Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What inspires you?

Go down 
+5
Blossom
Garmar
Teele
Jade DragonSpectre
iMazed
9 posters
AuthorMessage
iMazed
Super Gamer
iMazed

Female Number of posts : 319
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-29

What inspires you? Empty
PostSubject: What inspires you?   What inspires you? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:52 pm

Please tell me three things that inspire you and why!

Mine:
*Starting something new, just because then all the idea's are fresh.
*A little book called '186 Idea's To Boost Your Creativity'. It sounds silly, but it's actually amazingly funny. It's gives you random lines and photo's/picture's to look at, and you get inspired to write something.
*Sitting on the toilet. It's strange but true! I get my best idea's when I'm on the toilet, because then I don't have anything else to do but stare at the door. Now you all know my deepest, darkest secret Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.booksie.com/imazed
Jade DragonSpectre
Celestial Gamer
Jade DragonSpectre

Female Number of posts : 806
Prestige : 8
Registration date : 2009-01-24

What inspires you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What inspires you?   What inspires you? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 3:12 pm

* The bus. It's the perfect chance to people watch and eavesdrop. Even if there is no one inspiring on board, you can look out of the window.

* Music (of course). Some songs just capture perfectly the mood of one of my characters and I find that listening to that song just puts me in the right mind to write about them.

* Wikipedia - I am an absolute wikipedia addict. Just surfing for ten minutes I can learn about five different things that I didn't know before, most of which will interest me and fit into a story/give me a new idea for a story.
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Male Number of posts : 2410
Prestige : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-07

What inspires you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What inspires you?   What inspires you? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 4:32 pm

- Have to agree with Jade on the music one. The depth and feel of music puts me in a beautiful frame of mind. You will notice as I continue to write in the games that I'm really big on theme songs for different scenes and characters.

- Good company; talking with some of you guys, bouncing ideas off you, and hearing your own ideas just feeds my imagination.

- Reading; I grab pieces of ideas from the things and put them together to create totally new things.
Back to top Go down
https://rpcentral.forumotion.net
Garmar
Advanced Gamer
Garmar

Male Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-01-20

What inspires you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What inspires you?   What inspires you? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 10:53 pm

Music is definitely up there. I like upbeat tunes when I'm writing and especially when I'm RPing.

Family. If I'm feeling down all I need is to remind myself that I have a great wife and son. They never fail to motivate me.

Friends, online and in RL. I have several that never fail to get my spirit on the right track.
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Celestial Gamer
Blossom

Female Number of posts : 865
Prestige : 8

What inspires you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What inspires you?   What inspires you? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 3:56 am

Good writing - reading a good book, watching a film with a good script or even some of the posts on RPGs make me think 'wow' and really inspire me to get writing and improve.

Music - music has just power, it can inspire so many emotions and scenes in my head. A lot of the time it's classical, wordless music, just the melody gets my imagination going, but other times random songs on my iPod generate ideas.

Art - artwork is amazing for inspiring me. Sometimes I'll see a picture and a story is suddenly there in my head, or a picture helps me get a better feel for my character or the setting, etc, etc.

I know we're only meant to post 3, but also people in general. People are so interesting, they can create all sorts of inspiration.
Back to top Go down
iMazed
Super Gamer
iMazed

What inspires you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What inspires you?   What inspires you? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 4:04 am

Of course you can name more Blossom Razz I didn't mean that you could only name 3! Thanks for the input guys. If you have anything more, let me know!
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Male Number of posts : 2410
Prestige : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-07

What inspires you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What inspires you?   What inspires you? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:00 am

One more I just thought of:

- Nature; being out on a walk in a forested trail, looking out over mountains, or even just looking up at a starry sky at night; lots of inspiration from scenes like that.
Back to top Go down
https://rpcentral.forumotion.net
Fayte
Master Gamer
Fayte

Female Number of posts : 722
Prestige : 1
Registration date : 2009-01-30

What inspires you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What inspires you?   What inspires you? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 9:34 am

All of the above!

I think Music is a given. Also, bordom at work tends to make me think about writing etc!
Back to top Go down
iMazed
Super Gamer
iMazed

What inspires you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What inspires you?   What inspires you? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 9:42 am

Ahahaha Fayte that we share Very Happy I have nothing to do all day, so I just start typing bounce
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

Male Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2009-02-27

What inspires you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What inspires you?   What inspires you? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 10:11 am

Bizzare one for everyone my philosophy class: Either I get really interested in one of the topics and want to start writting about it (currently the state of nature) or just because my mind drifts and I get loads of ideas coming into my head.

Fellow writers: Nothing like talking to fellow writers managed to find a group at uni so meet up for a pint every week and talk.

Scenery and experience: Nothing quite like seeing some impressive scenery or experiencing something and working out various ways it could have played out to get you going on a storyline and a history behind it all.
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384
Prestige : 3

What inspires you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What inspires you?   What inspires you? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 10:22 am

* Everything.

Kudo's for me for making the shortest post Razz

No really, anything can inspire me. Sentences I pick up on the streets, commercials, TV, radio, newspapers, conversations, reading. Music, off course. Although it's more of a curse then a blessing; with so many new ideas popping into my head, I have trouble finishing what I start...
Back to top Go down
jamer508
Initiate
jamer508

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-02-09

What inspires you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What inspires you?   What inspires you? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 12:27 pm

Generally I am inspired by Anything that can make me question the world.

Puzzles. Not jigsaw puzzles but the puzzles you get from small bits in readers digest or something similar.

Philosophy. No nemisis your not the only one. When I learn about how others create their ideas and dreams I am just, damn inspired.

Art. I am, at soul, an Artist. This is one of the first forums I have become somewhat dedicated to and even now I dont consider myself a good or even decent writer. Although, I do consider myself an extremely talented Painter/Designer(pictures)/Drawer.

I cant think of a day were I didnt question the world by anyone of these inspirations. From Lewis Thomas to Vango I cant seem to keep my mind out of the world of things to be asked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What inspires you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What inspires you?   What inspires you? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What inspires you?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplayers Central :: The Writings :: General Writing-
Jump to: