Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elder Scrolls is getting in the novel business.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadow Dragon
Master Gamer
Shadow Dragon

Number of posts : 596
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Elder Scrolls is getting in the novel business. Empty
PostSubject: Elder Scrolls is getting in the novel business.   Elder Scrolls is getting in the novel business. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 3:11 am

Quote :
In the course of playing the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, players come across hundreds of books, many of which add new details to the sprawling game's expansive backstory. Now, the Elder Scrolls series itself is getting the novelization treatment, courtesy of famed science fiction and fantasy publishing label Del Rey.

In a joint statement sent out today, Del Rey and developer-publisher Bethesda Softworks announced that two Elder Scrolls novels are in the works. The first, The Infernal City, is due out this fall and will be written by Greg Keyes, author of the best-selling Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone fantasy series. Keyes also penned several entries in the Star Wars: The New Jedi Order series, based on the titular sci-fi film franchise.

The Infernal City's plot will be set after The Elder Scrolls IV, when the realm of Tamriel is threatened by a new menace--a flying city that touches down to wreak havoc on the landscape. It will follow two protagonists--a 17-year-old girl and the young son of the new emperor--as they investigate the city's origin and try to stop it.
(source)

I'm a big fan of Elder Scrolls III: Morrorwind and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion so them getting an author and making novels sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Male Number of posts : 2410
Prestige : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls is getting in the novel business.   Elder Scrolls is getting in the novel business. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:53 am

For sure! Tamriel is a great world to set novels in, too. Since you've played the game, you can read the novels and go "Hey, I've been there!" or "Hmm; haven't visited there yet." Of course, if the novels are set after Oblivion, some things may have changed a bit.
Back to top Go down
https://rpcentral.forumotion.net
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

Male Number of posts : 1739
Prestige : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls is getting in the novel business.   Elder Scrolls is getting in the novel business. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 8:57 am

Also a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls series. I always wondered who writes all the texts in those games. I figured it was a team of highly-intelligent monkeys, but this new development is soooo much better. I wonder if the Infernal City will play into a future Elder Scrolls game. Maybe an Oblivion expansion? Yes, please. Smile
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls is getting in the novel business.   Elder Scrolls is getting in the novel business. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 3:43 pm

So I guess I stand alone in my silent hatred against the series?

I'm sure the story line is epic.

I'm sure there a thousands of ways to develop your characters.

I'm sure that item X and mask Y are freaking awesome.

I played the game for four hours, and I just failed, badly. Couldn't grasp the controls. Got eaten by bugs, four times in a row. Bugs, for gods sake.

/end rant. Not to fond of game novels (is there a word for them?). The Halo series was a huge let down... it just reminds me of how much the story of the game blows. Blah. Ranting again. Hope for you people they are great ofcourse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls is getting in the novel business.   Elder Scrolls is getting in the novel business. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elder Scrolls is getting in the novel business.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplayers Central :: The Lounge :: General Chat-
Jump to: