Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What's cooking?

Go down 
+10
Fluxhavok
67Kangaroos
Mike Nemesis
Foxee
A.Mouse
Blossom
CommonGoods
Jade DragonSpectre
Teele
chad.sims2
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chad.sims2
Celestial Gamer
chad.sims2

Male Number of posts : 1030
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-26

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: What's cooking?   What's cooking? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 3:55 pm

Ok everyone, it may come off as strange but I love cooking, at least when I don't have to do it.

So this thread for all of you house wives, and want to be chiefs to put down what it is you are cooking.

Just got done making home made chicken pot pie with extra chicken peices.

Going to be making some sauce to simmer from my mothers recipe but changing out ground beef for chicken for half of it so that I can have some chicken Penee (really good) or spegeti depending on my mood. Got some freash garlic loaves and onions, a bit of freash mint leaves just for the smell. MMmmm, Oh and my pot pie came out awsome!

(I know I'm weird jocolor)
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Male Number of posts : 2410
Prestige : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-07

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

You ain't the only one buddy!

In fact, I enjoy cooking myself, though it sounds like you're way farther ahead of the game than I am. Funny you should mention this now, though. My fam's been gone for the past week+ and I've been cooking for me and my brother. Just doing simple stuff so far; make a god vegetable stew, cut up buffalo round steak and a bunch of veggies with some oregano and made it pretty good.

Another night was chicken quesadillas which weren't as great; could have done better there.

The most recent concoction was a bean chili over rice. That was good. Still have some in the freezer, in fact. Might break that out for lunch tomorrow.

So yeah, you're not the only guy who likes to break out the culinary skills once in a while. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://rpcentral.forumotion.net
Jade DragonSpectre
Celestial Gamer
Jade DragonSpectre

Female Number of posts : 806
Prestige : 8
Registration date : 2009-01-24

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 12:09 pm

Chicken pot pie? Shocked Buffalo steak? pale Penee? No Fresh mint leaves...? Razz

Cook? scratch

Maybe this could double up as a recipe thread too? :p Sounds like I (hopefully) have a lot to learn in a short amount of time. I made spaghetti hoops and toast for my lunch today. I made a ham and mushroom omelette once as well. I do like to cook, I just don't get to do so often.
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 12:22 pm

A pizza.

And another pizza.

Simplicty is a beautiful thing.
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Celestial Gamer
Blossom

Female Number of posts : 865

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 12:29 pm

.... I pour a damn good bowl of cereal?
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 1:10 pm

CommonGoods wrote:
A pizza.

And another pizza.

Simplicty is a beautiful thing.

Always a good 'when in doubt' backup, I freely admit. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

Male Number of posts : 1739
Prestige : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-31

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 1:16 pm

Just finished making an omelette. I love making omelettes because there are so many things you can put in them. I usually just open the fridge, see what's there, and immediately think "omelette time!"

Today's special included bacon, tomato slices, minced onions, and pepper jack cheese. I probably should've drained the pan after cooking the bacon (it came out a little greasy). And there were some red peppers in the fridge that I regret not adding. But it still came out really good. Very Happy Live and learn. That's the best part about cooking.
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 2:00 pm

I wish I could agree. The learning part can be hazardous, especialy when it concerns my little sister, an open flame, a pan full of water and two boxes of macaroni.

I learned a few new tricks that day.

And yeah, pizza is a good back up. Personally I'm not much of an omelette-guy; I prefer Italian. But to tell you the truth, I hate cooking for dinner's sake. If I'm cooking, I'm cooking for the cooking. If that makes any sense.
Back to top Go down
chad.sims2
Celestial Gamer
chad.sims2

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 2:47 pm

OK I heard a recipe request.

Pot Pie:

Stuff to get:
two small cans of cream of chicken soup
two frozen pie crusts (Must be frozen because they start off soft) (Make sure to thaw before starting to make pie)
boneless chicken breast
frozen mixed vegestables (Keep frozen until you put in pie... do not thaw)

Directions:
Cut up the chicken breast into small peices (According to prefferance I cut mine big)

Fry the chicken in a frying pan until fully cooked take one of the pie crusts and put the cooked chicken into the bottom. Take the frozen vegi's and put them over the chicken fill to the brim (Don't think that is the right term).

Now take the cream of chicken and put as much on it as possible, use a knife to spread and push it into the vegi's. once you get that done take the second pie crust, remove from the tin then put over the other pressing the edges togeather so that it is sealed. Then all you have left to do is preheat the oven to 350 and put it in for about 50 minutes. Very Happy remove and eat. Very Happy

Any questions?
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

Female Number of posts : 1514
Prestige : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-10

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 4:02 pm

I actually like to cook but tonight I'm making myself a small sub (sandwich, hero, whatever) with everything on a wheat roll, dripping with Italian dressing. To drink, a fine white milk with one ice cube.
Back to top Go down
http://ginnyshoestrings.wordpress.com/
Teele
Admin
Teele

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 4:55 pm

Chad, my brother says you're awesome and we're gonna try your pot pie idea tomorrow night. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chad.sims2
Celestial Gamer
chad.sims2

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 6:59 pm

Woot Teal's broder thinks I'm awesome! LOL but ya the pie is ez to make but don't take the time I put to seriously, keep an eye for it to turn golden brown on top and that means it is done. Also I forgot to mention that you should poke holes in the top with a fork to keep it from forming bubbles. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Celestial Gamer
Blossom

Female Number of posts : 865

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:54 pm

I actually cooked tonight. This is a pretty rare occurance. My general definition of cooking is "take out of packaging and put in oven/microwave".

But tonight I donned an apron, cried profusely as I chopped up some onions, burnt one finger and cooked a prawn and pepper pilaff for myself and my parents, and it turned out pretty darned nicely Very Happy

Thank heavens for step-by-step illustrated recipes!
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

Male Number of posts : 500
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-27

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 3:33 pm

Blossom mad tip i picked up whilst at uni if you put a spoon in your mouth whilst cutting up onions you don''t seem to cry but people who see you do gey a gd laugh out of it lol but its ok since it became a wide spread phenomenon in my halls of residence in our social group. Don't ask me how it works though it just does lol

I made lasagne today itss one of my favourite dishes and conveniantly one of my familys favs as well. Lots of mushrooms and a bit of thyme and sage to add some more flavour. I'd recomend it. It's fairly simple and not to much preparation.
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

Male Number of posts : 1739
Prestige : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-31

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:38 pm

Mike Nemesis wrote:
...put a spoon in your mouth whilst cutting up onions you don''t seem to cry...

Hmmm, never heard of that one, lol. I usually just turn on the stove burner while I'm cutting. If you're cutting near the stove, it will gets rid of the fumes. Running really hot water if you're cutting near the sink seems to work too, but isn't quite as effective.
Back to top Go down
67Kangaroos
Super Gamer
67Kangaroos

Female Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-06-16

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 6:37 pm

woohoo~ cooking. about this time last year, the best i could do was cup ramen Very Happy but i can make an awesome chicken marsala now! only made it once so far and messed it up just a smidge, but only because i didn't cook out all the alcohol. no one complained Smile speaking of which... i think it's cocktail hour... (also, i've been telling everyone about cooking chicken marsala, so you've probably heard me say it before - de. ja. vu.)
Back to top Go down
Fluxhavok
Super Gamer
Fluxhavok

Male Number of posts : 324
Prestige : 2

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 7:49 pm

Making herb chicken and fries right now... it's simple and delicious

take about 8-10 chicken thighs, 2 tbsp fresh chopped oregano, 1/2 tbsp chopped red onion, 2 tbsp fresh chopped rosemary, 2 tbsp frosh chopped garlic, 1/2 cup EVOO, about 8 small red potatoes, salt and peppa and a large bowl.

chop small red potatoes into quarters or eighths, chop spices and put in a small bowl, then take the EVOO, the thighs and the potatoes and throw em in the large bowl and mix until fully coated, then slowly mix in all the spices. once it's all evenly distributed throw it n the oven for an hour at 375. make sure to preheat. baste a couple of times during the process.

bam!!

fries and chicken without messy potato frying and great tasting chicken without all the marinating.

2 servings... if you're like me and have a thyroid problem that requires you to eat a crapload of food everyday to mantain your weight.

4-5 servings otherwise. refrigerates great. i like to eat it wth caesar salad.
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Female Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2009-01-18

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 7:55 pm

I love cooking soups!!
Back to top Go down
67Kangaroos
Super Gamer
67Kangaroos

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:22 pm

mmm... those fries sound good fluxhavok~!

and i overeat (severely, but not as much as i used to, i guess) so it works as 2 servings to me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chad.sims2
Celestial Gamer
chad.sims2

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 1:03 pm

So teele how'd your pot pie turn out?
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 4:41 pm

lol! Actually didn't get around to it; the folks got back too soon and I was kicked from kitched duty. Razz Definitely still would like to give it a try, though!
Back to top Go down
Jade DragonSpectre
Celestial Gamer
Jade DragonSpectre

Female Number of posts : 806

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 10:34 am

I made pizza yesterday, and since it's been a while and I have no symptoms of food poisoning, I thought I should start showing off...

So here it is:

What's cooking? Pizza1

Pretty damn good huh? Very Happy I even made the dough. And yes, there are enough toppings, thanks Razz. It would have been more symmetrical but my mum was choosy and said she didn't want chicken.

Sorry, don't know how to resize the pic, but I'm sure you don't mind that much. *walks away and slips in the drool*
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

Female Number of posts : 1514
Prestige : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-10

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 10:35 am

oh my gosh that looks good!

*contributes to drool puddle*
Back to top Go down
http://ginnyshoestrings.wordpress.com/
67Kangaroos
Super Gamer
67Kangaroos

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 4:31 pm

*drools* .... .... *tries to eat computer screen*
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 8:09 pm

Okay, just made a super-easy, super-good casserole. Here it is:

1 cup milk
1 can condensed cream of chicken (or cream of mushroom) soup
1 1/2 cup elbow macaroni
1 cup grated cheese
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1 cup diced cooked chicken breast

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Place in a casserole pan. Bake for one hour.

That's it. Enjoy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's cooking?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplayers Central :: The Lounge :: General Chat-
Jump to: