Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What are you reading?

Go down 
+5
Fayte
Teele
Mike Nemesis
chad.sims2
Gloom
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Female Number of posts : 1886
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-18

What are you reading? Empty
PostSubject: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 11:32 pm

Nobody else put this thread up so I figured i may as well.

So the question is what are you reading right now and your thoughts on it.

Hell Island - michael Reilly
Brother Odd - Dean Koontz
Back to top Go down
chad.sims2
Celestial Gamer
chad.sims2

Male Number of posts : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:17 am

U didn't put your thoughts about it. Tsk tsk tsk Gluem.

Anywho,

Witches Inc: the second in a series that centers around a young magician in a modernisk society.

The Hobbit: I've read it a trillion times but reading it over again. Very Happy Just every now and again, I'm consentrating on Witches Inc. Still second favorit book ever, first is Battle Field Earth.
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

Male Number of posts : 500
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-27

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 6:26 am

I just read Daemon by Matthew Saurez which was really good slightly more techy than I expected when I picked it up but I got really into it. Would love to see it made into a film because it had some epic hollywood moments in it. It's probably going to slightly influence my ideas for my upcoming RP.

I'm currently reading Enders game by Orson Scott Card. At first I wasn't really a complete fan of the way he wrote but I've got past that now I'm not sure if I've just got used to it. Either way I really got into the book read 200 pages in first two days haha
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Male Number of posts : 2410
Prestige : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 7:49 am

The Silmarillion: a very heavy read, but it's absolutely brilliant. I'm amazed at the detail Tolkien placed into Middle Earth.

Star Wars X-Wing - The Bacta War: The fourth in a series of Star Wars books by Michael Stackpole about an elite group of fighter pilots for the Rebellion. He's a good writer; better than a couple other SW authors I've read. The plot of the series is intriguing, but I think I'll probably quit and focus on something else when I finish this one (there are 8 or 9 books in the series, and they switch authors ofter the fourth).

Last edited by Teele on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://rpcentral.forumotion.net
Fayte
Master Gamer
Fayte

Female Number of posts : 722
Prestige : 1
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 8:15 am

Dexter in the dark..... I love the tv series but it's taking me a while to get into the book as things seem different. I knwo the book came first but it's weird.
I'm currently waiting for the next Kylie Chan book to come out (a Dark Heavens book) and the next Anne Bishop book to come out too (a Black Jewels book)

Can't wait. ^_^
Back to top Go down
67Kangaroos
Super Gamer
67Kangaroos

Female Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 8:24 am

^i heart the dexter series too fayte Very Happy

school books >.< i just finished The Rich Get Richer and the Poor Get Prison by Jeffrey Reiman and i'll be starting up a ton of textbooks very soon (like, as soon as i get my behiney off the internet and get to work!)
they're all about crime and criminals and the system and such... so, to even it all out, i'm also reading Human Goodness by Yi Fu Tuan (i've read about 50 pages over the last four months... it's going rather slow, but it's being read... kinda)

i'm already thinking about what to read for winter break - i might start with a dean koontz (sounds kinda fun -- any recommendations for my first dean koontz, gloom?)
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 8:29 am

Yup, I'd go with Cold fire it's my fav ^_^ Iafter that Relentless then the Odd series
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Celestial Gamer
Blossom

Female Number of posts : 865
Prestige : 8
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:00 am

I'm reading The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. It's fairly heavy and a bit dark in places, but very well written and has a really intriguing plotline.
Back to top Go down
Junglist
Gamer
Junglist

Male Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 10:27 pm

The third installment of the Evis Cale series. (Forgotten Realms) Sorry I forgot the author. Sad
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 10:33 pm

Love the forgotten realm, more so Salvatores additions to the books.

I'm reading Strangers by Dean Koontz and in Silence by Erika Spindler. I'm finding in Silence a little hard to get into as the author puts in a lot of run of the mill day to day things for her characters. It washes out a lot of the drive that should be there
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 10:43 pm

Not really reading much curently, but over the summer I got through...

Halo: Contact Harvest - nice little origin story of the Human-Covenant War, and definately answers some interesting questions.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Harry Potter series is good, I just finished five but now I need to head onto book six sometime soon.

Sixteen Hours - a warhammer 40k book based on the Imperial Guard and how long their average lifespan is. It was a good time killer for me.

As for school books

The Thing They Carried (Tim O' Brien) - its a book about the Vietnam war and honestly a lot of the **** wrote in that book was **** up, to the max.

Huckleberry Finn (Mark Twain) - I couldn't read this book, so many parts on it are so confusing and you just get so frustrated.

Three Cups of Tea - last year we had the author of this book come into out school and talk about his time in Pakistan, apparently 3 cups of tea is a sign of family. 1 cup of tea is you were a stranger, but are now known, 2 cups of tea is you're a friend, and the third cup of tea means your family. I didn't read this though, just thought I'd give the summary.
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Celestial Gamer
Blossom

Female Number of posts : 865
Prestige : 8
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 4:11 am

I would be shocked and appalled that you're only reading the Harry Potter series now DB, if I didn't already know that Teele has never read ANY of them Suspect No

Wink

As for me, I'm now reading The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. His books are so random, yet enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 4:50 am

I read the first four books when they came out Blossom, but as soon as I got to the fifth I just got bored of them.
Back to top Go down
67Kangaroos
Super Gamer
67Kangaroos

Female Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 6:54 am

what am i reading... what am i reading. HA!
school required books: Voices from the Field, In the Margins, Criminal Behavior, Race Crime & Justice, Essentials of Research Methods, The Rich Get Richer and the Poor Get Prison, and one other i forgot the name of... these are for my three classes

11 books whose title includes "hate crime" along with over 400 pages worth of printed articles... for two of the four 20-page term papers i have left (finished one already, total of 5 going on)...

7 books whose title includes "human trafficking" and i haven't even started gathering articles yet, but i guess i'm not technically going to be reading these until october 18th (the day my first two research papers are due)

yeah... on the bright side, i'm starting to get pretty good at speed-reading Very Happy

non-school related books: Body Language and Human Goodness and i might restart my Fruits Basket and/or Death Note manga (in Japanese, of course... i do need to start trying to study my languages again)

whew... and with all that, i still manage to watch waaaaay too much tv... (bones was on last night. tonight is psych, a.k.a. best show evarrr pirat yay~)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you reading?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplayers Central :: The Lounge :: General Chat-
Jump to: