Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tavern Archive #1

Go down 
+16
Slayer
Deathblade
chad.sims2
Garmar
Blossom
Jade DragonSpectre
CommonGoods
Fayte
Darkthought
Gloom
no_more_skrbblz
Foxee
Shadow Dragon
Zorell
iMazed
Teele
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Blossom
Celestial Gamer
Blossom

Female Number of posts : 865
Prestige : 8
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Tavern Archive #1 - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tavern Archive #1   Tavern Archive #1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 4:18 pm

"But, I speak as a fool. The future will bring whatever it has in store, and it is for us simply to choose among the paths set before us."

Astrid shook her head. "No, it's not foolish."

"What path would you take, Astrid? What dreams do you have?"

She blinked, a little hesitant, and a felt a warm blush spread slowly over her cheeks. This wasn't something she'd ever spoken about before, always something she'd kept close to her heart. But Dane had been honest with her, and wasn't it only fair that she returned that honesty?

Still ... Astrid lowered her eyes and, a little awkwardly, traced patterns in the woodgrain with one finger, unable to meet Dane's gaze as she answered.

"Well, I've always felt like something of an outsider. I was never really accepted in Carverelus and I was too human in Wyan Haim. I just ... I've always hoped to find somewhere I could belong."

She left out the rest, that her mother had never been very affectionate and her father had made it quite plain he wanted nothing to do with her. That she wanted, just once, to feel important to someone. She wasn't quite ready to divulge that secret, however unlikely she knew it was.
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Female Number of posts : 1886
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Tavern Archive #1   Tavern Archive #1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 4:21 pm

"Don't mind at all." He said. He kissed her again. "In fact..." Another kiss. "I think I'd probably enjoy that..."

She flushed thinking of how he might enjoy it then her smile broadened. It was easier to feel happy with him around.

“We haven‘t really disguised the girl from the swamp,” she murmured. “I haven‘t even seen her since our return. I‘m actually a little glad.” she looked away from Reede embarrassed. “She makes me jealous, I know it‘s an awful thing to say after all she‘s been through…That‘s not really why I brought it up though, I was thinking maybe Jak or even Mason might have work for her if she needed it. The tavern is always busy…and Red Century often feeds it‘s own troops and beds them. there is endless work there…”
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Male Number of posts : 2410
Prestige : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Tavern Archive #1   Tavern Archive #1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm

Reede nodded.

"You're probably right. Either of them would probably take her in. She'd be happy working with Jak, I think, though even now I don't know her well. She doesn't say much, that one." Reede looked back into Nadala's eyes.

"This I do know, though, that you have nothing to fear from her. I love you, and I'll fight anything that tries to come between us."
Back to top Go down
https://rpcentral.forumotion.net
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: Tavern Archive #1   Tavern Archive #1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 4:41 pm

Dane saw Astrid's face redden, and saw her look away, her finger running absently along the surface of the table.

"Well, I've always felt like something of an outsider. I was never really accepted in Carverelus and I was too human in Wyan Haim. I just ... I've always hoped to find somewhere I could belong."

Dane smiled, surprised, and yet not surprised. It was a lonely road they both traveled, more so for her. Dane could find acceptance, if only he had wanted it. But her...she felt she could not.

And again, the thought entered Dane's mind unheeded. What if he could give that to her? What if she could feel like she belonged with him? And again, he had to suppress the thoughts. they were borne of his own loneliness. His own desire to have someone near.

And yet...was that so terrible? Two wandering souls drawn together by fate...

No. No, if ever she could feel any sense of belonging at his side, she would have to come to it of herself. He couldn't force her.

All of these thoughts didn't stop him from reaching out and touching her hand gently. When he spoke at last, he realized his voice was just above a whisper.

"I hope someday you find that, Astrid. Wherever, or with whomever it may be."
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

PostSubject: Re: Tavern Archive #1   Tavern Archive #1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 4:42 pm

"This I do know, though, that you have nothing to fear from her. I love you, and I'll fight anything that tries to come between us."

She reached over and took his hand, nodding at the words feeling herself now solid about what he felt. She spent a while simply gazing at him admiring his way. Then she stood.

“These bones still ach from battle,” she said. “I think I‘ll have Jak draw me a bath. The warm water will do me good. Thankyou for your words as always I feel somewhat stronger from hearing them.”
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: Tavern Archive #1   Tavern Archive #1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 4:57 pm

Nadala acknowledged him, and they shared a silent exchange of gazes, simply enjoying the warmth of being together. At length, Nadala stood.

“These bones still ach from battle,” she said. “I think I‘ll have Jak draw me a bath. The warm water will do me good. Thankyou for your words as always I feel somewhat stronger from hearing them.”

"You're welcome sweetheart. Enjoy your bath." Reede said, smiling
Back to top Go down
Fayte
Master Gamer
Fayte

Female Number of posts : 722
Prestige : 1
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Tavern Archive #1   Tavern Archive #1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:21 am

Fayte sighed as Rhue and Nadala spoke, their voices threaded with venom. Well, at least Rhue hadn't ran his sword through Nadala. She sat in silence and watched the others until she heard the commotion outside. Fayte kept to the outside of the circle but understood enough. The dead elf was killed by Wrogs.

Fayte shuddered. The beasts... she had ran into them before but had barely escaped.

She made her way to Rhue. "I will come with you." She said, touching his arm.
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Celestial Gamer
Blossom

PostSubject: Re: Tavern Archive #1   Tavern Archive #1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:29 am

"I hope someday you find that, Astrid. Wherever, or with whomever it may be."

Again it was as if Dane had read her thoughts. So used to people misreading her, Astrid still found it strange that someone could understand even the things she didn't say. It made her feel like it was possible to find that sense of belonging she had always searched for.

She was hyper-aware of Dane's hand on hers; her heart was beating a little faster, and that confused knot of emotions had risen up in her stomach again. She didn't know whether or move her hand away or to turn it over, and in the end settled on simply leaving it where it was.

She looked back up at Dane and smiled.

"Thank you. I hope you find what you're looking for, too."
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: Tavern Archive #1   Tavern Archive #1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:44 am

Dane felt the warmth and gratitude in her smile and her eyes.

"Thank you. I hope you find what you're looking for, too."

He returned the smile, again trying not to think that perhaps what both of them were looking for lay closer than they realized. Reluctantly, he let his hand slide from hers. A silence hung between them; not one that was awkward or that seemed void. There was much that had passed between them without words, and their understanding of one another was present in the quiet as well as it was in speech.

At lenth, Dane looked back to her.

"Perhaps you'd care to join me for a meal?" He said at last, still smiling.
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384

PostSubject: Re: Tavern Archive #1   Tavern Archive #1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:34 am

Soara. That was what it was called. Soara. Yet another village along the coast, yet another place, filled with people. Yet another chance to meet another Derian. Not that it worried Erlend, not really. Gardann was a large continent, and only very few would recognise the mark of the Rose. He briefly stopped to brush the burn mark above his brow, as if to confirm it was still there. Foolishness off course; it had been branded there with searing metal; Rose like burn, the mark of the outlaw, was there to stay.

But what if he did meet someone who recognised the mark? Would he state his name, his true name, and risk being killed on the spot? Would they even recognise his name? How long had he sat in the dungeons of the Rose? Months? A year? Would they have forgotten him by now, forgotten about the Beast of Skjalgi? All these questioned raged trough his head as he entered the village, gently wading trough the people, most of them a feet-and-some shorter then Erlend.

He pushed the questions aside, trying to focus on a more immediate concern; a place to stay for the night. He had spend enough nights outside. Tonight, at least, he wanted a good bed and a roof above his head. Eventually, his eye felt on an old building with a sign outside. An instrument of some sort. The letters below the picture made no sense; they rarely did. One of the down sides of being an analphabetic.

He pushed the door open and stepped in, making sure his head didn’t slam into the doorframe. He was pleased to see that the ceiling was of adequate height; some of the buildings in this region were to low stand straight. Taking a look around, he noticed that it was quiet here; no drunken brawling, no loud singing. There was a small group of people, talking among themselves, and a barman who had apparently been cleaning mugs, but was now staring at him.

“Can I help you?” the small man said, smiling pleasantly.

Erlend grunted and walked to the bar, taking the seat furthest away from the other people. “Something to drink and a room for the night.”

The small man nodded, grabbed one of the freshly cleaned mugs and turned around to one of the kegs. He spoke while the mead poured into the mug. “So, what is your name. Where are you from?”

It was bad luck not to speak to the person in who’s house you were spending the night, or at least, so he had heard. “I’m not from around here. My name is Edward.”

The man placed the ale in front of him and took the coins Erlend shoved his way. “Edward? That’s a Raythian name. Funny. I would have taken you for a Derian. My name is Jak. If there is anything I can do for you, let me know. “Erlend simply grunted something incomprehensible again and took a sip of his drink, savouring the taste. Perhaps later, he would ask for a meal. Also, the man had made no comments on his request for a room. Later, he thought. Later.

One of the doors the led to the kitchens opened, and Jak turned to Garus who was carrying a keg of some sort. “You can put that down over there,” the small man said as he pointed at an empty shelf. “Oh, and we have a Darian fellow. When’s the last time we had a Darrian here? Must have been weeks. Strange thing is, when I…” he had turned to face Garus while he was talking, and noticed that Garus wasn’t paying attention to him, but instead gazed at the man at the bar. “Outlaw,” the large man said.

Erlend hadn’t seen the man enter, instead fixed on the mug in front of him, as if it would grant him the answers he was looking for. But when Garus spoke that one word, Erlend tensed. It was as if the world around him slowed down. For a split second, they made eye contact. Mere seconds later, Erlend had pulled his glaive free from it’s bonds, and Garus had pulled a giant axe from under one of the cupboards.

Erlend sprang back, trying to enlarge the gap between them so he could profit from the length of his weapon. Garus followed more slowly, as a stalking animal, ready to pounce when he saw his chance. They circled each other for a few seconds, and just when Erlend started to notice a pattern in the man’s movement, Jak placed himself between the two man.

If Erlend hadn’t been on the point of fighting for his life, he may have thought it was funny to see the small man between the two giant men. Jak gave both of them a sharp look. “Put down the weapons. There will be no fighting inside the Jester’s Lute.” His tone was stern, and Garus obeyed immediately. Erlend nodded, then lowered the tip of glaive onto the floor.

“Now what is going on?” Jak turned from Garus to Erlend. It was Erlend who spoke, his voice loud and clear, as if he was not only addressing Jak, but all of the people present in the common room. “My name is Erlend hersir Prudi. I was outlawed by the Order of the Rose.” With that, he turned around and sat back, as if those two sentences explained it all. Jak simply blinked, then turned to Garus.

“Garus. Could you join me in the kitchen for a moment.” The two men walked into the kitchen and closed the door, leaving the tavern in complete silence. Erlend was about to take another sip of his drink when he noticed the other patrons where still staring at him. Hell, some of them even seemed as if they were ready to strike him down. “I am of no danger to you. Ignore me.”
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: Tavern Archive #1   Tavern Archive #1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:53 pm

Reede had watched the huge stranger come in. It was indeed rather difficult not to notice him. Reede felt like a shrimp next to Garum...and this one was bigger still. Reede studied him, watching his bearing, the way he moved, and his face. Jak was already close to halfling size, and he would have had to almost stack himself two high to look directly into the stranger's face.

However, the short little man did not seem fazed by the giant before him. He was just another customer. Jak brought him out something to drink.

A few moments later, Reede saw the stranger's vision shift, and his eyes widened. Garum stood by, and almost instantly the two Derians were facing one another down, weapons drawn. Reede stood to his feet reflexively, his blade sliding a few inches from its scabbard. But Jak intervened...and Reede almost laughed at the sight. There he was, standing between the two giants, his voice carrying the authority of a being twice their size. The two withdrew, and Jak hauled Garum back to the kitchen.

The stranger had introduced himself as Erlend, and he was apparently an outcast from among his people.

“I am of no danger to you. Ignore me.”

For now, it seemed, the stranger wished to be left alone. Reede reminded himself to have a talk with him if the opportunity presented itself.

Dane had similarly stood, momentarily forgetting his invitation to Astrid, and setting a hand to his blade, ready to back Reede if it was needed. With Jak's help, the big men put aside their differences for the time being, and Dane relaxed back into his chair.

"No end to the surprises, it seems." He commented to Astrid.

Since leaving Miles' home in the woods, Teele didn't lose the smile on his face. He and Merri took the journey back to the tavern very slowly, content to live in the dream for several days. Always, they would depart late, and make camp early. Several times throughout the day, they would stop, just to hold one another and look out over some grand landscape. Often when they traveled, they rode double, just to keep in continual contact.

Teele was ever amazed at the strength of their new bond, and ever wishing to continue exploring it. Merri's presence grew no less exhilerating, no less beautiful over the hours and days they spent together. In fact, if it were possible, he only felt himself more in love with her as time waxed on.

But, alas, the bliss and the dream of their solitude had to end, and it was almost with disappointment that Teele approached the Jester once again. Merri sat behind him on Indigo, her arms draped around his waist. He pulled up near the stables, and the couple dismounted. Teele helped her down needlessly, and set his hands on her waist as they stood close together.

"Thank you, my love. For being my dream."
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Celestial Gamer
Blossom

PostSubject: Re: Tavern Archive #1   Tavern Archive #1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 2:21 pm

"No end to the surprises, it seems."

"Quite," Astrid replied, nodding, though her eyes remained on the large Derian man for a few moments longer. A strange man, to actually tell them to ignore him. In her experience there were few people who did not actually want to interact with others, and those who did generally kept there distance from taverns and other places frequented by the public.

And those who did often had something to hide. She rather thought this man did; it was clear in his movements, the way he kept his eyes from wandering around the room, how he kept his speech short, giving away as little as possible.

Garus had called him an outlaw, so he must have committed some crime. It was not unusual to find people who wanted to keep their pasts to themselves, keep secrets buried.

Astrid finally dismissed the thoughts and turned back to Dane. "You were saying something about a meal?"
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Tavern Archive #1   Tavern Archive #1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 2:25 pm

Sara, while in her thoughts, saw a large Derian man enter the tavern, after a few moments, some sort of commotion started up, but was quieted down. She wondered what this man had done since he entered that would cause some problems.
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

Female Number of posts : 1514
Prestige : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Tavern Archive #1   Tavern Archive #1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 2:43 pm

"Thank you, my love. For being my dream."

Merri stroked an errant fair lock back from Teele's face.

"And you're mine." She smiled for him alone, "with no need to awaken."

They were slow in caring for the horses, perhaps feeling that something might be lost or diminished by returning to the indoors. However it was the usual culprit, hunger, that drove them eventually through The Jester's front door, hand in hand, faces shining with happiness.

And into an echoing silence.

Everyone seemed to be staring toward a very tall man at the bar.

“I am of no danger to you. Ignore me.”

Merri's eyebrows rose and she looked toward Jak inquiringly as the other patrons slowly began talking amongst themselves again.
Back to top Go down
http://ginnyshoestrings.wordpress.com/
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

PostSubject: Re: Tavern Archive #1   Tavern Archive #1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 2:45 pm

Perhaps he had gone somewhat overboard with his request to ignore him. He had come to a town on purpose, not just for the probability of finding an inn, but because there were people. His banishment from Derian society, nay, Gardann, had been the reason why he had come to this continent. The search for a honourable death, or so he told himself. Protecting someone, or something. Destroying a powerful agent of shadow.

Simply rushing of to certain death was not honourable, it was stupid. An honourable death was a death that came, without being sought. Or so the warriors had always said. Perhaps it was time he stopped searching, and started looking. The people here seemed promising, and he couldn’t help but notice the signs of battle, however subtle. A small peck of dried blood on a boot, traces of red in the hilt of a sword. These were adventure seekers.

Jak and Garus returned to the common room, and Erlend was surprised how the other Derian seemed completely passive around him now. Not that all traces of hostility were gone; the man’s thread was careful, as if he was trying not to wake a sleeping bear, but that was it. Jak took his mug, and Erlend was about to object when he spoke. “One on the house. From what I heard, you need a drink.” Erlend grunted and accepted the drink.

“Thank you. Could you do me a favour? Bring the rest of the patrons a drink of their choice, my coin.” Jak simply nodded. Perhaps this would loosen the tongues.
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: Tavern Archive #1   Tavern Archive #1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:59 pm

"You were saying something about a meal?" Astrid caught Dane's attention again. He smiled at her.

"That's right." He said. He was about to get up and go find Jak when Jak came to him; bearing plates of potatoes, fish, and greens, along with two glasses of wine. Dane looked at him quizzically, wondering if the bard had suddenly been gifted with the ability to read minds.

"Yes, Dane, I guessed your intent. The wine comes complements of Mr. Erlend." Jak gestured to the big Derian as he set the plates before them. Dane smiled.

"I shall have to offer him my thanks." Dane said.

Soon after, Jak approached Reede, asking what he'd like to drink as a free round was making its way about, thanks to their new Derian friend. Reede grinned and ordered an ale. No sooner had Jak gone than Reede looked up, and saw standing in the doorway, his brother and his bride. Reede's smile widened as he strode over to the pair. He and Teele clasped hands, and then embraced one another in their rough way. Reede sensed a vibrancy, a happiness, a contentment in his brother that hadn't been there before. It was if something had taken everything Teele was and brightened it tenfold.

Reede moved his glance, and he knew the source of his brother's delight. With a much gentler touch, he embraced his new sister. Her joy, too, was obvious and apparent. No two souls belonged together as much as these two.

"Welcome back. I hate to dim your spirits, but I'll be moving out again tomorrow morning, probably. Nadala and I were given something of importance and we have to return it. Find yourselves a seat and get yourselves a meal, and I'll tall you about it later."

They nodded, and Reede went to return to his table. He gathered his mug of ale and strode over to the big Derian's table.

"My thanks for the drink, friend." Reede said. "Mind if I sit down?"
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

PostSubject: Re: Tavern Archive #1   Tavern Archive #1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:32 pm

They milled outside in the woodlands and along the rocky outcrops that formed the shore line of the beach. The yellows of their eyes glinting. Like an organised colony of ants they waited silently smelling the air seeking out signs of what laid inside the building the Shadow elf had slipped into. They could no longer smell him, but the scent of freshly turned soil was on the wind. They would not go inside, dared not touch a single head that laid inside the tavern. Their were dead souls animated inside and the Taggagora wrogs did not like the witchery of the dead. The Vargergiest would come outside it could not stay in the tavern forever and they would wait for as long as it took.

The largest of the Taggagora Rage claw whispered into their minds and the Taggagora were reinforced with thoughts of glory, wait they would.

Nadala walked down the steps carrying her fully loaded quiver, swung over her shoulder were both bows sleek from cleaning they glinted as they caught light from the windows. She stepped outside into the brisk cold of morning. Her breath came out in visible wisps of steam, inside the stables the scent of damp hay and horse dung made her wrinkle her nose up. The Fey laid dormant, it had been at ease since they had returned from the swamp, though Nadala’s own mind had been racing. She laughed at the thought she felt threatened at her own brother as though he would harm her at any moment. Tacking her horse and her husbands she led them out from the stables and tied them to the leaning posts at the front of the tavern before venturing back inside the tavern to make the last calls to any who might care to go with her.

Feeling almost stupid for desiring urgency to fall upon those in the tavern. Nadala stood in the centre of the tavern and let out a shout to call for silence. The tavern did all eyes falling upon her she shifted feeling uncomfortable.

“Any of you who saw yesterday, will know an elf died here bringing a crystal to safety. The crystal belongs in the elvan lands of Risina it protects a spire in the Vandantie citadel. All of the most important scrolls and tomes are kept here. The crystal is meant to be the spires protector. With out it the spire may fall prey to Risina‘s enemies and the elves there could well lose a countless amount of precious information to the wrong hands. Inside the crystal there is a demi god…” Nadala paused for a moment deciding it best not to let the people know the nature of the god.

“The Taggagora Wrog clan have formed an alliance with the lady Sol who was once the keeper of the books in the spire. They want to use this crystal, no doubt against us. In the parts of land where I lived as a child it was common knowledge that the Taggagora were evil. I‘ve given my word that I will go to Risina and find a man called Victos the paladin. I‘m imploring any who can help me to come with me right now. Who knows how bad the consequences might be if we ignore the call to return the Vargergiest. Any who will help me will meet me outside.”

Nadala stepped down listening to the folk of the tavern as the murmured their thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Tavern Archive #1   Tavern Archive #1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:49 pm

Sara saw Nadala walk outside from the barn with her horses, she gave a nod and followed her inside listening to her speech. She had agreed to come along earlier, but decided if she agreed in public, others might be willing to come along.

"I will follow you and help you return the Vargergeist!"

She then briskly walked to the stables and retrieved her white horse, once in front of the tavern, she waited for Nadala and the others, staff slung over her back and a determined expression across her face. "Brother," she thought, "wherever you are, give me strength on this journey," she then whispered a prayer of hope.
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: Tavern Archive #1   Tavern Archive #1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 7:25 pm

Reede had talked only briefly with the Derian man called Erlend before the evening fell. He filled Teele and Merri in on the situation, and the both agreed to come. He felt a little guilty even for asking. He could see they relished their time alone together, and to thrust them back into a group and into more danger just didn't seem fail.

After that, he had met Raina again, and talked with her for a few minutes. He introduced her to Jak and Garus, and Jak offered her a job, which she took. Reede was slightly unsettled by the longing he glimpsed in her eyes as he said good night to her.

Teele had expected nothing less than what Reede had told him. Always there seemed to be something else demanding their attention. But Teele knew that he would have and would always treasure the memories of these past days. He hoped that they would have many more such times together.

He and Merri enjoyed a meal together, talking casually and quietly before retiring upstairs to bed.

Dane was able at last to relax, enjoying Astrid's quiet, easy presence and her occaisional lovely voice as they sat together. The thoughts of doubt faded away; the worries of the future becoming as nothing.

When at last, they said good night, Dane went away with a smile on his face.

Reede awoke the next morning alongside his wife, and was right there with her as she spoke to the others of their mission. She had led their horses out of the stable, and they stood ready to leave.
Back to top Go down
Fayte
Master Gamer
Fayte

Female Number of posts : 722
Prestige : 1
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Tavern Archive #1   Tavern Archive #1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 5:53 am

The only reason why she was going was because of Rhue. She needed to be there to either stop him from attacking his sister or to helpprotect him. Fayte just wasn't sure if it would be to protect him from himself.

So with her bags packed, her sword cleaned and sharp, her horse at the ready, Fayte joined them. She was mildly hoping that she wouldn't be getting hit with an arrow this time.
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

PostSubject: Re: Tavern Archive #1   Tavern Archive #1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:49 am

Erlend and the man who called himself Reede hd spoken only a short while when one of the women took the floor. She said something about a clan, a lady of some sort, and although none of it made sense, her voice was urgent. Apparently, something needed to be brought somewhere. Apparently, there was going to be fighting.

And where there was battle, there was a chance on a honourable death.

Reede bade him goodnight, and went upstairs with the woman. He had chosen her, apparently. Good for them. Yet even though he tried to dismiss the way they looked at each other as they went up the stair as folly, it still stung. Memories of Inga started to rise, but he washed them down with whatever liquid Jak placed in front of him. He eventually asked for a room, his mind somewhat dulled by the alcohol.

The bed was to small, the room to hot, but still it felt comfortable, more comfortable then sleeping below stars he didn’t recognise. Breakfast was simple, yet tasteful, better then the travelling rations he had been living on. Things were good. Well, at least better then they had been a few days ago.
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

Male Number of posts : 771
Prestige : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Tavern Archive #1   Tavern Archive #1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 11:57 am

Timbur woke to a beautiful morning from his customary nightly binge. It hit him harder once he was getting back to his normal mindstate than when he was defiling himself in the first place. He had a crick in his neck, he stifled a yawn and rolled his neck around to achieve some sort of comfort.

He chose to forgo the current quest of the tavern dwellers. He wished them the best of luck and a safe return as he groggily got to the watering hole for a beverage to start the day. His head was low, his eyelids were even lower, another yawn was passed. With almost no recollection, he ordered ale and a tankard was placed before him.

No one in sight, as if that stopped him before. Timbur was a volume drinker whether or not he had company, so the loneliness didn't even bother him much. He gave his braids a harsh tug to wake himself up before breaking bread to break the fast.
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: Tavern Archive #1   Tavern Archive #1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:24 pm

Dane had heard the following morning Nadala's explanation of the quest she would embark on, and most of the patrons made up their minds to follow. The Warryn brothers never hesitated, and Reede came to him and asked if he'd be joining them.

Dane considered it long, wishing to; knowing that it was the right thing to do. But Risina was very far south, and would take him a long way from Raytha and the coast where he had been told to wait.

That, and the gravity of the last task still weighed heavy on him.

But more than anything, it didn't appear that Astrid was going. And the compelling reluctance he felt to leave her presence was very strong. It was rare for him to actually wish to remain idle, and for him to grow attached to any one place or person. And so, the feeling was surprising, even to him.

But without it, he still had ample reason not to go. He was still, essentially, on call. And if his superiors needed him, they had to know where to find him. And if they needed him urgently, it wouldn't help that he was in Risina.

And so, he smiled at Reede and shook his head.

"It would be an honor to ride with you again. But I must remain for a time." There was no grudging in Reede's glance as they left.

Dane watched them from the tavern's door as they rode off into the distance. He then walked back into the building, and did something he hadn't been able to do for months. He shrugged off his bow and quiver, unclasped his sword, and laid the weapons on the table where he had been sitting.

He then looked to the bartender as he sunk into one of the chairs by the fireplace.

"Jak, would you bring me some tea, please?"
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Celestial Gamer
Blossom

PostSubject: Re: Tavern Archive #1   Tavern Archive #1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:47 pm

Astrid stumbled down the stairs the next morning just as Nadala was explaining the mission she was to embark on, and requesting aid. For a few moments Astrid hesitated, but the departing group didn't seem too bothered whether she joined them or not and, more importantly, her shoulder hadn't healed yet and she would be more of a liability to them than a help.

So, she made the decision to stay and big them an aimiable goodbye and luck on their quest.

As they left, she made her way over to the bar. Out of the corner of her eye she noticed Dane sat in one of the chairs by the fireside, and realised he was staying behind as well. She tried to ignore the feeling of abashed pleasure that realisation brought.

"Morning Jak," she greeted the barman with a smile.

"Morning, Astrid. Staying a bit longer, are you?"

"I think so. Can't really defend myself properly just now." She indicated her injured shoulder, still strapped up. "So if you don't mind, I'll stay until it's a bit better."

"Of course I don't mind, lass. So long as I get paid," he grinned and winked. "Now, what can I get you?"

"Tea, please."

As the barkeep disappeared to fill her order, Astrid glanced back over her shoulder at Dane. The friendship that seemed to be growing between them was still confusing to her, but she supposed that, given time, she would come to understand it. Until then, "Good morning, Dane."
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: Tavern Archive #1   Tavern Archive #1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:58 pm

Dane sipped the hot, bittersweet liquid in the cup, savoring it as he held it on his tongue. He allowed himself, for this once, to relax, sinking into the chair. He realized then just how tense he kept himself. Even sleep was more something that needed to be done, than something that actually helped. Despite himself, and his wanderlust, it would be good to be able to rest for a few days.

Dane was suddenly intently aware of Astrid's presence, and of her voice as she spoke to Jak; and then to him.

"Good morning, Dane."

"Good morning, Astrid." He said, smiling up at her, meeting her eyes.

"A strange irony, that the two wanderers elect to remain idle while their group goes off adventuring." He took another sip of his tea.

"Would you care to sit? For once it seems, we're in no hurry, and we have no distractions to interrupt. Such times seem to be rare of late."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tavern Archive #1   Tavern Archive #1 - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tavern Archive #1
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next