Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Era of Darkness 1.5

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fantasywriter
Initiate
Fantasywriter

Female Number of posts : 3
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-07-19

Era of Darkness 1.5 Empty
PostSubject: Era of Darkness 1.5   Era of Darkness 1.5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 7:55 pm

ERA OF DARKNESS 1.5

In the year 725 EC, this world was at peace, or as close to peace as it could get.

Still the races fought. We humans were selfish and drove the others back, and the elves and dwarves hid, perhaps waiting for the right opportunity to strike. The war between us ended at least 500 years ago, yet we still despise each other. But now we must forget our differences and join together to fight against the evil that has now threatened our land.

The portal has been opened.

The gate to another dimension – an evil, corrupt dimension. It is unknown to us how this incident occurred. All I know is that this world isn't as it used to be. Demons, fiends, and plenty of other revolting abominations now roam freely, terrorizing cities, killing innocents, burning down the forests of the elves, and driving the dwarves out of their mountainous dwellings. Some of our own kind, having given up hope, fell to the whispered promises of evil and have now joined the creatures. After many failed attempts of driving them back into their portal, the human king, Restus the Great, has given up hope and now waits for the end. The elves have retreated deeper into the forests, afraid and helpless. And the dwarves are the only ones who take a stand against the demons, but they will fail. The creatures are too many.

I know that the only way to end this nightmare is to close shut the gate that has been opened, and I will find a way. I'm no coward. Not like my pathetic king. I know that others will join my cause. Brave souls, whether they be human, elven, or dwarven, will come to me and aide me in my quest.

The year 1 ED has come upon us. In the end, the world will either be destroyed or saved. This duty rests on our shoulders.

THE WORLD

The world is split into three continents – Anias, Illeus, and Xivlan. Anias is the home of the humans. It is the largest continent, covered in rolling grasslands, prairies, beautiful mountain ranges, and large cities. The capital city is called Axis, home of King Restus the Great; this city is in the center of the continent.

To the left of Anias is the continent Illeus, home of the elves. It is a continent, of forests, lakes, streams, and wilderness, the only cities being the ones in the great forest of Murlar. The elven cities can only be found by magic, for they now have wards against the unwanted demons.

To the right of Anias is Xivlan, home of the dwarves. Rough terrain, including mountains, deserts, and underground cities are all that are found on this smaller continent. The dwarves make their dwellings either underground or hidden in the mountains.

The portal has been opened on a northern island above all three continents. This island is called Death's Keep. It isn't big at all, but it is extremely hard to reach. The blood red sea which surrounds it is seemingly bottomless, the waters are rough. No one has ever crossed this sea and lived to tell the tale. This is the sea that our heroes must cross.

The Races

Your character may only be either a human, an elf, or a dwarf.

Human: Impatient, selfish creatures, humans are a civilized race residing on the continent of Anias. In this game, your character must be from ages 18 – 50. Extremely young characters aren't fit to be heroes. The same with very old characters. Humans are also the most populated race, and they do well in any class.

Elves: Intelligent, secretive beings, elves are a mysterious race living in the forests of Illeus. They are currently in hiding, but a few brave elves have joined the cause. An elven character must be between from 100 – 700 years old, roughly 18 – 50 in human standards. Elves do well as magic-users, healers, or paladins.

Dwarves: Rough, burly creatures are the dwarves. They are the bravest of the races, and usually wear a beard. Dwarves must be from 50 – 300 years old in their standards. Dwarves do well in any warrior-type class.

The Creatures:

• Demons
  • Dragons
  • Fiends
  • Goblins
  • Imps
  • Shadows

(I will be posting more info on a separate thread.)

The Classes

Your character may be any of the following classes:

Warrior: Weilding some type of sword, warriors use their brains and brawn to win in a fight. Their skills are well-balanced.

Barbarian: Weilding some type of blunt weapon, barbarians are all about the fight. They are known as brutish fighters, never thinking, just swinging. Their strength is far greater than their defense.

Archer: Long distance fighters, using a bow or crossbow. Archers can deal heavy damage without fear of danger.

Battlemage: A mix of the warrior and the wizard, battlemages wield a weapon and fight with magic. They cannot, however, be level 2 in both fields. When leveling up, battlemages are required to choose one field in which they wish to excel.

