Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Machinima

Go down 
5 posters

What type should I work with?
Comedy (laughs with the most random things)
Machinima Vote_lcap83%Machinima Vote_rcap
 83% [ 5 ]
Action (guns, explosions, careening warthogs into fusion coils)
Machinima Vote_lcap17%Machinima Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Machinima Empty
PostSubject: Machinima   Machinima Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 10:39 pm

I've been trying to come up with a good storyline for a machinima I plan on working on soon (for those of you who don't know what a machinima is, its basically videogame parodies of many categories, if you still don't know, look up red vs blue or Deus Ex Machina on youtube or www.machinima.com)

So I have two ideas I'd like to work with, comedy or action. Here is a brief summary of each.

Comedy Version - A version of Reno 911/The Office using ODSTs on Halo 3. The story is as in Reno 911 about the most random **** that one can come up with, I've been watching both shows for quite a while now and I have a basic idea of each, though I do find Reno 911 a bit more disturbing.

Title: Obscenely Dumb **** Trainees

Action Version - This one deals with XBOX LIVE a bit. A computer program known as Isvlac Rubinstein has been transferred to Halo 3 from a world domination simulation is now at war on the Halo turfs, forming the alliance of Destructive Leaders (ADL). Slightly tweeking the Halo program, players can be killed on the game and never return to Halo 3 for multiplayer action. Bungie in this time of crisis has created a clan known as Bungie's Fist, involving the President, Executives and CEOs of Bungies as the leaders, along with top ranked players as their generals.

As more and more maps fall into the ADLs hands, Bungie must now fight in a desperate attempt to stop the oncoming horde. Other clans, with the leaders permission, will be named in the game as mercenary groups, black market listers, assassins, and among other varieties.

Title: Halo: Clan Wars

--------------------------------------------

If any of you have any improvements in the title, please give your suggestions. So which do you think would be better to film, the comedy or the action? And if maybe you guys could help me with story writing and script writing that would also be awesome, voice actors would also be appreciated, along with gamers who would be willing to do background roles.
Back to top Go down
Anir
Gamer
Anir

Female Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2009-05-30

Machinima Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machinima   Machinima Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 10:46 pm

Hm, I've never played any of the XBox games, but I like humor more than actiony stuff. Laughter before blood, that's what I always say. (Not really, it goes more like fire before laughter, laughter before pain, and pain before blood.)
Back to top Go down
http://myfallenfeathers.blogspot.com
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Female Number of posts : 1886
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Machinima Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machinima   Machinima Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 10:49 pm

This, would be better put under general writing DB, unfortunately I seem to be the only mod who has no idea how to move threads so it'll have to stay until another mod can move it.

The idea's in general seem good, however you need to be careful how you go about doing things because of copyrights and so on. I'm a little confused on what you've done so far so I can't really offer up any advice good or bad on the matter. However it's nice to see you've done a little research on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Machinima Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machinima   Machinima Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:09 pm

I'm sorry for not posting it in the proper thread, I just figured that since it was an idea in progress, that it should of gone here.

As for copyright rules, I'm waaaaaaaaayyyyy ahead of that, I watched a tutorial from the master machinima writer Digital Ph33r (writer, star, and director of Deus Ex Machina, Arby and the Chief, Hard Justice, ect.)

If you mean game copy rights, I just want to inform you that there are not just a few machinimas but thousands upon thousands of them. Some are original ideas like Halo: Clan Wars, while others are somewhat similar to original shows with slightly altered titles (This wonderful LIVE, This Spartan Life.)

Machinima is basically the same thing as filming on a camcorder, the only difference is that it takes place within a videogame and is recorded onto a camcorder or computer using a capture card. Then it is edited with sound, voice, effects, and timing. Its not a difficult thing to do (except for getting actors/players and having enough money to buy and download music, effects, etc off of the internet) and I'm already aware of copy right infringements (should I do Halo: Clan Wars I plan on sending a letter requesting approval to use their names in the show. If not they shall remain anonymous and only known as the bosses or leaders or something.)
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

Female Number of posts : 1514
Prestige : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Machinima Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machinima   Machinima Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:25 am

Moved courtesy of 'Mods R Us'.
Back to top Go down
http://ginnyshoestrings.wordpress.com/
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Machinima Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machinima   Machinima Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:36 am

they get the job done, thanks mods r us.

now we need a catchy slogan.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Machinima Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machinima   Machinima Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 6:13 pm

so since it seems clear that the people want comedy, the question is, how do I pull it off?
Back to top Go down
Acglaphotis
Initiate

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Machinima Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machinima   Machinima Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:07 pm

Hey, D, I know this is kind of out of the blue, but I got a capture card, Halo and some experience editing, so if you need anymore help I'd be happy to join in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Machinima Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machinima   Machinima Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Machinima
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplayers Central :: The Writings :: General Writing-
Jump to: