Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Prologue

Go down 
+9
no_more_skrbblz
Deathblade
A.Mouse
Foxee
Blossom
Mike Nemesis
CommonGoods
Slayer
FlakeandFins
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

Male Number of posts : 320
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Prologue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue   Prologue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:02 pm

Sven's

"Fitz McGee." Another patron interrupts our not yet blossomed conversation. I just stare at him as he starts to fumble about his words.

"I heard you're the man to talk to about an... ummm...." he scratches his chin thoughtfully, still trying to find the words, "a mile high club without the airplane. Where can I get some of that, hmmm?"

Whatever conversations the regulars were having stopped, with all eyes focusing on "Fitz." Knowing the man wouldn't get out of the bar in one piece I shake my head at them and they return to their murmers. "I don't serve fancy drinks here, Fitz," I tell him. "Try Twist and Shout down the street."

I look back at the other newcomer and he promptly resumes our conversation. "Names Graham Griffon and I'm going to take a wild guess your Sven."

"You guessed correctly, champ," I nod at him.

"Say Sven is it normal to get people in here that don't get a drink and don't get a conversation going. Kinda makes you uneasy last time I saw that was a poor hit man observing his target. Needless to say his target clocked on. Quite a good day actually got to bust a wood be hit man and a con that we had on surveillance. Sloppy workmanship."

I laugh a little, knowing exactly who he was talking about. The third newcomer will get the point eventually that there are no servers and he has to get a drink at the bar. "Odd for sure, Graham," I tell him. "Of course, people like that make the regulars a bit uneasy. And if they make the regulars uneasy, they don't stay here that long whether they want to or not."

I top of his glass processing the rest of what he said. "Say, Graham, what exactly is it you do?"

Twist and Shout

"Make it a Virgin Mary for now," her accent is exotic, as is her smile, "and I might take you up on the Bloody later."

"Sure thing, Miss..." I trail off to leave room for her to finish the sentence.

Last edited by FlakeandFins on Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Prologue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue   Prologue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:12 pm

I hear conversations about me, if I want to stay longer I'm gonna need a drink, or at least a hot meal. My stomach growls silently, I realize that I haven't eaten in the past 18 hours since my second day here in this god-forsaken city.

I raise a hand and wave it about, signalling for a waiter or waitress. A man comes over, asks me for something to drink,

"Budwisen, and the damn hottest chili you got."

The man writes it down, and goes into the kitchen, I slowly stand up and proceed over to the bar. I come up to the side of the man, coming from the back just makes a man wary, and most likely he would strike, that would get my ass kicked out of this place, and I would have no chance at getting any information, making this trip fruitless.

"Evening," I take a place by the bar, "just waiting for my meal, hope you don't mind me sitting and chatting with you."
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

Male Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Prologue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue   Prologue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:24 pm

Sven's

The first sentence started with so much promise a hint that I hadn't made his regulars uneasy or at least not on par with this other one but then he hit me with the blow of the next question, enquiring about my profession. I'd touched on it mentioning my approach to the law but that could easily be seen as a vigilante. The next words counted and I was going to make them count and they would be the truth. I didn't lie or at least I didn't go out of my way to. I'd be lying to say there weren't exceptions but unless the occasion called for it or my job prompted it I would be truthful.

"I'm a cop." I don't have to look round to know that the regular’s ears have perked up once more. Looking round would do little I knew Sven commanded their behaviour I caught him shake his head and the power such a small movement had. I could hear the safety on a gun been thumbed off and knew my next words had to be spoken fast if I didn't want a bullet in the back. And just to clarify I didn't. New Avarus may be a death wish for some but I didn't intend to go down till I'd got what I came for and I certainly didn't intend to die without a fight with a bullet in this place.

"Not here on regular duties though. Here for revenge. See my problem is the police department." I make a hand motion around the bar it also allows me to glance over my shoulder for a brief second to see that a man has actually rose from his seat. Still not talking fast enough then. "Police bar isn't that welcoming when you can bump into the department that spawned the man that did this to me" I brush back my blonde fringe exposing my eye hoping that Sven's face will say enough to communicate to the rest of the bar what he saw.

"So when you can't rely on the police who can you turn to and the answer ironically is that some of New Avarus is straighter or has better intent for the city than the god dam police force. So I find myself here hoping for some more reliable company."

Well that was it. A few sentences that decided my potential future in New Avarus. I hoped I'd made the words count. I couldn't afford to get kicked out of this place god knows I needed the allegiances and I wasn't prepared to stoop to the New Pack just because I had an issue with the Russo's. A cop with vigilantes was precarious enough and I wasn't going to become what I was hunting by making deals with a gang.

Another man has risen this time however it wasn't a regular he was the man I had referred to and must have heard me. He obviously hadn't caught Sven's response to me though or realised the gravity of it. I could almost feel the tension in the air as he took a seat and addressed me. I didn't engage in the conversation immediately I was waiting for Sven's response. No not a response his body language. The language that would tell the others to stand down. No man would engage in a conversation when he knew the next moments decided his future in this town...
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

Female Number of posts : 1514
Prestige : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Prologue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue   Prologue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:25 pm

T&S

"Fuentes." I reply, "Juana Fuentes. Though if I end up hanging around here it'll just be 'Gypsy'."

Always make the bartender your friend.

"And you are?" I ask him with a coy smile, giving my shoulders a subtle shake to allow my coat to fall open, laying one palm flat on the bar.

Last edited by Foxee on Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://ginnyshoestrings.wordpress.com/
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

Male Number of posts : 1739
Prestige : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Prologue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue   Prologue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:36 pm

Sven's

"I don't serve fancy drinks here, Fitz," I tell him. "Try Twist and Shout down the street."

"The piano joint?" I ask him. "Not really my style. I'm a rock'n'rolla. An' I been known to use a lil' heavy metal to shake up the system.... You know how it is." You're not talking about music, are you? "What're you into Svenny ol' boy? Heard anything good lately?" I put my palms flat on the bar while the old guy next to me -- Graham Griffon -- keeps talkin'. I like that name; a mythical creature and a sweet crunchy cracker all rolled into one. Mmm. Stay focused.

Graham Cracker kept talking: "So when you can't rely on the police who can you turn to and the answer ironically is that some of New Avarus is straighter or has better intent for the city than the god dam police force. So I find myself here hoping for some more reliable company."

"Ooh, ooh, I'm reliable," I say, raising my hand like an eager kindergardener. I chill quickly, since the rest of the bar is looking at me like I'm a nutcase. Well, aren't you? "That was a rather enticing discourse on social and moral decay, but you're making me hungry like a wolf, Mr. Piggy," I say to the cop, then turn to Sven. "What ya got to drink in here, Mr. Bartender? Anything decaf and nonalcoholic will do. I'm a lightweight, you know." I grin at Sven, still testing the waters. He ain't thrown me out on my ass yet.

These guys ain't half bad.... Then again, we haven't gotten down to business yet.
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

Prologue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue   Prologue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 4:05 pm

Sven's

Fitz carried on talking, talking over him at points. Was I the only one that sensed the situation here? It seemed my explanation had stopped the regulars for a moment but hadn't placated them completely but they were at bay and that was a start. A breather at the very least. Sven hadn't acted. YET. Perhaps he was toying with the idea of removing them both at once?

McGee seemed a bit deranged didn't he? He was reliable apparently and clearly easily excited. I almost flinched as his hand shot up and I wasn't the only one. I noticed one of the calmer patrons who hadn't made a move on me go to his jacket pocket. I had to admit this place was on edge, was it always this way? Did they have a reason?

Guess I should engage the others. Can't leave them hanging. Action hadn't been taken yet looks like I had a few more minutes to work with hopefully I didn't dig myself any deeper. Why was this guy talking about the other joint was it meant to be a joke. I wondered whether to laugh, you know that sorta uneasy laugh when your with that guy at school that you thing is unhinged and any moment could be the next newspaper front page having wiped out half his school with his fathers Desert Eagle. Still at least he wasn't drinking although you had to wonder how this guy would act under the influence. The things he'd come out with... could be very interesting to say the least.

Instead I turn to the other one that took his seat next to me. Sandwiched between the other two newbie’s. God I felt old right now one was young the other was, well he was younger than me. Here's me in my overcoat and the other one thinks he's a bit more with the times and street with his trench coat but then there’s this McGee chap not just his personality that draws attention. A red trench coat. That certainly drew attention to itself, only shade of colour my overcoat had was some dried blood from when I'd smashed some guys face repeatedly against a bar till he coughed the information up along with his blood. Wasn't pretty, wasn't me but you had to do things you didn't like to get where you need sometimes.

God I have to analyse everything don't I and here I was saying I wasn't concerned with appearances back to the use of been sandwiched between them meant I had two potential allies if something kicked off or at least two meat shields. Still that’s a digression I turned to the man to address him not analyse him or his strategic use. Joy of been a cop you could never switch it off couldn't stop even for a second. My wife hated it. Still calling her my wife the papers hadn't came through yet but we all knew the papers were coming.

"Sure chat away this one certainly didn't wait for an invitation. Didn't even wait for someone to acknowledge his presence he made it known. Whether what you say is detrimental to your stay here well we both seem to be doing a good job at it you might as well join us and create a distraction." I think Sven might have smirked there. He didn't strike me as a smirking man. Perhaps I imagined it. Did what I say there sound threatening? STOP ANALYSING! God this part of my brain was driving me insane don't cross analyse every sentence you've said the words now it doesn't matter the consequence will make it self apparent soon it always did or at least with men it did so no issues right now.
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

Male Number of posts : 771
Prestige : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Prologue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue   Prologue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 4:36 pm

TWIST AND SHOUT...

So this is Twist And Shout. Well, it looks pretty good, from the outside. Vanna and I just arrived, and instantly these three roadblocks approach me. No doubt it's a search, but them wands are ridiculous. When I take another look at the gentlemen, I noticed they all look like they just got out the big house. I wonder if they were made to grab their ankles. Actually, no I don't. I just wish they'd hurry up with the wand-waving, I'm not much into magic.

"So how's the business in a spot like this?" I ask. I already know the answer, my cousin and I used to boldly walk past this spot as kids. It was bold of us because we did work for their enemy, the New Pack. I don't expect any of these assholes to remember me, nor do I want them to. The wand moves up to my head and beeps.

"I have a plate in my mouth," I lied. How the Hell would they know? Especially these steroid posterboys in charge at the door. I seriously doubt one of them would come from a college like Yale just to ogle pretty ladies when they could own the whole damn bar and have every pretty lady ogle them. Just a thought, but it's a damn good one, I think.

"We make due," one of the guys said in response. He's obviously lying. I don't wanna rob the place, I just wanna destroy it and all human life stuck there on the day of doom. But I don't feel so bad about his lying to me, after all, I'm doin' the same thang.

"Glad to hear it."

See?

Meanwhile, Vanna puts on a little show for the boys. They aren't starvin' for fine women to grace this establishment, they get there fair share. But in the morning time? Forget it. I'm performing a public service by havin' her stuff her body in that skimpy, silky silver dress. I watch her as she lughs at their terrible jokes, flippin' her hair and workin' the patented shoulder touch. She's a pro. One of the greatest actresses I've seen, and in my line, believe that I've seen many.

After fun time with the help, we go in to take care of business. I walk close to her as we make our way in.

"You're clear on what we're doin', right?" I whispered to her.

"Yeah,' she replies.

I nod my head as I shake the rain off me. I knew those gorillas would prolong things just to keep Vanna wet, but that was part of my plan. That's why we didn't have an umbrella with us.

"Grab us a table while I get some drinks," I said, heading for the bar.

I snuck a peek at the goods as she found a cozy, yet not too isolated table for us to sit at. Very well done, Vanna. It's good to see that my money is goin' to the right people. Can't stare too much, we need to appear to be a couple co-workers. That's the cover we'll use. In all honesty, I got some other ventures we could easily 'work for.' Work, I laugh at that word.

Here's the bartender.

"How 'bout a Tom Collins and a Long Island Iced Tea?" I ask him.
Back to top Go down
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

Prologue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue   Prologue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 6:00 pm

Twist and Shout

"Fuentes." she says, "Juana Fuentes. Though if I end up hanging around here it'll just be 'Gypsy'. And you are?"

"Carnie," I tell her, "just Carnie."

A man approaches the bar just then. "How 'bout a Tom Collins and a Long Island Iced Tea?"

I get a couple of shakers, pouring the various liquors and ingredients into them. After a quick mix, I grab the appropriate glasses and ice and pour the drinks. A bit odd of an order for this early in the morning from someone I hardly recognize, but to each his own.

"That's fifteen," I tell him and look back at this Fuentes dame. "So, Juana, what made you pick this bar to sing at?"

Sven's

I cross my arms and stare at the three before me. I can hardly believe what's going on, but I swallow my anger. McGee was clearly an idiot to be talking the way he was in front of the cop. The cop was clearly an idiot for even coming in here in the first place. And the other guy wanted to "chat"? Was this a sting? I look over them at the regulars. They're all staring and one even has his gun half-way drawn. I shake my head and he puts it away before the three newcomers notice.

"You're in luck," I say to Fitz and grab a glass. I throw some ice in it and fill it with water. "Decaf and non-alcoholic. And free," I say as I slide it to him. Next I grab Graham's drink away from him.

"These two with you, officer?"
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

Male Number of posts : 1739
Prestige : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Prologue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue   Prologue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 6:16 pm

Sven's

"You're in luck," Sven says and slides me a water on the rocks. "Decaf and non-alcoholic. And free."

I look at it for a second or two. Hope New Av ain't like Mexico City; the water in some places is just ugh. I reach in my coat for a penlight and everybody goes nuts. I see a few flashes of steel, mostly knives, but there's a few guns in the mix too. Edgy bunch. Definitely. But at least now I know what they're packing. And I noticed Mr. Griffin and Silent Bob -- the guy sittin' on the other side of the pig -- were a little slower to draw than the rest. Good. A little calmness goes a long way in this line of work.

Anywho, I draw my penlight, click it on and inspect the glass of water. I mean, what did they think I was gonna draw? A gun? C'mon, I'm not that crazy. Anywho, I shine it through the glass to make sure there ain't more than water in there, then bottoms up.

That done, I go to put away the light, reaching into my coat again and get the same response. I catch myself grinning after I put it away. They'll cut that nonsense out sooner or later. Make their spidey senses cry 'wolf' enough times and they'll get sick of it. Or they'll shoot you. Yeah, maybe.

These two with you, officer?" Sven asks the cop.

"Pshh, I wish," I mutter under my breath. Cops have all the fun. D**n straight they do.
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

Prologue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue   Prologue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Sven's

I watch as my drink gets pulled away a tang of regret that I didn't finish the thing; at least I didn't have to pay for it in the end. So was this how it was? I get kicked out and the other two don't? At least it seemed to be been handled in a sensitive manner. I wasn't been dragged out with the cold feel of steel to my neck or with a gun nuzzled into my back for more than a bit of warmth.

"Never seen 'em before." The way he paused there before he said the title was that for emphasis? I wasn't sure but I think it meant my kind wasn't welcome here. Removal of my drink certainly seemed a tell tale sign.

"So is this my cue to take my leave then? Am I not trustworthy or is it your clientele that are not trust worthy around me?" Would he answer that question anyway? Oh well what did it matter not like he could bar me again. I rose from my stool but didn't turn away just yet and here I was thinking I might have got a place here. Couldn't kick myself for what I said though it would have come up at some point or someone would have found out and down the line without explanation that would just cause paranoia maybe hasty action and undesirable outcomes. Best to get the ultimate outcome at the start I suppose.
Back to top Go down
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

Prologue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue   Prologue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 6:31 pm

"Never seen 'em before," he responds and McGee mutters something I didn't catch.

"So is this my cue to take my leave then? Am I not trustworthy or is it your clientele that are not trust worthy around me?"

I shrug at him. "You tell me," I start. "We don't get many newcomers round my bar, so when three show up in a matter of hours of each other, and one is a cop, I have to wonder if the NACPD is setting up a sting operation. For what, I have no clue, but it certainly isn't the first time a wire has come in here."

I look at the three of them, shake my head and look down. "The patrons here are just hardworking people who've been dealt a low blow, like me. We just want our peace. If the three of you can't respect that, then you have no place here."

I slide him his drink and take a step back. "I was just startin' to like you, champ."
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Prologue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue   Prologue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 6:49 pm

"I'm in no association with them, and its tough to lose everything, and try clawing back up the ranks to get it all back. Its a shitty life, but everyone deals with it at one point, some earlier than others."

I lower my head, my drink is passed to me and I take a wiff, savoring the smell, then I drink it.
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

Female Number of posts : 1514
Prestige : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Prologue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue   Prologue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 6:51 pm

T&S

“A few inquiries here and there told me that this was the hot spot that might fit the music I like to sing.” I sip my drink, perfect. “In fact the desk clerk at my hotel was kind of insistent that I come see it for myself.”

I let my gaze sweep over the black and white of the décor, almost aggressively modern with some items seeming to float on clear Plexiglas. The pianos gleamed, the lighting pleasant and recessed, the couches inviting lounging.

The Marylin Monroe wannabe with her gangsta rapper boyfriend appear to be headed to a table. She seems to fit the place to some extent but I’m not sure about him. A catty part of my brain insists that she resembles a badly-wrapped Christmas present.

I turn my eyes back to Carnie with a small smile, “And so far I like what I see.”

It didn’t escape my notice that Carnie had mentioned Trey visiting the family. This could mean a couple of different things and I decide a gentle question can’t hurt.

“I’m guessing that Trey is Mr. Russo. Who is he related to here?”

I cross my arms on the edge of the bar, set to listen.
Back to top Go down
http://ginnyshoestrings.wordpress.com/
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

Prologue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue   Prologue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 7:02 pm

Sven's

My drink slides back across the table and I look at it with interest. Had that all been a test? I thought I was done and out and here lady luck had dealt me another hand. I was intrigued and I wasn't quite sure where to go from here I didn't sit back down immediately still didn't know if it was my place to. I was in that funny place where one slip could send you tumbling down the rabbit hole.

"Well I assure you if I was conducting a sting it would be a lot more efficient and low key than this I'd have some sort of cover story maybe engage in some theatrical event you'd all hear about on the news before I made my arrival and I wouldn't need any back up because that would just put more lives at risk and I'm all about keeping the body count down. Scratch that. All about keeping the innocent body count down."

"I'd offer a gesture of faith to strip down and let you search me but quite simply I don't think anyone here wants’ to see that and I know that you don't need the invitation two of your burly men could have me pinned down on that pool table and someone cutting my clothe off so I won't insult your establishment or waste my breath on that."

"As for previous stings I wouldn't know I transferred in yesterday and I'm not a great fan of some of the company I dare say if a certain department orchestrated it, it would be to the benefit of the Russo's. I'm just a hardworking guy who went for the steady low pay opposed to the potential better pay but unreliable contracting of some of your other clientele. I had to deal with the bureaucracy and the consequences that none of the recruiting campaigns tell you about then I got skull f***ed by a screw driver. Kinda changes your outlook on the world and how you choose to interact with it. So yea I can respect that, **** I can relate to that." This is the point where I break off to get another sip of that Whiskey.

"And you know that name Champ was just growing on me and that seat was getting warm just how I like it. Be an awful shame to waste good whiskey and lose trust over our approach to the law if in the long run our goals meet."
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

Prologue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue   Prologue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 8:50 pm

TWIST AND SHOUT...

I paid the man his fifteen dollars and take the drinks to my table. There was a Latina he was talkin' to, and I wasn't gonna stick around to hear his game on her, assuming he had game. I gave her a quick look on my way to the table where Vanna was waiting with a raised eyebrow.

"Here," I said as I gave her the Tom Collins. Who the Hell orders that?

There was some guy nodding at me. I nodded back, not sure if he had a problem or not. Whatever's clever, baby. Maybe he recognized me. I'll catch him outside and see what's good. They had a chick with 'em, though. She looked way too good to hang with those jackasses, but I ain't a judge.

I took down some of my Long Island and leaned my head back, thinking about my cousin. He's the reason I'm out here, and his death will be avenged and then some. Maybe as a bonus, those assbags could have something to do with it. Win freakin' win, naw'mean?
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Female Number of posts : 1886
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Prologue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue   Prologue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:18 pm

“So lets talk about those lyrics,” Nick finally says bored of his own crappy jokes.
Zack has a scrappy folded piece of paper out before I can blink.

“You guys really need to think about organising your work a little better then that.” I nod at the piece of paper.

“Don‘t be a hard a**,” Nick scolds.

“No, she‘s right it wouldn‘t kill us to buy a folder it‘d cost us jack…” Zack says. Alex the drummer nods in agreement. Tool being the butt sucker he is decides to side with Nick. After all Nick is apparently our fearless leader.
I take the piece of paper from Zack and unfold it.

(Verse one)
There is a welling, drips in the darkness. A morbid phycosamtic melody, to the depths of the unknown. Look now my pretty's, Look how the fear has grown!
Look at the blood coursing. Hear how your heart beat has slowed.

(Chorus)
Lay you down, down to rest Forget to remember you know the rest the light is shinning on the other side seal your fate claw your chest across the breast signet of lament should you regret

(Verse two)
I thought you'd remember heartbeats in the well. I thought you'd reach out to me
no condemnations to hell. The sickly honey heart melody follows me down
when I hit the bottom no one hears the sound.

Definitely not my cup of tea, it sounds like the sort of fear monger metal that would make my head throb. What does interest me is the neatness of Zack’s hand writing it looks out of place on the scrappy paper. Perhaps Nick or Alex have had it.
“That‘s awesome,” I say and I’m surprised how naturally thrilled I can sound in my lie.

“I‘ve been messing with my guitar I think I have a sound for it now and Nick‘s helped a lot.”

Now there’s something surprising. I’m itchy to get out of this bar, now we are talking music I can’t see myself leaving any time soon.
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

Prologue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue   Prologue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:41 pm

I finished that Long Island much faster than normal. It was the nod from that idiot. After I took a couple of minutes to mull it over, I realized that if he recognized me, he could f*ck up what I'm doin' here. I can't stop lookin' in their direction. Part of me wants to say, "F*ck it." and the other part is tellin' me to keep myself thorough. That part won and I got up.

"Where a goin?" Vanna asked me.

"I gotta talk to this guy real quick."

I walked over to the man that nodded at me, ignoring his band of genital warts altogether. It was only him I needed to speak with. I'll play it cool, it might have been some friendly sh*t goin' on, but whatever it was, I'm damn sho gettin' to the bottom of it.

"How's it goin', guy?" I began. "I noticed you nodding at me a little earlier, have we met before?"
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Prologue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue   Prologue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:32 pm

I watched as the rapper moved towards the table and made a quick payment for my scotch moving back to the table.

"How's it goin', guy?" I began. "I noticed you nodding at me a little earlier, have we met before?" he said just as I made it back over.

“Dunno,” Nick said. I could see him starting to smile, my heart was hammering in my chest. I could see the headlines now, metal band slaughtered by ganglands rapper. My imagination was running away with me.

“I was just being friendly like,” Nick the weasel managed to say. It wasn’t the way I saw it when he was joking around like an a******.

“What‘s going on?” I ask cutting straight to the chase. This place looks to nice for a brawl. “We‘re not looking for trouble I manage to say.”

“Shut up Gwen,” Tool snaps. Zack is out of his chair in a shot.

“She just asked a question man cool it,” he says.

If I haven’t told you already metal bands fight a lot. If their not fighting their backstabbing and when their not backstabbing their paying hired hands for hits on members who tip them off. You know how you see metal players smash amps guitars and hotel rooms. That tends to be therapy for tension.

“Looks we‘re sorry if we offended you or anything man, we‘re just sitting here. No harm or nothing,” Zack says calmly. I’m looking over at the bar tender wondering when he’ll kick us out.
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

Prologue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue   Prologue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:45 pm

TWIST AND SHOUT...

Now I know they're lyin', but I don't know if they know me or if they were just talkin' sh*t from far away. I heard every single one of 'em give their two cents on what was goin' on. I don't believe that friend sh*t for a minute, but it's not worth waitin' for them to come out the bar.

I nodded at the group as I thought to myself if I should actually wait for them to come out. Nah, it's good. I don't really need the attention, though if it was called for, I'd move mountains in front of the masses to settle a score. I looked at the bartender, no doubt I would be removed before them. Whatever.

"So then there won't be anymore lookin' my way with snickers and sh*t, right?" I asked the last guy who decided to speak.
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Prologue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue   Prologue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:54 pm

"So then there won't be anymore lookin' my way with snickers and sh*t, right?" I asked the last guy who decided to speak.

I looked at Zack startled I wasn’t about to let this guy accuse everyone of stirring crap when we were both hardly interested. Screw procedure and level heads.

“Hey, we look where we want to, it‘s a free freaking world. I‘m sorry if your fat head got in the way of our view. Seriously…”

Yes I do realise at this point I’m asking for trouble. Whatever, I’ll deal with it later if I need to.

“Second I don‘t know why you‘re giving him s*** when he was feeling all sorry like for you. It was those two retards over there being the smart a**** so get it right…So why don‘t you prance back over to your girl…”

I flopped down in my seat. The boys were staring at me a look between annoyance and pleasure for my words. I shrugged and looked down at the lyrics. This was one guy anyway what was he going to do…
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

Prologue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue   Prologue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:08 pm

"Prance back to my girl?" I said as I tried to stifle laughter.

What year did this girl come from? She was funny, though not intentionally. I was gonna let them be assholes for the rest of the day and order another drink. But then she decided to intervene. Actually she only tried to help the guy I was talkin' to, must like the guy or somethin'. How "saved by the bell." I grab the paper she's lookin' down at and rip it into confetti. I tossed it in the air so that it would rain down on her.

"Thanks for the assessment," I said to her.

I looked at the "two retards" next.

"Guys, do we have a problem or what? I mean, lemme know while I'm still here."
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Prologue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue   Prologue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:20 pm

"Thanks for the assessment," he says after his done ripping the lyrics to pieces. This guy has just officially become asshole of the month. I study Zack who looks truly heartbroken.

“See what did I say to you about being organised,” I say to him. He laughs.
"Guys, do we have a problem or what? I mean, lemme know while I'm still here." The rapper says.

“We do now cypress hill, you just tore up my man Zacks lyrics,” I roll my eyes and almost laugh at myself I was angry, yet it’s not okay for them to be angry. I think it’s because they stereotyped him. Next thing you know they’ll be calling him pimp. I almost feel sorry for him till I look at Zack again. This guy is like my little brother I don’t like what this man is doing. I might be a cop, but it doesn’t mean I follow the law to a t.

“Maybe we can take this outside?” I suggest.

“Why moron?” Tool asks. I really do hate that man…

“Can it,” Nick says and Tool looks hurt. At this point Alex has remained. Silent this guy is a body builder, but he’s also a gentle giant I’ve never seen him snap before. He looks worried. Zack and Alex share looks. Nick, Tool and I stand up.
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

Prologue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue   Prologue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:28 pm

The nerve of 'em. All of 'em. And the chick just challenged me outside. I see Vanna gettin' up from the table, but I give a little wave to her, code for everything's alright. I'm actually saving them, but I'd get no credit for it, nor would I expect any.

"So you wanna go outside?"

I scratch my head as if I'm thinkin' about it. They're all standing by now, easier to drop 'em. Fine, we can go outside. They just called me Cypress Hill. Now it's a must that somethin' happens.

"Very well. Come outside and I'll show you just how sorry you should feel for me."

I'm lookin' at all of 'em now.
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Prologue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue   Prologue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:35 pm

"Very well. Come outside and I'll show you just how sorry you should feel for me."

I feel like banging my head against a wall. I feel like telling him I processed people like him all the time back at the station. I couldn’t which made me mad as hell.
Nick and tool are out the door in a flash. I try to decide if they are doing a runner or just can’t wait to fight. Zack sighs deciding he might as well judge the happenings outside.

“I won‘t be going no place, outside with yer. I don‘t fight.” he continues to sip his drink and I shrug walking outside the bar. The bouncers look ready rip us to bits if we cause trouble so we decide to move down the street into an ally way. Nick and tool are already there.

Zack and I lean up against a wall. Zacks hands shoved into his tatty black denims mine on my hips the leather pants to tight for me to have pockets. Nick and tool are talking about how they’ll kick ass and Zack’s shaking his head.

“I‘m going to get you back for this later you know,” he says to me. I laugh at him.
Back to top Go down
no_more_skrbblz
Master Gamer
no_more_skrbblz

Prologue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue   Prologue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:52 pm

I hear the talk, but I'm not impressed by it. Vanna gets up from the table again, and this time, I won't stop her from intervening. Punk ass rockers... I knew they were talkin' sh*t. That's aiight, cuz I'm finna handle it like I should have been done. Still, I can't help but to notice the girl and one of the guys were reluctant to mix it up. Too bad.

As Vanna comes closer, I whisper to her.

"As quietly as possible."

She nods. Just then, a police car is makin' the block, eyes fixed on who else? I heave a sigh and push on as if I don't notice him, but the rockheads are too amped for the cop to leave it alone.

"What seems to be the trouble here?" he asks me.

"None at all," I said as I continue to walk in the general direction of the rockers, hoping the lawman would go away.

Out the corner of my eye, I can still see the bacon-mobile on our side of the block. I looked at the rockers again, especially the chick who asked me outside. Nice pants. Anyway, back to work... as soon as the piggie go bye bye.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Prologue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue   Prologue - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prologue
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplayers Central :: The Games :: Stand-Alone Games :: Archive-
Jump to: