Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dungeons and Dragons

Go down 
+5
Darkthought
Deathblade
CommonGoods
Mike Nemesis
iMazed
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
iMazed
Super Gamer
iMazed

Female Number of posts : 319
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Dungeons and Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 3:26 pm

Ok, so here's a funny fact about iMazed: I have the Players, Monster and Dungeon Master Manuals and have never played or even completely finished a character. How horribly bad is that!

So I was wondering if there might be people interested in maybe setting up a group over the internet? Just a thought really, but it would really help me to gain some insight in the game. I for one have a webcam and a mic and skype has a conference call function.

Let me know Smile I think it could be a lot of fun!
Back to top Go down
http://www.booksie.com/imazed
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

Male Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2009-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 3:28 pm

I have no how clue how to play it but sounds like it could be interesting
Back to top Go down
iMazed
Super Gamer
iMazed

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 3:36 pm

Well there you go Razz The more the merrier.
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 3:53 pm

Interesting concept, although it would be pretty damn hard to do it over the internet (with the lack of dice). It would pretty much turn into an RPG like those we have here.

(Not to mention I would annoy the hell out of people, since I've got over four dozen D&D books with ectra rules, spells, classes and equipment. Razz)
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

Male Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2009-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 3:57 pm

Sure we could work out the dice problem fairly easy whether it be it been rolled in view of a camera or using a site or a macro. Well CG you could make sure everything runs smoothly for the people who have no clue whats going on lol
Back to top Go down
iMazed
Super Gamer
iMazed

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 4:09 pm

Hmm. I have a set of dice, I'm sure GC has too. Like I said, I have a webcam, so I could show the throws..
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 4:19 pm

Just for the sake of bragging, here's a list of D&D books I have;

Core set:
Players Handbook 3.5
Dungeonmaster Guide 3.5
Monster Manual 3.5

Complete series:
Complete Scoundrel
Complete Arcana
Complete Divine
Complete Warrior

Other hardcover:
Monster Manual II
Races of Destiny
Tome of magic

Other rulebooks:
Song and Silence
Defenders of the Faith
Masters of the Wild
Sword and Fist

Adventures:
Shadows of the Last War

Total: 15

Ok, so maybe not four dozen... but I have about fifteen more adventures on my computer, which I don't feel like naming Razz
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 5:22 pm

I got a D&D character at the Granite con, I won it as a consolation prize.
Back to top Go down
Darkthought
Super Gamer
Darkthought

Male Number of posts : 306
Prestige : 5

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:45 pm

I've played a fair share of D&D in my day. I have some compy programs for making area maps. I also believe there are numerous applications you can download. Electronic Dice is one I think.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/doomofseasons
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Female Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:02 pm

i wouldn't mind giving it a go but I have noneof the manuals and i know very little of the game. i just read the books^_^
Back to top Go down
Shadow Dragon
Master Gamer
Shadow Dragon

Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:16 am

It does sound interesting, and maybe we could set up a D&D game on here. As for the dice, we could also just use a random number generater and CG and Imazed could simply put up the rules at the beginning of the game.
Back to top Go down
CDRW
Advanced Gamer
CDRW

Male Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 7:00 am

I'm interested. I've got the 3.5 rulebook but I only got to play once. Electronic dice is best for me. It does seem like it would be awfuly slow doing it online though.
Back to top Go down
http://nameofcuriosity.blogspot.com
Teele
Admin
Teele

Male Number of posts : 2410
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 7:19 am

Hey all!

That might be an idea...there's a function on the forum to set up dice and character sheets; but it'd take a bit to do that.

Another option is a networked application I know of called Open RPG; handles everything from dice to charsheets to a little battle map...least I tihnk it does.

If you guys are interested, I can look into that for ya. Smile

Oh, and I have the 4.0 manuals, and the 3.5 SRD (the core books without any fluff). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://rpcentral.forumotion.net
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 9:07 am

alright teele, your on the ball here today. I wish you luck.
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 9:38 am

Both me and iMazed have the 3.5 Players handbook, so I think we would be playing that. 4.0 causes cold shivers to run down my spine... gnomes as monsters and tieflings as playable races... *shiver*

I'll be lloking into Open RPG... as soon as I find time. The next couple of weeks are crazy for me (school), so no new projects for the time being.
Back to top Go down
iMazed
Super Gamer
iMazed

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 9:51 am

Hmm CDRW, I think if we keep the campaigns short and set a date and time for all to join, it wouldn't be that slow. We just need some set rules about how to play.
Also, I have no problems with electronical dices. I find they're even better than the ones I have lying across my desk Razz

Oh, and I found this lovely program called Redblade. It's an awesome tool that helps noobs like me create a character! It even gives you a filled out character sheet in the end (you can print it! bounce ) so you'll always have it at the ready when you need it. Already the characters are piling up here...

I've taken a look at Open RPG, and even created an acount, but it's still a bit of a mash to my eyes. I don't really see anything else than a demo Tile Organiser (which is, to be fair, kinda cool) and Character Sheet (Redblade is better!). I can't find where we would be able to roleplay together, nor can I see dices anywhere. Maybe it's just me, but could you investigate further Teele?
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 9:58 am

I'll do that. Another REALLY good program for creating charsheets is PCGen. That's what I use. Smile Same featuers as Redblade sounds like.

It might have features that would allow us to play over the network as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 10:01 am

Funny how every tabletop game seems to be slowely converted into a digital game Razz

I feel old fashioned, but darn you all; I till prefer a piece of paper and a sharp pencil for my character sheets! bounce
Back to top Go down
iMazed
Super Gamer
iMazed

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 10:11 am

Well I can imagine that, GC, but for someone who's not made one before by hand it's nearly impossible!

And yes, I'm actually a bit sad to see so many tabletops go digital. It takes a certain vibe away from it. In this case it's quite impossible to meet each other weekly in the flesh to have a nice little campaign, so it's a good subsitute I think.
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 10:17 am

Aye, exactly. I'd love to get together with you guys and actually do a campaign in the canonical way. Very Happy Alas, with us spread throughout the earth, it becomes a bit impractical.

I have quite the dice collection of my own; and they're making a collection of their own: dust. Sad
Back to top Go down
iMazed
Super Gamer
iMazed

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 10:22 am

SEE! All the more reasons to pick them up, dust them off and start playing! bounce
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 10:25 am

LOL! I know! I need to import all you guys to Canada...
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 10:35 am

To cold. I suggest you come to the Netherlands instead! :p
Back to top Go down
iMazed
Super Gamer
iMazed

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 10:43 am

I agree Smile It's not all that warm either, but it's way better than Canada!
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:11 am

lol! Probably like taking a tropical vacation compared to what I'm used to right now. This cold is getting old quick. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dungeons and Dragons
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next