Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Disney buys Marvel.

Go down 
+5
Teele
CommonGoods
Dressrehearsal
chad.sims2
Shadow Dragon
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadow Dragon
Master Gamer
Shadow Dragon

Number of posts : 596
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Disney buys Marvel. Empty
PostSubject: Disney buys Marvel.   Disney buys Marvel. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 3:06 pm

Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009/aug/31/disney-marvel-buy-out

So now Disney own Marvel. I really, really hope they take a hands off approach of running it. It don't want to see all the comics turned into kids stories. Sad
Back to top Go down
chad.sims2
Celestial Gamer
chad.sims2

Male Number of posts : 1030
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel.   Disney buys Marvel. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 5:51 pm

Disney owns a lot of things, any in most cases it is hands off. Disney buys things then streemlines them making them better thant hey where. (Really, disney has a hell of a staff. they own several book companies one of which printed the Artmus Fowl Series and it rocks!) I wouldn't be to worried.
Back to top Go down
Dressrehearsal
Initiate
Dressrehearsal

Female Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel.   Disney buys Marvel. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 5:27 am

What about the rides at the universal parks in florida? what happens to them?
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel.   Disney buys Marvel. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 10:16 am

Mickey VS Ironman?

Donald VS the Hulk?

You GOT to be kidding me.
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Male Number of posts : 2410
Prestige : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel.   Disney buys Marvel. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 10:20 am

Hey, that's what I said about Final Fantasy meets Disney, but it weirdly turned out to be one of the most popular games ever. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://rpcentral.forumotion.net
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel.   Disney buys Marvel. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 10:34 am

That's just because Goofy looks so damn cool.

Disney buys Marvel. Aicon_kingdom_narrowweb__300x595,0

I guess we'll see... But personlly, I'm not looking forward to a KH with Superman or the Silver Surfer.

((Well, maybe the Silver Surfer... because, you know, he's the Silver Surfer.))
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Male Number of posts : 2410
Prestige : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel.   Disney buys Marvel. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 10:58 am

Heh! Well, I imagine if Disney attempts to rape Marvel, about ALL of the fans will boycott, so they'll change their tune pretty quick.
Back to top Go down
https://rpcentral.forumotion.net
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

Male Number of posts : 1739
Prestige : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel.   Disney buys Marvel. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 11:27 am

chad.sims2 wrote:
Disney owns a lot of things, any in most cases it is hands off. Disney buys things then streemlines them making them better thant hey where. (Really, disney has a hell of a staff. they own several book companies one of which printed the Artmus Fowl Series and it rocks!) I wouldn't be to worried.

My sentiments exactly. Disney has their hands in just about everything these days. They're VERY good at what they do, so don't think they're just in the kiddie business, folks. Anybody who knows how Disney works wouldn't be surprised at how Kingdom Hearts turned out.
Back to top Go down
Dressrehearsal
Initiate
Dressrehearsal

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel.   Disney buys Marvel. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 11:51 am

I love Iron man .... sorry, I had to get that in there
Donald? Goofy? Pluto? damn they dont even come close to blade spiderman or iron man
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel.   Disney buys Marvel. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 12:28 pm

Ok ok ok, I got it;

Nintendo buys Disney.

Or Disney buys Nintendo.

Super Smash Bro's Brawlers with disney and Marvel characters!
Back to top Go down
Shadow Dragon
Master Gamer
Shadow Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel.   Disney buys Marvel. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 12:58 pm

You guys are probably right. I still kinda wished it would have been someone else, but I can't blame Universal for agreeing when someone was willing to hand over four billion.

Oh and Dress, boo to Iron Man. Razz He's a traitor to the other heroes.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel.   Disney buys Marvel. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 1:36 pm

AnonyMouse wrote:
chad.sims2 wrote:

My sentiments exactly. Disney has their hands in just about everything these days. They're VERY good at what they do, so don't think they're just in the kiddie business, folks. Anybody who knows how Disney works wouldn't be surprised at how Kingdom Hearts turned out.

Agreed with both statements. After all Disney did make the Pirates of the Carribean trilogy and that was neither kiddy, nor a cartoon.
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel.   Disney buys Marvel. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 1:40 pm

deathblade15 wrote:

Agreed with both statements. After all Disney did make the Pirates of the Carribean trilogy and that was neither kiddy, nor a cartoon.

We... What... Do'h...

silent silent silent

Pirates of Carribean was, imho, pretty damn terrible.
Back to top Go down
Jade DragonSpectre
Celestial Gamer
Jade DragonSpectre

Female Number of posts : 806
Prestige : 8

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel.   Disney buys Marvel. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 2:19 pm

Quote :

Take that back! Surprised
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel.   Disney buys Marvel. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 2:22 pm

Jade Dragonspectre wrote:
Quote :

Take that back! Surprised

Never!

Back to top Go down
Blossom
Celestial Gamer
Blossom

Female Number of posts : 865
Prestige : 8

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel.   Disney buys Marvel. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 3:57 pm

The first Pirates of the Carribean was good. The second and third were progressively worse ... with occasional good lines mainly from Johnny Depp.

I agree with Anony and Chad over this buying out of Marvel though. Owning the corporation doesn't necessarily mean much is going to change in terms of the comics' characters and storylines or the insertion of classic Disney characters. Plus Disney is going to be more than aware of the massive Marvel fan-base out there which will have a huge bearing on the way they run things.

But being a rather large Disney geek ... maybe I'm biased Razz
Back to top Go down
Dressrehearsal
Initiate
Dressrehearsal

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel.   Disney buys Marvel. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:33 am

Shadow Dragon wrote:
You guys are probably right. I still kinda wished it would have been someone else, but I can't blame Universal for agreeing when someone was willing to hand over four billion.

How is he? I only like him cuz rob downey jr playd him in the movie
Back to top Go down
Shadow Dragon
Master Gamer
Shadow Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel.   Disney buys Marvel. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 6:11 am

Dressrehearsal wrote:
Shadow Dragon wrote:

How is he? I only like him cuz rob downey jr playd him in the movie

Oh, so you haven't been keeping up with the comics? There was a large civil war between the heroes. Iron Man was the leader of one side and Captain America was the leader of the other side.
Back to top Go down
Dressrehearsal
Initiate
Dressrehearsal

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel.   Disney buys Marvel. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:28 am

No...Im only really into Spiderman and Blade movies not comics Sad i really need to though
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel.   Disney buys Marvel. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 12:18 pm

I only know the comic book heroes from the movies and Marvel Ultimate Alliance, but I'm the gamer geek here, so yea. Frankly I like Blade, Ghost Rider, Hellspawn, and... hmm... idk, I'm just naming things here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel.   Disney buys Marvel. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disney buys Marvel.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplayers Central :: The Lounge :: General Chat-
Jump to: