Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dungeons and Dragons

Go down 
+5
Darkthought
Deathblade
CommonGoods
Mike Nemesis
iMazed
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
iMazed
Super Gamer
iMazed

Female Number of posts : 319
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:18 am

*coughs* /off-topic? Laughing

I've found some pre-made adventures, so we could do those without having to put one together ourselves. We just need a DM... *flusters eyelashes at GC*
Back to top Go down
http://www.booksie.com/imazed
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:20 am

How can I resist?

Although we'll need to decide what programs etc to use first. Once all of that is out of the way, we'll decide on these mundane topics.
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Male Number of posts : 2410
Prestige : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:21 am

lol! Yeeah, sorry about that. Very Happy

Yeah, I'd nominate CG, too. I'd like to get invovled, but I may not be able to in-depth for another two weeks. Got some exams to do, and some work to finish up.

But I'll look into some options, and maybe if we're ready by then, we can swing something. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://rpcentral.forumotion.net
iMazed
Super Gamer
iMazed

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:26 am

Tsk tsk, did I just had to correct you on forum behaviour Teele? Razz lol!

If I'm not mistaken GC is also busy with exams, so I'm guessing we'll have to wait a little anyways.
I'll read the Dungeon Master manual in the mean time, or at least I'll give it a try. Since I have time to write, I'll see if I can put some stuff together, okies?
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:52 am

Well, offcialy, I got no time for the comming three months.

On paper, that is.

The reaily will probably be that I have seas of time, starting in three weeks. So By that time I'll start PMing/doing research.

@iMazed; What adventure do you got? (Since I really enjoyed Wreck Ashore and A dark and stormy knight)
Back to top Go down
iMazed
Super Gamer
iMazed

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:32 pm

Ah, well those are the ones I found Razz didn't know they were known to others as well Razz We could do those, and give it a little twist of our own. I'll let you do that, seeing as I know jack about it ^_^
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

Male Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2009-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 7:56 pm

Welll officially I'm free as of wednesay night for about 6-8n weeks although I've been celebrating the fact I met my psychology deadline 2day i swear i haven't spent almost the last 12 hours in the pub lol Razz if you can put up with training a newbie this concept sounds really interesting especially with the gaining interest.
Back to top Go down
iMazed
Super Gamer
iMazed

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:47 am

Well that was the whole idea, seeing as I don't know much about it either. Well a little more now I've read some stuff, but the game needs to be played in order to understand it.

Tsk tsk, mondays in a pub, shame on you Mike Razz lol
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:22 am

Is there anyone who doesn't have the Core Rulebooks that would still like to play but doesn't want to spend tons on the books? Because if you go here, you can download the D&D 3.5 System Reference Document; which contains all the base rules. It's dry, because it has no art or flavor text; but it will teach you generally how to play.

Also, even if you have the Core books, might be a good idea to scope this out anyway, since it contains info on psionics, epic levels, and divine abilities. Wink
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:31 am

yeah, the best way to learn comes from the saying "learn by doing."
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 1:09 pm

Psionics... *shivers*

Horribly confusing imho, never used it. It's magic, except that it isn't...

Ok ok, I'll go and study it bounce
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 1:50 pm

lol! Yeah, it's seperate from magic, except its like Mind Powers. Very Happy The only difference I can see between it and magic is that it uses power points, as opposed to spells per day. I actually like the power points concept better; I find the spell slot thing is really restrictive.
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:43 am

Hey guys,

Looking at OpenRPG right now, and I gotta say; it looks REALLY cool. Very Happy I would most definitely consider it as an option. Not quite done looking through the features, but so far, looks excellent.
Back to top Go down
iMazed
Super Gamer
iMazed

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:20 am

Hum yeah, but do we have to pay? I saw something about premium membership n stuff... Not really feeling that to be honest.

And eh guys, shall we keep it basic for starters? I can't really start anything new if I don't get the previous Razz
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:34 am

Nope! As far as I can see, this entire project is Open Source; meaning that it's all completely free and we could even go in and modify the source code if we were feeling bold. There may be a premium membership for his website, but not to use and download the software.

I'll keep checking out features and then maybe recruit one of you to help me test-drive it a little. Smile
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:35 am

Hmmm, open RPG looks pretty nice really.

Anything you can tell us about Python, Teele? (Bit uncertain about those type of programs)
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:40 am

Python is a interpreted programming/scripting language, widely used for writing small routines within programs. You'll see it in a lot of the new games that come out that boast customization. You can write new scripts, or modify existing ones to change game behavior.

An 'interpreted' language means you can write your script, save it, and run it. No compilation or headaches needed.

To translate all of that into English: Python is a Good Thing and you may already have it. If not, installing is free, quick, and easy, and it'll get used by more than one program.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:43 am

Ok, that was awesome Razz

Remind me that the next time I have computer difficulties/questions, I PM you bounce
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:46 am

lol! Feel free, mate!

Though, if you run Windows Vista, I may not be able to help you... Very Happy

Anyway! To avoid trailing off-topic again, and since we have some time to kill on this thread...

anyone have any D&D war stories? Good games played? Bad games played? Funnest moment?
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:50 am

DM set up a storyline in which we had to save some person. He was held in a village, and was to be excecuted. In order to save him, we had to travel to some cave, kill te real baddy, get back.

The Neutral Evil Gnome Wizard did not agree.

He held a meeting in te local in, excused himself, and proceeded to place a firewall around the inn, after which he send several fireballs in to ensure mayhem. Everyone died, we went in, found the charred remains of the person we were to save and had our druid reincarnate him.
Back to top Go down
iMazed
Super Gamer
iMazed

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:22 pm

Haha ^_^ Sounds like fun. Maybe a little update on what OpenRPG entrails? And what is Phyton...? Well obviously I know it's one HUGE snake, but what does it do on your computer?
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:37 pm

Oh snap you have to download things. That is going to be very complicated for me, I have no internet service on my comp upstairs, my parents won't get me a laptop, and my dad is very iffy on downloading software, especially since we've been having problems with our home computer.
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:43 pm

lol! Nice. When I played with my stepbrother, I tended not to stay confined to just the generic fantasy setting. I kinda created my own, with a bunch of custom rules that were a lot of fun. We did a rather memorable tale of a half-elf who had grown up in high-elven culture, fell in love with a woman who betrayed him to his rival. We began the campaign as he was fleeing a castle, and from there we ended up with a town drunk, a duelist chick (whom my MC later fell for), and another warrior dude.

Very Happy And Python is a scripting language that other software writers use in their programs. I responded to a similar question by CG up a few posts.

And, for trivia; Python is actually not referring to the snake, but the individual bearing that name, whose first name happens to be Monty. Wink
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:45 pm

And as for the networking constraints, DB, it would likely be extremely difficult to do a D&D game without some external software...

Still, we'll see what happens and what works. I'm liking what I've seen of OpenRPG so far.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:32 pm

well good luck to you guys. I'm off to work and won't be on till around 7:00, the least considering I still have homework.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dungeons and Dragons
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next