Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Make a story including these 15 words

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

Female Number of posts : 1514
Prestige : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Make a story including these 15 words Empty
PostSubject: Make a story including these 15 words   Make a story including these 15 words Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 9:42 am

I used to do this on another site and really enjoyed it. The general idea is to write a little story making sure you include each of these 15 words. We used to do it as a contest and could do that here, too, if everyone's interested enough.

Here are the 15 words:
nod
matter
find
Pringles
security
light
toes
handle
egg
race
bygones
think
sneak
alarm
wrung

You've got to use them all!

I'd love to see what you guys come up with. Very Happy I may try it myself again, too!
Back to top Go down
http://ginnyshoestrings.wordpress.com/
Teele
Admin
Teele

Male Number of posts : 2410
Prestige : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Make a story including these 15 words   Make a story including these 15 words Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 11:07 am

Johnny gave a nod as he got the final order from his commander. Night was falling, and the mall's night-shift was beginning. Johnny was on security. A decent enough job, he supposed. it gave a guy lots of time to think. His commander had come by to let him know to be on his toes tonight; the boys on last night's shift had seen what might have been a sneak prowling around.

Today, Johnny was stationed at the food court, with a light in his hand, which normally he'd flick on and off in random fashions out of boredom as he walked. The moon shining through the skylight was bright enough that he could see pretty well anyway. On nights like these, it was more beneficial if he simply put the light away and wrung his hands uselessly instead.

The first hour passed, and there was nothing but the silent halls. Johnny decided to go find a vending machine. There was one out in the main corridor. He returned to his post with a little cannister of Pringles. He was supposed to be watching his weight, but tonight he was bored enough that those goals would be bygones for a few minutes. Besides, would a few greasy chips really matter?

Johnny nearly choked on his last pizza-flavored bit of decadence as he saw a black shape shift in the distant hallway. He tossed the cannister in the garbage, and clicked on his light, gripping the handle with greasy fingers as he ambled slowly down the hallway.

He kept seeing the little black flecks of movement as he followed it down the hallway, his heart beating in his chest. It led him eventually to the supermarket attached to the mall, and he passed by aisle after aisle of packaged meats, snacks, dairy products, and cheeses. Suddenly from out of nowhere, a black silhouette appeared and began to race down the aisle in front of him. Johnny fumbled, dropping his flashlight and going for the tazer at his hip.

He didn't make it before something hard hit him dead center in the forehead. He felt something wet leaking into his eyes as his head snapped back. Pawing at them, he groped for his radio.

"I've been hit!" He cried in alarm. "I-I'm bleeding! Supermarket! The sneak! He's here!! Send backup!" Suddenly the lights flicked on, and a chorus of laughter arose from the aisles around him. What was going on? Johnny continued to try and wipe the wetness from his eyes, and he came to the realizations that it was both cold and gooey. In the light, he he saw his fingers covered with a sickly yellow. On the floor he saw a white shell.

"An egg?" Around him, his fellow security guys emerged, laughing. Johnny looked between them, incredulous, his face covered with egg.

"Had you goin' there, didn't we, Johnny?"
Back to top Go down
https://rpcentral.forumotion.net
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

PostSubject: Re: Make a story including these 15 words   Make a story including these 15 words Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 11:41 am

Great contribution, Teele! Makes all the words look like you picked them on purpose. Poor Johnny...now I'm hungry for Pringles, though.
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Male Number of posts : 2410
Prestige : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Make a story including these 15 words   Make a story including these 15 words Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 1:55 pm

Why thankee! Pringles would be nice...as would some different attempts at this. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://rpcentral.forumotion.net
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Make a story including these 15 words   Make a story including these 15 words Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 3:43 pm

Jack and John

“So, what you are saying is that I’m dead?” Johnny looked at the 6 feet talking, scythe wielding skeleton as if it had gone insane. Ironic, since obviously he was the one who had gone insane. ‘Jack Knocleson’, as the skeleton had introduced itself, simply nodded and continued to light a cigarette. “How? I mean, how?”

“Well thank you for the clarification.” Jack attempted to inhale deeply, before realising he had no lungs. Happened to him all the time. “I won’t go into the details, but it involved a bike handle and an encounter with a stray egg. I must say, me and the other guys had a good laugh about it.”

“But, but...” Johnny sputtered. “I can’t go yet! I still have to find that which gives my life meaning! I never saw the creation of dark matter! I have an outstanding bet on that horse race tomorrow!” Realisation slowly started to set in and he started to hyperventilate. The fumes of Jack’s cigarette didn’t help.

The skeleton wasn’t impressed. “Your life is meaningless, black matter isn’t all that impressive, and that horse you bet on loses.” Johnny looked up, looking into Jack’s face. “No hard feeling, but I have big bucks on the other horse.”

“I think I’m going to be sick.” Johnny heaved, and Jack quickly stepped back.

“Not on the robes! You know how hard it is to get that stuff out?” Johnny managed a nod, then continued vomiting the other way. Once the man was does recycling his breakfast of what seemed to be Pringles, Jack helped him up. “Now will you come?”

The soul was still resisting. “Don’t I get a last wish?” They always asked that. What the hell did they want to wish for? The ‘I wish for a thousand more wishes’-joke was getting old, and last time someone had wished for world-peace the Big Guy had decided to send a wave across the entire earth’s surface. Sure, those Great Floods were great serving, but afterwards, who was the one who had to clean up the mess? Jack Knocleson, that’s who. “A last request?”

“Last wish, last request, it doesn’t matter, it’s all the same and you aren’t getting them!” He pointed at the piece of paper he had presented to the man before he had started whining. On top of the page, it said ‘Confession’. Mumbling something about ‘terrible service’, Johnny finally picked up the pen.

“So what’s this for?”

“Security matters.”

“And then I’ll be forgiven.”

“In Heaven, we let bygones be bygones.” The man seemed well pleased with that. Bending over, he signed the sheet of paper with a single name; ‘Johnny’. Jack sighed. “Full name please.” The man complied.

The moment he dotted the last i, Jack snatched the paper from the man’s hands and let it vanish with a small ‘poof’. Wouldn’t be long till the paper was processed. Just a few more moments with this man... “So now I’m going to heaven? Do I get wings? Can I get a trumpet?”

Jack shifted uneasily. “Not exactly. You see, you’re not going to heaven... You are going to a place where your toes will be grounded of one by one, big bald men with leather masks and chopsticks sneak into your room at night, and where your innards will be wrung out once a week.”

Johnny stared at Jack’s face, correction, skull, for a moment, then started running. And he ran. And he ran. And then he tripped and fell screaming into the fiery abyss that had not been there a moment ago. Jack hated when they screamed. He stood there for another two minutes, honouring poor Johnny, before the kitchen alarm in his pocket went off.

Enough grieving. ‘Days of our Lives’ was about to start.
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

PostSubject: Re: Make a story including these 15 words   Make a story including these 15 words Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 4:19 pm

LOL...Jack Knocleson...somehow I can imagine a very distinctive voice of Death for this one. Good casting, CG, and a fun story!
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Make a story including these 15 words   Make a story including these 15 words Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 4:52 pm

Smile

(This is as much as my inspiration allows. I need some sleep. G'night.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Make a story including these 15 words   Make a story including these 15 words Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Make a story including these 15 words
Page 1 of 1