Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

When things go bad

Go down 
+4
CommonGoods
Deathblade
Fayte
iMazed
8 posters
AuthorMessage
iMazed
Super Gamer
iMazed

Female Number of posts : 319
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-29

When things go bad Empty
PostSubject: When things go bad   When things go bad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 4:16 am

Hello everyone,

As you might have noticed, I haven't been around much. I'm asking you to forgive me for not giving any notice, and I'll try to explain why I haven't written anything lately.

The thing is that I have build up some debts wile studying and traveling. I have to pay that off now by working really hard at any job I can get. Halfway through January (which is around the time I started here) I got hired for a secretarial job and I was in heaven. It was a job I loved, a full-time contract and everything, fat pay-check... I had totally figured out how I would pay off my debts and save some money for the future.

And then they screwed me over. After about a month, things started to crumble. The owners of the company started to argue and fight over everything. I was send home more and more often, and eventually they broke the news to me: the company had failed to get off the ground due to heavy fights between the owners, and they were quitting everything. It took a bit of time before I realised this would mean I would be out of a job very soon.

Since about 3 weeks I've been working and living in a state a little short of panic. I don't know when they will let me go, due to the crisis it's hard to find a new job, I can't sleep at night and if I don't find a job soon, I don't know how to pay of my debts and pay my rent. All I've done is work hard, make phonecalls and tried to fix the situation. I couldn't really find the time or the creativity to write anything. I hope you understand that I won't be around as much in the next few weeks.

After things have settled down a little, I will come back. I promise! I enjoy it way to much here to stay away.
Back to top Go down
http://www.booksie.com/imazed
Fayte
Master Gamer
Fayte

Female Number of posts : 722
Prestige : 1
Registration date : 2009-01-30

When things go bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: When things go bad   When things go bad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 5:37 am

Man, I hope your situation improves iMazed. Dont worry. Im sure you will find a job, just concentrate on earning the moula Smile
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2009-02-07

When things go bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: When things go bad   When things go bad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 5:38 am

best of luck to you.
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-24

When things go bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: When things go bad   When things go bad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 5:45 am

Thats harsh Sad Just keep hoping for the best, I'm sure things will improve. Good things happen to good people!
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

Female Number of posts : 1514
Prestige : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-10

When things go bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: When things go bad   When things go bad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 6:42 am

iMazed, that bites. It's also going to happen to just about everyone during their work life at some point. I've been laid off from most of the jobs I've ever held so I can completely understand your fears.

However, you've got some things going for you! You now have three months more experience than you previously had. You enjoyed your job (which I'm wiling to bet also means you were pretty good at it). And it's not your fault you're leaving...you aren't being fired.

So take the time you need, get the resumes and applications out there and keep your chin up! This company's loss is another company's gain...they took the time to train you and give you a start. Now someone else will have the benefit of a secretary who's already around the learning curve and only needs to adapt to their particular business.

*cheers iMaze on!*

And come back when you can. We love having you here!
Back to top Go down
http://ginnyshoestrings.wordpress.com/
Teele
Admin
Teele

Male Number of posts : 2410
Prestige : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-07

When things go bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: When things go bad   When things go bad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 6:26 pm

Definitely agreed with Fox, it's been a pleasure having you here, and there's always room for you when you can return. In the meantime, best of luck to you! As has been already said, just focus, do your best, aim high, and things will get better. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://rpcentral.forumotion.net
CDRW
Advanced Gamer
CDRW

Male Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-01-30

When things go bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: When things go bad   When things go bad Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 10:22 pm

Wow, that is quite the load of bad luck. And what a stupid reason for a company to break up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things start looking better soon.
Back to top Go down
http://nameofcuriosity.blogspot.com
iMazed
Super Gamer
iMazed

When things go bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: When things go bad   When things go bad Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 4:15 am

Well, a little update today:

Like I said, my 2 bosses can't go along well. Today is the final meeting on dividing the money and all that jazz, and with that will also come along everything that has anything to do with my contract. One of the two is on my side and has already told me that I can ask for whatever I want and he will sign. The other one (the main cause of all the problems) I'm not too sure off, and this morning things exploded. I called her to ask for some signed paper and she got so mad at me for asking, that she started yelling at me. I've never had anything like this happen to me before and I'm convinced the woman is out of her mind, crazy, a nutjob Evil or Very Mad she's made my life absolutely miserable for the past 2 weeks, and I'm happy to say today will be the last day at this office. Next week I'll have more time to write, for now I just need to calm down and get her to sign my resignationpaper. Tomorrow I will go to a little spa and get a huge treatment Very Happy I'm looking foreward to it.
Back to top Go down
iMazed
Super Gamer
iMazed

When things go bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: When things go bad   When things go bad Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 7:06 am

A cat will always land on it's feet right?

I have actually managed to get a new job within a week of having to leave! And it's a better one, too... How is that possible? An infinite amount of luck, that's what!!

Anyways, iMazed is back on the happy track again. I don't have to fuss over money any more and I will have time to spare to write loads here. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

When things go bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: When things go bad   When things go bad Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 7:11 am

Woo hoo!

Great job, iMazed! Kudos and congratulations. I am happy for you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-24

When things go bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: When things go bad   When things go bad Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 7:18 am

Told you that good things happen to good people! Very Happy

cheers bounce afro Good job (pun intended) afro bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

When things go bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: When things go bad   When things go bad Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 11:17 am

awesome, congradulations are in order, and an awesome party of drunkeness drunken
Back to top Go down
iMazed
Super Gamer
iMazed

When things go bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: When things go bad   When things go bad Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 6:23 am

Hahaha well yes. We did open a bottle of champagne Razz I am more drunk with hapiness at the moment though. Will start on monday!
Back to top Go down
jamer508
Initiate
jamer508

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-02-09

When things go bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: When things go bad   When things go bad Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 12:07 pm

My father was in the same situation almost 35 years ago. He didnt know what he was going to do and he was eating beans out of cans for almost 15 weeks. Soon after was laid off he recieved a check in the mail. This mysterious check allowed him to proceed just long enough to he next and esentially final job. He is now the Director of information and server technologies on campus at Oklahoma city community college. And well, I wouldn't be typing this message if it wasnt for him. He also was part of and orgonization that streched across the us that developed the first forums. So when you think things are bad, just know that there is someone or something thinking about you somewhere and you are never alone.
Back to top Go down
iMazed
Super Gamer
iMazed

When things go bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: When things go bad   When things go bad Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 12:54 pm

Hey Jamer, that's a story and a half! Thanks for sharing that, it gives me hope Smile It's also nice to see you appriciating your dad so much!
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

When things go bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: When things go bad   When things go bad Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 4:32 pm

My dad retired from the airforce a few years back and when he got his new job, we were making 50,000 dollars a year less. Anyways my dad got a new job just recently and we're getting back up on our feet, slowly, but surely.
Back to top Go down
iMazed
Super Gamer
iMazed

When things go bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: When things go bad   When things go bad Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 9:22 am

Whoa. It's been two months. Or more. I can't remember.

Still haven't figured things out, hope you guys haven't forgotten about me. Things are hectic and most of the time I feel too shitty to even write a sentence! Anyway, I am gonna try to get back somehow, and breathe some life into Roni Smile That is, if you'll have me back?

love,
iMazed
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

When things go bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: When things go bad   When things go bad Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 9:35 am

Hey you! Good to hear from you, but sorry things still aren't shaping up quite right. Hope that clears up for you soon!

You're absolutely welcome back! Ardus has been slow of late, and a lot of us have been busy lately. Not a whole lot going on. We're hoping within the next couple weeks activity will pick up again. Smile
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

When things go bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: When things go bad   When things go bad Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 2:17 pm

yeah, come back iMazed, we miss you so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

When things go bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: When things go bad   When things go bad Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When things go bad
Page 1 of 1