Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"whatcha doing?" type thingie

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fluxhavok
Super Gamer
Fluxhavok

Male Number of posts : 324
Prestige : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-24

"whatcha doing?" type thingie Empty
PostSubject: "whatcha doing?" type thingie   "whatcha doing?" type thingie Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 6:13 pm

Member how on "the site that shall not be named" they had that feature where you could click on someone's name and find out what their looking at and how long they've been idle and whatnot? Can we do that here? I don't know how forums work or if we'd have to shell out cash for something like that.

I just thought it was neat to be able to see if someone was about to post or not, or to know if someone had been idle for a while and was obviously away from computer, or busy looking at something else.
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Male Number of posts : 2410
Prestige : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: "whatcha doing?" type thingie   "whatcha doing?" type thingie Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 6:18 pm

Well, as handy as that is, I'd probably need to actually HAVE the PHP code available to me to make that happen; what you see is what you get. It's for reasons like this I'm seriously considering moving us over to my personal domain, where I'm playing around with a raw implementation of the forum software used to build this site. Moving there would mean we own everything; the databases, the code, everything. And I could change and add junk at will wherever I wanted.

But! There are a couple tips you can use to see if somebody's on. If you go to the Statistics tab when viewing their profile, you can see what their last action was. Also, people only show up in the 'Who's Online' list if they've done something in the last five minutes. Not as great as an actual 'whatcha doing' thinger, but helps slightly. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://rpcentral.forumotion.net
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Female Number of posts : 1886
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: "whatcha doing?" type thingie   "whatcha doing?" type thingie Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 6:19 pm

hey that was good for RPG's on the "unnamable forums" you could figure out if they were ready to post or just fooling around LOL it made my life easier anyway
Back to top Go down
Fluxhavok
Super Gamer
Fluxhavok

PostSubject: Re: "whatcha doing?" type thingie   "whatcha doing?" type thingie Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:14 pm

@teele-

I understood the last sentence in the first paragraph, and all of the second one. Very Happy It's not that big a deal, we don't need to switch sites over it. Just thought i'd suggest it in hopes that it was an easy task to accomplish. Thanks for answerin', brah.

Oh, and thanks for the tip!
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: "whatcha doing?" type thingie   "whatcha doing?" type thingie Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:31 pm

No probs, dude! That alone isn't quite the only reason I wanna switch over, but hey. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

Female Number of posts : 1514
Prestige : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: "whatcha doing?" type thingie   "whatcha doing?" type thingie Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:40 pm

Switching is tempting, though...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://ginnyshoestrings.wordpress.com/
Fluxhavok
Super Gamer
Fluxhavok

PostSubject: Re: "whatcha doing?" type thingie   "whatcha doing?" type thingie Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:51 pm

i wouldn't mind it. seems like i good idea if you would have more creative control.
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: "whatcha doing?" type thingie   "whatcha doing?" type thingie Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 8:00 pm

We'll see how it rolls. A move would constitute both major pros and one very major con. I'm slowly hacking on the potential new spot. There'll be lots of warning if we ever actually go through with it though. Smile
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

Male Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: "whatcha doing?" type thingie   "whatcha doing?" type thingie Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:13 pm

when i first read this title, i thought twitter... thank goodness i was wrong...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "whatcha doing?" type thingie   "whatcha doing?" type thingie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"whatcha doing?" type thingie
Page 1 of 1