Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What's cooking?

Go down 
+10
Fluxhavok
67Kangaroos
Mike Nemesis
Foxee
A.Mouse
Blossom
CommonGoods
Jade DragonSpectre
Teele
chad.sims2
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
chad.sims2
Celestial Gamer
chad.sims2

Male Number of posts : 1030
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-26

What's cooking? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 5:37 pm

Tuna Cassarole (Super simple cassarole!)

Tuna
cream of mushroom
Peas

And realy I swear you just eat that it'll taste good. Really it will, though Teele's sounds tastier.
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

Female Number of posts : 1514
Prestige : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Dagwood would be proud...   What's cooking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 10:49 am

I made an amazing, fantastic, epic meal last night. We ate it too quickly for a picture. So instead here's the two-handed sandwich I just made which was also absolutely fabulous. Yep, ate the whoooole thing:

What's cooking? - Page 2 Dagwood
Back to top Go down
http://ginnyshoestrings.wordpress.com/
CDRW
Advanced Gamer
CDRW

Male Number of posts : 142
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 10:55 am

You jerk. Now I'm going to have to go out and buy something to eat.
Back to top Go down
http://nameofcuriosity.blogspot.com
Jade DragonSpectre
Celestial Gamer
Jade DragonSpectre

Female Number of posts : 806
Prestige : 8
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 11:21 am

Niiiiiiiice, Fox. Shocked

Looks awesome ;D
Back to top Go down
67Kangaroos
Super Gamer
67Kangaroos

Female Number of posts : 276
Prestige : 5
Registration date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 6:04 pm

i just ate... .... now i'm hungry again, foxee!
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Celestial Gamer
Blossom

Female Number of posts : 865

PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 9:42 am

It was my grandmother's 80th birthday yesterday, and we had a family party. For it I made a huge big chocolate cake and a lime-and-ginger cheesecake that my granny loves. Took the better part of five hours on my feet but I think it was worth it!

What's cooking? - Page 2 Pics025

What's cooking? - Page 2 Pics026

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:11 am

Oh those look good, Blossom! Could I get you to share the cheesecake recipe? That sounds very unique.
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Male Number of posts : 2410
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:38 am

-drools-

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://rpcentral.forumotion.net
Blossom
Celestial Gamer
Blossom

Female Number of posts : 865

PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:45 am

Very Happy Sure thing Fox!

Base:-

6oz crushed ginger snaps
3oz butter (or 1 1/2oz butter, 1 1/2 oz margarine)

Line 8-inch loose-bottomed tin with foil. Melt butter in pan and add ginger snaps. Press into tin and leave to cool.

Filling:-

I packet dream topping
4 fluid oz milk
2 1/2 oz sieved icing sugar
Juice of 5 fresh limes
8 oz (250g) curd or cream cheese

Make up dream topping with milk as directed. Mix together with icing sugar and lime juice. Beat cheese well with processor, then beat into dream topping mix. Pour onto base and refrigerate until firm. Remove from foil onto serving plate.

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:48 am

beautiful! Looks simple, too. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Fayte
Master Gamer
Fayte

Female Number of posts : 722
Prestige : 1

PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 11:04 am

Yummo!

I made Rissoles and Potatoe bake tonight. I actually put effort into it and did up properly so i was pretty happy with myself. But there's only 2 of us in this household so guess what's for lunch tomorrow? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 11:09 am

Rissoles?
Back to top Go down
Fayte
Master Gamer
Fayte

Female Number of posts : 722

PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 11:15 am

LOL um... like meat patties. I just mix a whole bunch of stuff in a bowl with some minced meat, breadcrumbs, parsley, (herbs if I can be bothered), finly diced capsicum and onion, grated carrot, a couple of eggs, tomatoe sauce, bbq sauce, some whishtochere (sp?) sauce, soy sauce then you simply roll them into a ball then squash them into 1cm thick patties (does that make sense?) A lot goes in them but it turns out a lot yummier than it sounds! haha. I was thinking that I should of taken a photo and stuck up here.
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:40 pm

Thought I'd post what I had for lunch today. Note that the measurements are approximations only; mix and match and add and subtract to your heart's content!

Crab-Artichoke Dip

1 1/2 cups - chopped pickled artichoke hearts
1 can - crab or lobster meat
1/4 cup - mayonnaise
1/2 cup - grated cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients except cheese in an oven-safe dish. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes. Eat with tortilla chips (my favorite) or crackers. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:54 pm

Oh, that sounds like a flat version of meatballs, kinda, Fayte. And sounds good! I made Jelly BBQ'd meatballs with garlic three-rice mix and green beans for lunch yesterday. There were no leftovers.

MMM...The crab artichoke dip looks good. I'ma have to try that.
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384

PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 2:32 pm

Something with a lot of garlic. A LOT of garlic. Drunk a bottle of cidre with it.

Right now, I'm bathing in a glorious mixture of smells and alcohol. No posts for me, out of fear my characters sound like I feel. G'night, CG out.
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 8:31 am

Patriotic Pancakes

What's cooking? - Page 2 PancakesWFruit

These are No-Measure Whole Grain Pancakes (super easy) with blueberries added because I love blueberry pancakes.

They're topped with butter then a mixture of the blueberries I didn't use, a sliced banana, several sliced strawberries and a little honey. We added a little ground flaxseed meal for the Omega-3 fatty acids, too, which is a really simple way to get some good nutrition...I just keep a big shaker of the flaxseed meal in my freezer and shake it on nearly everything.

The kids wolfed them down. I ate too much. Very Happy Life is good with pancakes.

sunny
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 8:44 am

-drools- That just looks amazing.
Back to top Go down
67Kangaroos
Super Gamer
67Kangaroos

PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 3:41 pm

*drools*..... *drools more*..... ..... GIMME THE PANCAKE! .... *incapacitated and still drooling*
Back to top Go down
67Kangaroos
Super Gamer
67Kangaroos

PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 6:17 pm

i cooked something new! and it's gooooooood Very Happy

Roo's Newly Famous Ham and Asparagus Shroomy Pasta-ness

3/4 bag of bow tie pasta
A bunch of asparagus
Some chopped ham (i bought it from the store like that)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
A lil' bit of butter
Some pepper if it pleases you

Cook the pasta, throwing in the asparagus about 8 minutes before the pasta is done. Dump the mushroom soup, milk, cheese, butter and ham into another pan and stir and stuff... Connect the two groups of ingredients in a fantasmic display of wonder and awe. Eat blissfully. (Prep time: 5 min Cook time: 15)

Roo's Roasty Broccoli

A heckload of broccoli
Clove or two of garlic, minced
A few teaspoons olive oil
Pinch or two of salt
Pinch or two of pepper
Lemon juice

Preheat oven to 400 or 450 or something. Mix garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss broccoli in the mix. Get jiggy with it. Put it in a pan and roast it for a whiiiiiiiile. Anywhere between 20 and 50 minutes should do it. After it cooks, get the lemon juice involved, to taste. Eat.
Back to top Go down
chad.sims2
Celestial Gamer
chad.sims2

Male Number of posts : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 6:30 pm

Roo shrooms are bad for you. Very Happy Though it explains alot.

Anywho, new avatar?
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 6:06 am

Roo! Oh. My. Gosh. Those look amazing...I think I may make the Heckload of Broccoli today because I really love roasty broccoli. Sick person that I am, I put it on pizza. Sick people that my family are, they love it and complain if I leave it off. *shrugs* Bow to the inevitability of broccoli!

But now! For the Main Event of this post! Drumroll please...

Taco Popcorn Snack Mix
(a completely customizable recipe)

about 3 quarts of popped popcorn (a big bowl full)
several large handfuls of plain Cheerios
a generous handful or two of sunflower seeds or peanuts
1/4 C. (2 oz.) butter, melted
1 envelope taco seasoning (I used Old El Paso low-sodium and it was plenty salty)

Heat oven to 250 degrees F. (120 C. or gas mark 1/2) Line a big square pan (with sides) with wax paper or parchment. If you don't have either one, don't worry about it, but it does help with cleanup and you keep more of the good stuff on the snack mix until the miracle happens.

Combine the popcorn, Cheerios, and seeds or nuts in the prepared pan. Melt butter, add taco mix to it, and pour all over the dry ingredients. Try not to eat it all right then...it really does get better with toasting.

Bake for about 45 mins, stirring it all around occasionally. Enjoy!

I used what I had on hand but you can substitute whatever other plain (non sugary) cereal that suits your fancy. Chex are always good. Same with nuts or seeds...use whatever you have/like. You could also add pretzels to this.
Back to top Go down
67Kangaroos
Super Gamer
67Kangaroos

PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 5:55 pm

woooo! cooked again and it was goooooooooooot! yum, yum, yum, yum *dances of the yum*

Roo’s Awesome Asiany Beef Stir-Fry

9 tablespoons soy sauce
5 tablespoons red wine of your choice (if you would drink it, use that one. don't use a nasty-tasting wine... for obvious reasons)
3 tablespoons brown sugar
maybe a lil’ flour
olive oil
1 teaspoon ginger, minced
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 onion, sliced
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 cup snow peas
some green onions, if you want
some beef, cut into thin strips

In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, wine and brown sugar and set aside. Heat oil, stir-fry garlic, ginger and onion. Add beef and stir-fry until browned. Add mushrooms, then snow peas and green onions. Add the sauce and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer. If you want thicker sauce, stir some flour into water then pour in. Serve over white rice (makes plenty of sauce). Yum.
Back to top Go down
Honorius
Master Gamer
Honorius

Male Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 6:10 pm

Honorius's super simple treat stolen from Australia.

Fairy Bread

I learned how to make this while in Australia with People to People Student Ambassador program a few years ago. Yummy

1 slice of white bread
Margarine (butter works, but margarine is preferred)
Sprinkles (the kind you find by the cake and cupcake mix. I prefer the rainbow dinosaurs Very Happy)

Take the slice of bread and spread a thin layer of margarine over it. Just enough to cover it, although it's okay if you put more. Next pour the sprinkles onto a plate and pat the buttered bread in the sprinkles. The sprinkles should stick to the margarine, if they don't, you put on too much margarine. If the margarine gets all over the place, you used too much. When you feel the bread has been sufficiently covered in sprinkles, you're done! Enjoy your classic treat eaten by poor Australian children during WWII.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's cooking?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplayers Central :: The Lounge :: General Chat-
Jump to: