Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Art

Go down 
+6
chad.sims2
A.Mouse
CommonGoods
Blossom
Deathblade
Anir
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anir
Gamer
Anir

Female Number of posts : 94
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-05-30

General Art Empty
PostSubject: General Art   General Art Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 6:13 pm

Hi everyone! I noticed that we don't have any threads for art for the RPGs and stuff, so I decided to start one. Basically, you can post art on here of your characters, any worlds you're thinking of building, animals, that sort of thing.

Here's one of mine: Lyla Jenks, from Valendir.

General Art 29djvv8
Back to top Go down
http://myfallenfeathers.blogspot.com
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2009-02-07

General Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Art   General Art Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 9:42 pm

Very nice, you're an awesome artist, though I would suggest buying a sketch book, lined paper really takes away from the effect, other than that though nice job, I really like the little corner with Lyla running away from the bomb.

Make sure though that if you buy a sketch book its not a cheap one that you get at Rite-Aid or Market Basket or any of those other stores. I got a sketch book from Rite-Aid and the paper rips up anytime I use my eraser and it makes the sketch look like crap. Also use good graphite pencils, start off with 2H pencils and darken it in with B and B2 type pencils.

Sorry for a random rant, but that's what you get when you have an artist of a sister who gives you all these tips on what type of pencils, erasers and colors and paints to use. I wouldn't be the good sketcher I am today without her help, but I think your work is a lot better than what i do, at least you get a really good position on your character with the stance and thumbs up an all.

To end my rant use Art Gum erasers, those seem to work the best and they're a lot easier to clean up than using a normal office eraser. And if you want to see any of my work I have a few pieces in the Ardus art and images section. Have fun sketching.

-Deathblade15 Cool
Back to top Go down
Anir
Gamer
Anir

General Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Art   General Art Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 9:52 pm

Thanks!

This really started off as a doodle, and I've already finished the two sketchbooks I got for my birthday in March last month, and I haven't had a chance to get a good sketchbook, so that's why you get lined paper.

Sometime I'll put Syril up here or something.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

General Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Art   General Art Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 10:03 pm

Wow, you must of had a lot of thoughts, or not enough paper to put them on. I finished off my sketchbook I got for Christmas back in March or April and I've been erasing old unfinished drawings and making new ones.

I've actually been thinking that if I get better in my artwork that I might actually start to make a doujin or something. I've got a bit of a story and I've got some characters. I'll probably start working this summer, though between filming for Nightman Productions and trying to think of a storyline and getting equipment for my machinima series... you know I'll try to find time to do the things I want, I usually do.

P.S. March was three months ago.
Back to top Go down
Anir
Gamer
Anir

General Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Art   General Art Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 10:31 pm

I know March was three months ago, what I meant was that I'd already finished the two by May. I draw a lot.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

General Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Art   General Art Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 10:43 pm

yeah same here, and I usually take a while to do mine. Kind of like 3-4 periods, which are 45 minutes each, unless I happen to be in a double which is like 80 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Anir
Gamer
Anir

General Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Art   General Art Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 12:59 am

I doodle on my schoolwork. Is that bad? It's gotten me in trouble before. I doodled all over my math workbook. The teacher didn't mind so much, but was rather annoyed that it distracted me from my schoolwork.
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Celestial Gamer
Blossom

Female Number of posts : 865
Prestige : 8
Registration date : 2009-01-24

General Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Art   General Art Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 8:37 am

Yay, an art thread! I love seeing everyone's doodles of characters.

That's a great picture of Lyla, Anir. It's pretty much exactly how I pictured her!

Here's a sketch I did of Kit from Valendir:

General Art Kit
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

General Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Art   General Art Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 8:44 am

Is it me or do you people have scanners? I need a scanner, taking a picture of it doesn't bring out the full quality of the sketch. Also I'm trying to make a drawing of Taldrin and Rishi, however I want to think of some kind of good pose and try to copy it from a picture or something.
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384
Prestige : 3

General Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Art   General Art Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 9:07 am

Whow...

Whow...

So long since we saw any of your artwork Blossom, truely amazing.

Also, Anir, that's a great sketch. Try do another one on white paper (I agree with DB that the lines and the yellow paper don't do the drawing justice) and clean it up a little. It's good to see we have another great artist in our ranks.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

General Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Art   General Art Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 9:53 am

Alright I finally did a self pose with a few costume pieces (this is what I get for having dress up projects and saving halloween costumes), it looks pretty good and I'm going to attempt to sketch it, of course its kind of hard to make muscle structure when one doesn't have many muscles to show.

