Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Darkthought's Weekly Musings #2: What is wrong with the world?

Go down 
+2
Shadow Dragon
Darkthought
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkthought
Super Gamer
Darkthought

Male Number of posts : 306
Prestige : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Darkthought's Weekly Musings #2: What is wrong with the world? Empty
PostSubject: Darkthought's Weekly Musings #2: What is wrong with the world?   Darkthought's Weekly Musings #2: What is wrong with the world? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:41 am

I realize this one is a little late and I'm hard at work on #3, but for number two I have decided to post something I read on a blog that pretty much summarizes my feelings on the issue. Bear with me because the writer was a little graphic with her language but she gets the point across.

i've pretty much been ranting all night tonight. i haven't really had the energy lately to be worked up enough to rant about anything. but oh man, tonight my mind is going **** wild. so i'm going to try and remember some of the things i was thinking about for the next few blogs...so they aren't one liners and i can actually say a little bit. that's what writing blogs used to be about for me until i had this god damned idea to write one every day. haha oh well...i still have the daily photo...that's something.

so i had to give a presentation on sarah silverman today. it was kinda funny. it's not every day that you get to show a class full of people a music video called "i'm **** matt damon". ha it was pretty funny. i think some people were offended, which is also pretty funny.

then i went to yoga and there was only one other person there so we did some pretty cool stuff that i've never done before. it was really great.

ok...this is gonna be pretty long so please bear with me. i'm going to babble about license plates for a bit but it's really to make a point about the bigger picture. the license plates is just how my mind happen to lead me to these thoughts today.

i'm going a little bit crazy over this. haha

ok, so on the drive home i started thinking. i'm sure you all know about the new license plates everyone is required to get. apparently, you used to be required to get a new one every year, then they changed it to just getting a new sticker. but now we have to get all new plates with new numbers by the end of the year. so i was looking at some new ones and some old ones and i started wondering about how the numbering system works when you have to get a new plate. i have lots of questions about them.
(when i say "numbers", i obviously mean numbers and letters combined)
do they choose license plate numbers at random?
when you have to get a new one, do they just throw out all the records they have of the old numbers? and if so, if a car with an old plate was driving on the road and a cop pulled the person over, would they just not have the information on the person because the old plate is not in their system? and if they do throw out the records of the old numbers, it is possible that, hypothetically, an old license plate could have the same number as a new one, especially if they start from scratch and the numbers are chosen at random and all the old numbers are available for use in the system again.
if they don't do that, do they keep the old numbers in the system and just make all the new plates new numbers that are different from all the old ones? that way they would still have all the old information on people just in case. but then, they would eventually run out of new combinations of numbers to give people.
another possibility is that they do keep all the information on the old numbers but also may reuse them if they run out because each different car make/model is registered to a different number and it would be less likely that, even if two different people had duplicate plate numbers, that they would have the exact same type of car.
(if they did, that'd be CRAZY!)
and then i started thinking about an even bigger conundrum. SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS! WHOA! haha how the **** does that work? (isaiah thinks that perhaps, when they run out of numbers that they will just add a digit to the new peoples numbers.)
AND THEN...i started asking myself, who makes these decisions about how these random things work? and why the **** don't i know more about how common systems function? and WHY THE **** DOES NO ONE ELSE CARE?!
AND THEN...i think, why don't they teach us this **** in school? and am i the only person that ever asks these sorts of questions about very commonplace things that you would think everyone should just know about already?
i feel very much like NO ONE gives a **** about anything...at all. like if everyone asked these sorts of questions, wouldn't everyone know the answers? cause someone would get the answers somewhere right? and then the knowledge would spread because everyone is asking the same questions about everything there is. so if this was how things worked, everyone would be curious, and everyone would eventually learn the answers to these sorts of questions that you can ask about EVERYTHING. so then everyone would know pretty much everything about everything, or at least have a basic level of understanding about everything (unless you're a ****). and this is where i think it gets important because THEN everyone, with all their different points of view, would improve upon everything. all the super shitty systems would be made better by SOMEONE...right? i mean, if everyone was curious enough to ask about almost everything, they would find out which systems were working and which were totally ****. and then i would think that someone, somewhere, would think of a new and better way of doing whatever it is. and if we all made a huge effort to learn much more, the human race would evolve to use a point where we would use a much larger percentage of our brains than we do now. AND THEN! our world might not turn out like **** Idiocracy. it seems that we're well on our way towards that. no one gives a **** about anything but their **** starbucks and gap jeans. GOD DAMN IT!

does this make sense to anyone? it's probably pretty redundant. i don't know...please tell me what you think.

so now comes another problem for me. do i do what i wish everyone else would do too? do i spend my life trying to learn as much as possible about everything for the sake of being well educated and possibly able to make some sort of good happen in this world? is it a lost cause? i think maybe it is. so do i just forget about it and, like everyone else, zone out and quit giving a **** about anything in this world but trivial BULL ****?

is it impossible to know a little bit about everything there is? is that why we entrust certain people with certain jobs? that way everyone can have a specific job and know all about whatever it is that they do for money but not really know anything about anything else. i think it’s probably more because people are **** lazy and don’t care about anything important. and how do we know that these people are trustworthy or the most qualified persons for their jobs or even qualified for them at all? our government is all so **** up and crazy and no one really even knows anything about it! and it really just seems like no one cares. if more people cared about important stuff like this more people would ask questions and i swear to god the stupid **** that is going on would be able to be changed. the more knowledge you have, the better! peace and harmony and smarts abound! often, i long to live in this fantasy world.

i guess i'm just trying to find a **** happy medium...but is any "medium" ever happy??? it hard to be on both sides. i want to learn so much but there isn't room in my head for everything! UGH OH MY GOD EXSITENTIAL MELTDOWN!!! hahaha i swear to god, i need a **** "power off" button sometimes.

and now back to the, so called, "real world" that everyone else is **** living in. haha

i am still behind about 50 written pages of homework. tonight i was so worked up i decided to clean a lot instead of homework. the messy house stresses me the **** out anyway so what the heck. that's at least still semi productive. i'm now trying to decide whether to clean some more, do some homework, eat, or sleep. or maybe i should take some freaking drugs so my mind will stop for a bit? consciousness is pretty awesome sometimes, but also a sort of pain in the ass. woo.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/doomofseasons
Shadow Dragon
Master Gamer
Shadow Dragon

Number of posts : 596
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Darkthought's Weekly Musings #2: What is wrong with the world?   Darkthought's Weekly Musings #2: What is wrong with the world? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:30 am

Wow, that was an awesome rant and very true. I swear most people seem to gladly ignore anything important. Or they only care about small things rather than think about the world around them. For instance, I bet most people here in the U.S. put more thought into who they were voting for in American Idol rather than any of the congressional or governorial races that were going on during the last election.
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384
Prestige : 3

PostSubject: Re: Darkthought's Weekly Musings #2: What is wrong with the world?   Darkthought's Weekly Musings #2: What is wrong with the world? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 5:30 am

What is wrong with the world?

Short answer: Humanity.

Long answer: H u m a n i t y . (Hey, it is longer.)

I agree with about 75% of the things this person said.
Back to top Go down
jamer508
Initiate
jamer508

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Darkthought's Weekly Musings #2: What is wrong with the world?   Darkthought's Weekly Musings #2: What is wrong with the world? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 12:00 pm

Knowledge is power.
Knowledge is evil.
Some knowledge is good.
Some knowledge is bad.
The true quest for the scolar is not to know how to sift threw the bad, good and evil knowledge. It is to learn how to live with what you know.

Such as, if i knew the exact positions my parents were in while conceving me, THIS WOULD BE BAD KNOWLEDGE. But the true scolar would know everything to could about anything they can and live with what they know , even if its sick.

The problem with humanity and the world today is not others but ourselves. We need to learn how to deal with the knowledge we have and how to deal that knowledge to eachother.

I think im going to write a novel about a world were knowledge is illegal and people burn books. OH! Ill call the people who burn those books Firemen. Wow that would be an awsome book. Just have to pick the ferenheit to name it after.
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Female Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Darkthought's Weekly Musings #2: What is wrong with the world?   Darkthought's Weekly Musings #2: What is wrong with the world? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 10:00 pm

That made me feel really depressed, I wonder if that person is my clone....
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384

PostSubject: Re: Darkthought's Weekly Musings #2: What is wrong with the world?   Darkthought's Weekly Musings #2: What is wrong with the world? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 3:43 am

Gloom wrote:
That made me feel really depressed, I wonder if that person is my clone....

Has it ever occured to you that maybe, just maybe, you are the clone of that person instead of the other way around?
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Female Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Darkthought's Weekly Musings #2: What is wrong with the world?   Darkthought's Weekly Musings #2: What is wrong with the world? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 5:14 am

You're probably right
Back to top Go down
Addicted2aa
Gamer
Addicted2aa

Male Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Darkthought's Weekly Musings #2: What is wrong with the world?   Darkthought's Weekly Musings #2: What is wrong with the world? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 7:29 pm

1)The author never bothered to look up the information that was bugging her. How can you complain that people are lazy, that they don't ask questions when you don't take the time to answer your own questions?

2)There is nothing "wrong" with the world. What an arbitrary term.

3) clown monkey Smileys are fun afro sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darkthought's Weekly Musings #2: What is wrong with the world?   Darkthought's Weekly Musings #2: What is wrong with the world? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Darkthought's Weekly Musings #2: What is wrong with the world?
Page 1 of 1