Wizard: Drawing energy from themselves, wizards are the most powerful magic-users. Spells are limited to the strength of the wizard casting it and the difficulty of the spell.

Sorcerer: Drawing energy from the world around them, sorcerers aren't as strong as wizards, but can cast more spells without fear of draining their own energy.

Necromancer: Drawing energy from themselves and others, necromancers are more powerful than wizards and can cast more spells; however, they are hated by wizards and sorcerers, and they oftentimes their spells backfire.

Healer: Healer's specify in healing magic. They can heal minor wounds, and at level 2 major wounds. They cannot, however, bring back the dead.

Paladin: The paladin is a mix of the warrior and the healer. They are very similar to battlemages in this aspect.

Leveling Up:
When a player reaches 20 posts, they are asked by the gamesmaster if they wish to level up. If a warrior, barbarian, or archer after making it to level 2, they can have a max of two weapons, and their weapon options are expanded. If magic-user, their spells will become more powerful. For battlemages, they will choose one of the above to increase. If a healer, their healing abilities will be enhanced, and if they are a paladin they choose between the warrior benefits or the healer benefits.

(I will post a weapon's list in another thread.)

The Spells

The following are the basic spells of a magic-user:

Fire: This spell is one of the more powerful offensive spells, and it's difficult to control. Magic-users shoots flames from their fingertips to scorch, and often kill, enemies.

Invisibility: Invisibility can be used by a magic-user for no longer than one post for level one magic-users, two posts for level two magic-users, and so on. While invisible, players can only be seen by Shadows.

Shield: A shield can be held up for one posts by level one magic-users, two posts by level 2 magic-users, and so on. While shielded, players cannot be affected by any creature or other player.

Control: This spell offers magic-users the ability to lift, manipulate, push, pull, and throw any being besides Shadows and Dragons. There are no benefits from leveling up.

Heal Minor Wounds: (Healers only)
At level one, players can heal minor wounds; scrapes, slashes, bruises, ect.

Heal Major Wounds: (Healers only)
At level five, players can heal major wounds; sword wounds, decapitated limbs, ect.

(Magic-using players are free to create their own spells at will as long as they consult me first and I agree. If you would like to request a spell, message me.)

The Rules

1) Read all posts. In order to understand what's going on, this is a necessity.
2) Posts must be at least 5 full sentences long (1 paragraph).
3) Please use spell-check!
4) Keep cursing to a minimum; we don't want to offend anyone!
5) No god-modding, which means controlling another person's character, unless you are using the manipulation spell. When controlling another character by using the spell Manipulation, you may not kill the character.
6) No perfect characters! Perfects are no fun. Everyone has a flaw!
7) Killing between players is allowed, but only if you have the player's permission and the game-master's permission.
8 ) Try and make at least one post per day. This will keep the thread active!
9) More than one character is allowed only if you have permission. If your character is killed, you may create another character to take his/her place.
10) You must always stick with the group, unless you have permission to leave.
11) My final word is law!

The Plot

The character limit is 8. Do not post a profile if the spots have already been taken. If you would like to save a spot, that's fine with me. Character development is strongly encouraged! Romance, twists, friendships, and rivalries are encouraged; it will make the game more interesting. Missions will be set by me. After we have enough players to begin, I will set the first mission. You must follow the objectives.

The game begins in the continent of Anias in the capital city. The characters will meet up at the chosen destination, and your character must have his/her own reason for joining the cause. Perhaps they want fame and glory, maybe they want to help save the world, or they could just be thirsty for blood-shed. Whatever their reasons may be, your character is a hero who chooses to join the MC in their quest to shut down the portal. My character is the leader of this mission; you must follow my word at all times!

Important!

There will be a posting order! We do not want anyone to be left behind. If a player becomes inactive, they will be removed from the posting order until they return. I will set the order before the game begins. Also, when you have reached 20 posts, please state that you have done so by writing a bold disclaimer at the top of your 21st post.

Character Template

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Class:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b] (At least one paragraph)
[b]Clothing/Armor:[/b]
[b]Weapons:[/b] (One to start out with)
Back to top Go down

Era of Darkness 1.5
Page 1 of 1