Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NaNoWriMo

Go down 
+5
Foxee
Honorius
chad.sims2
Mike Nemesis
CommonGoods
9 posters
AuthorMessage
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-24

NaNoWriMo Empty
PostSubject: NaNoWriMo   NaNoWriMo Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 1:05 pm

It is currently sunday, the 11th of oktoberIt is currently 20:05 (GMT), Sunday the 11th of October, 2009. That means there are twenty days, 3 hours and 55 minutes left until IT starts. And all of you who have actually read the title of this post will know what IT is.

You better believe it. It’s NaNoWriMo time.

The Most Complete List of RP-Central’s participants;

CommonGoods – No Apple Island – 0/50 000
67Kangaroos - To See Sky - 0/50 000
Mike Nemesis - Untitled - 0/50 000

If you are participating, send me a link of your personal page, I’ll see about embedding it. I also take full responsibility about keeping the word count updated.

Time to bring out your typewriter. November waits for nobody.

Last edited by CommonGoods on Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:57 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

Male Number of posts : 500
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-27

NaNoWriMo Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo   NaNoWriMo Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 1:15 pm

Wow I remember following this last year with interest. I don't know If I'd be capable of doing it since I've never actually wrote something that long but would be interesting to give it ago although I do have two essay deadlines due on November 9th so best make sure those are outta way haha.

Best think on it to see if I can do it would be good way to get me writing again this uni yr though since all seems quiet on that front lol

Either way good luck CG
Back to top Go down
chad.sims2
Celestial Gamer
chad.sims2

Male Number of posts : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-26

NaNoWriMo Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo   NaNoWriMo Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 1:25 pm

I'll be in training half the month Sad going back to Iraq as a contractor. Sad So gona have to skip this year.
Back to top Go down
Honorius
Master Gamer
Honorius

Male Number of posts : 423
Prestige : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-18

NaNoWriMo Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo   NaNoWriMo Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 1:41 pm

I would do it, but i have absolutely no clue how to do it and still do my normal school work. Not enough time in the day.
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

Female Number of posts : 1514
Prestige : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-10

NaNoWriMo Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo   NaNoWriMo Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 1:59 pm

I'm still on the fence. 1,666.67 words a day is a stretch goal. Somehow I think I could do it for RP but not for a novel...how sad is that? Still, I'm considering.
Back to top Go down
http://ginnyshoestrings.wordpress.com/
chad.sims2
Celestial Gamer
chad.sims2

Male Number of posts : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-26

NaNoWriMo Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo   NaNoWriMo Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 2:13 pm

LOL .67 word? LOL Consideri.. LOL or maybe Someho. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

NaNoWriMo Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo   NaNoWriMo Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 2:14 pm

At the moment, I am blazing for about 2500 words a day, next to my RPing. That does include essays though, so hey, who knows Smile

You'll find me in the NaNoWriMo stole my soul section Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Celestial Gamer
Blossom

Female Number of posts : 865
Prestige : 8

NaNoWriMo Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo   NaNoWriMo Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 3:09 pm

Mmm. On the one hand I've never had a go at NaNoWriMo before, and I'd like to see if I could do it, plus this time next year I'll hopefully be an university so I may not have another such (relatively) open November.

On the other hand I've got exams coming up that I really need to study for, and by mid-November I'll probably be rehearsing again so I don't know if I have the time to dedicate to it.

I'll probably deliberate too long and miss the opening ... but I'll think on it Smile

Either way, I'll be following your entry with interest CG. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
67Kangaroos
Super Gamer
67Kangaroos

Female Number of posts : 276
Prestige : 5
Registration date : 2009-06-16

NaNoWriMo Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo   NaNoWriMo Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 6:45 am

no way! .67? .67!!!! ... i think it's a shout-out to the all awesome 67KANGAROOS! Very Happy

but yeah, i did wrimo once in korea (didn't win)... then the next year i WON (in china) and then i did the same thing on my own and "won" again in may (still in china... i worked 16hrs/week in november and then 10hrs/week in may... i love working sooo few hours... but then i only made 500$ a month... but that was plenty for living in china Wink )

i didn't wrimo last year Sad but i think i'm going to give it a go this year! i mean, yeah, i got school and papers out the wazoo, but i finished 3 of them! only 2 LARGE papers left!!! Smile so maybe i got the time.. hmmm....

anyway, you can find me under my waaaaaay old username spryte7
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Male Number of posts : 2410
Registration date : 2008-11-07

NaNoWriMo Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo   NaNoWriMo Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 7:12 am

Hmm; if I didn't have exams in November, I might just have give it a shot. Never done it before, but sounds like a great challenge! Good luck to all involved with it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://rpcentral.forumotion.net
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

NaNoWriMo Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo   NaNoWriMo Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 7:37 am

Updated and put in RooRoo!

((For a second there, I was afraid that I was going to be the only one!))
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

NaNoWriMo Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo   NaNoWriMo Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 7:37 am

Don't fear I'm hoping to get in on the action especially after I was meant to be reading my history textbook and ended up warping history with my imagination and have created a possible Nanowrimo concept novel. Now to just get my numerous essays out of the way in between clubs, socials and making costumes so I can focus on writing when I need to lol

I have 5 different deadlines and I've just spent the last 30 mins doing paper mache making a mask for a flat warming 2moz which I'm going to as a triceratops and starting a new mask to make a Darth Vader mask for my party at the end of this month lol considering attending lectures tht day dressed as Darth Vader Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

NaNoWriMo Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo   NaNoWriMo Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 8:20 am

We'd love to have you around, Mike Smile See what you can do.