Also sorry I forgot to say this, but really great job on the drawing Blossom.
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

Male Number of posts : 1739
Prestige : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-31

General Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Art   General Art Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 11:38 am

Wow. Love the sketches. They're exactly the way I pictured them. Though Kit is a lot hotter than I expected and Lyla a little more freckled than I imagined. Razz

I haven't drawn anything in years, but this thread is definitely bringing me out of hibernation. I just grabbed an old printer/scanner out of the basement to see if I can upload something of my own. (My mom buys things at auctions and she's got about a hundred printers and other electronic crap down there, lol.) It took me a while to download the drivers and get this thing working right, but here's an old sketch I scanned to test it out.

I did this about three or four years ago. He's a character from my novel, but got dropped after subsequent revisions and changes to the plot. I'm not so great at drawing organic stuff (I'm more into mechanical stuff and weapons) but this is one of my better character sketches. (FYI, I hid his face under that hat because I'm really bad at facial expressions. Razz)

General Art KentWinchester

I'll start sketching again and get some more recent stuff up sometime soon; characters you might actually recognize.
Back to top Go down
Anir
Gamer
Anir

General Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Art   General Art Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 11:57 am

pretty cool, moose! and blossom, Kit looks amazing. you're a good artist.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

General Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Art   General Art Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 11:58 am

don't feel bad Moose, you're not alone in the bad facial expression department, though I must say, nice drawing.
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Celestial Gamer
Blossom

General Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Art   General Art Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 12:26 pm

Thank y'all Very Happy

I like it Anon! I think covering his face is very effective, and works well with the pose he's in.
Back to top Go down
chad.sims2
Celestial Gamer
chad.sims2

Male Number of posts : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-26

General Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Art   General Art Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 12:59 pm

Anir: I love the freckles!
Blossom: I love the brea... I mean face. Very Happy LOL I actually love the eyes, really cool looking.
Moose: I think it is awsome how the hat is, he looks like he just got done killing someone, or is about to.

And all are well drawn, I can't draw at all. Sad I wish I could.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

General Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Art   General Art Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 8:03 pm

Alright after less than a day of work I finally completed a picture of Capt. Taldrin. Hope you all enjoy.

General Art DSCN0181-1
Back to top Go down
Honorius
Master Gamer
Honorius

Male Number of posts : 423
Prestige : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-18

General Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Art   General Art Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 8:03 am

I like the sword. But the lines on the six pack are too thick and the shape makes them look like they're sticking out of him
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

General Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Art   General Art Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:43 am

That's essentially what the armor does. Also as I've said, its hard to make a muscle structure when you have none yourself.
Back to top Go down
CDRW
Advanced Gamer
CDRW

Male Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-01-30

General Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Art   General Art Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 1:16 pm

Blossom, I would seriously buy a book that was filled with drawings like that. She has a very distinctive look and I like sketches better than most paintings anyway. It makes me think of the field sketches of people, plants, and animals scientists used to make back in the old days. They may be less realistic, but they have more life.

Man I wish I could draw even a little. Maybe I can find the folder of doodles I did in high school, some of those weren't too bad. Yeah it's not really of any of the RP's, but I wanna participate too. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://nameofcuriosity.blogspot.com
Blossom
Celestial Gamer
Blossom

General Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Art   General Art Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 7:02 am

Thank you very much CD, but I think you're about the only one who would!!

So, I was sketching and in anticipation of the eventual release of Nadir (once certain members have returned from the great abyss that is RL) I did a little picture of the cast of Exodus ... or some of them, at least. It's kind of rough and I'm not happy with how all of them turned out (there was a lot of erasing and smudging), but I wanted to share it anyway.

General Art Exodus

From the top we have:

Flax; Lunan
Aeve; Imoen; Milandro
Derek; Alexia; Mydia; Ares

If I left anyone major out I apologise.

I'm most happy with Imoen, Lunan and Mydia.
I'm least happy with Flax, Ares and Alexia.

Men are really really really hard to draw Sad
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384

General Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Art   General Art Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 8:23 am

Mydia! I'm honoured that you drew her Blossom, and I'm happy with the way she turned out! To bad she won't return in Exodus 2.
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Male Number of posts : 2410
Prestige : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-07

General Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Art   General Art Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:49 am

Derek's awesome! Pretty much exactly how his likeness would be. Very Happy Great job, Blossom! Love it!
Back to top Go down
https://rpcentral.forumotion.net
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

Female Number of posts : 1514
Prestige : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-10

General Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Art   General Art Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 2:30 pm

Blossom, that is absolutely fantastic. Great job! Likenesses can be such a pain but you did this really well.
Back to top Go down
http://ginnyshoestrings.wordpress.com/
chad.sims2
Celestial Gamer
chad.sims2

Male Number of posts : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-26

General Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Art   General Art Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 2:40 pm

Woot Flax made it in! He certainly caused enough trouble. He kind of looked how I pictured him except he looks confused. Very Happy I picture him with a scowl most of the time. Razz But I like it better than what I could have done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

General Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Art   General Art Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Art
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next