loosened his tie and dove into the water. It was friken cold.

You and a friend are surrounded by canibles!
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Character Situations.   Character Situations. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 9:23 pm

You and a friend are surrounded by canibles!

"Order, order, we're here for another meeting of the men's cannibal society. Out meal of the day has volunteered for the position his name is Josh Banks, who says, 'I can't live this life anymore, eat me."

Deathblade looks at the camera, "what? You think this is wrong? We're just getting our daily protein."

"Amen brother," says A. Mouse.

"I'll tell you what's wrong, a cell phone company that charges hidden fees, that's why we got boost moble," pulls out his phone.

"Yea their $50 unlimited plan has no hidden fees, so we can talk, text, or get our next meal, without paying extra."

$50 dollar unlimited nation wide talk, text, web & walkie talkie, UNoverage'D, UNcontracted'D, UNwronge'D, Boost Mobile

You kill Chuck Norris Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Situations.   Character Situations. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character Situations.
Page 1 of 1