I've updated the profiles with the working titles

Last edited by CommonGoods on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
67Kangaroos
Super Gamer
67Kangaroos

Female Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-06-16

NaNoWriMo Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo   NaNoWriMo Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 2:33 pm

hehe~ i'm getting excited for nanowrimo! ... i hope stupid grad school and real work doesn't get in the way! haha
anyway, for non-nano-ers, here's my synopsis for "To See Sky" (working title):

In the distant future, the land has become desolate, supporting almost no life. People live in eco-domes that mimic the best of the past world. They look up at simulated skies and are sure to be indoors during the 2:00 scheduled rain. Having advanced to a superior comfort level, the people have begun to dig into the past. Books are a prime source of entertainment and symbol of society. Along with other types of salvage and precious metals retrieval, books are being hunted in the old, bleak, oxygen-deprived lands.

Emily, librarian extraordinaire in charge of the rare books department, is recruited to head up the search for books of old in the wastelands. The book follows her on this new adventure.

Whatcha think? (common, post yours here as well? Very Happy < /peer pressure > )
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

NaNoWriMo Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo   NaNoWriMo Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 2:41 pm

An undefined amount of years into the future, the world as we know it is no more. After the appearance of creatures known as the Riastrad, the world turned to the Tizona Group, the defence contractor for the United Nations.

They were able to deal blow after blow, but in the end, it was to little, to late.

Humanity is now drawing it's last breaths. The cities are no more. We are on the run, and after years, we are finally realising that we are running out of places to run...

The main character (any thoughts on names?) has lived in this desolate place his entire life, but that life comes to a sudden end when his colony is discovered by a pack of Riastrad. Barely escaping with his life, he eventualy strands at the headquarters of HERA, the Human Evolution and Reproduction Association.

He is taken on as a janitor, but will soon find out that even the well protected HERA building stands little chance against the constant onslaught. His own survival, as well as that of humanities, might very well be in the hands of a young girl.

Her code name: Avalon.

--***--

Avalon is actualy referred to as 'Island of the Apples' in many Arthurian works. The character Avalon is one of my leading characters, perhaps the most important one, and her name combined with the post-apocalyptic character of the novel lead to my title; No Apple Island.

Smile

EDIT: I actualy have a (crappy) front for my novel! I am not happy with the overal picture, but it shows what it should be like; a dried out apple core as the sole picture, with just the title (and author, though not added here). Let's see if I can upload it... If not, you can always check it out on the NaNo site (click the nifty embedded link in my name at the first post)
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

NaNoWriMo Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo   NaNoWriMo Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 2:47 pm

Here we go;

NaNoWriMo No_app10
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2009-02-07

NaNoWriMo Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo   NaNoWriMo Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:09 pm

May I ask what Nanowrimor is?
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

NaNoWriMo Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo   NaNoWriMo Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:39 pm

In short; Write 50 000 words in 1 month.

National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo is essentialy an initiative that challenges writers to write 50 000 words or more over the course of November (1 month). The stress is on quantity, not quality. Google it for the offcial site Smile
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2009-02-07

NaNoWriMo Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo   NaNoWriMo Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:43 pm

so it starts in november? I'll consider it.
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

NaNoWriMo Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo   NaNoWriMo Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 5:47 pm

Ok I have an account up although I'm not convinced I'll even touch the daunting word limit but the names gd ol Mike Nemesis. Now to get my thoughts more refined on the storyline and try to avoid completly daydreaming in lectures in the proccess lol

Excuse the poor write up but thats just the idea I've had darting about in my head for the day actually need to do some research n all that jazz n get some solid ideas in
-------------------------------------

Set in an alternate time of 1500 with the exploration of the Americas. In fighting is at its peak between the Aztec tribes. As one tribe prepares to attack the main rival city of Tenochtitlan a meteor shower levels the temple and leaves the citizens in disarray. Their rivals move in mopping up the remainder of the forces and claiming the city for their own.

A weapon smith is commisioned to craft a weapon from the meotorite in recognition of the victory their tribe leader gave them. It becomes known as "A weapon from God himself."

However an alien parasite came down with the meteorite and as it begins to infect both the weapon smith and the tribe leader that were exposed to it they begin to discover new and frightening abilities that seem to enhance the longer they're exposed to the parasite.

Meanwhile the Spanish arrive and accidently bring an epidemic of smallpox which begins to wipe out the Native Americans. The Aztec tribe exiles the weapon smith nd their leader saying god as forsaken them for they have tried to become gods themselves with their power. They take with them a small splinter group who still believe god has provided them with the only weapon capable of repelling the spanish who have come with their own strange advanced weaponry and beasts they have never seen which have been tamed to attack or be ridden. (Dogs and Horses)

The Spanish report fire raining from the skies and encountering the Devil Incarnate roaming the lands and request for an army and missionaries to cleanse the land. As the resistance unfolds and the mutation heightens gruesome battles unfold to decide the fate of what will come to be known as America.
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

NaNoWriMo Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo   NaNoWriMo Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 7:57 am

Welcome mate! Added you to the list Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content