Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FF Dissidia

Go down 
+2
CommonGoods
Deathblade
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-07

FF Dissidia Empty
PostSubject: FF Dissidia   FF Dissidia Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 9:44 pm

For those of you that don't know I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan, as represented by this spiky haired man with the lol sign lol!

Tha'ts not the point, what is the point is that I've always wondered, what would it be like to have all FF characters, good and evil, in the same game duking it out with one another. My prayers have been answered, so now I know there is a God.

Final Fantasy Dissidia takes the the good and bad, the old and new, and makes it into one jam-packed fighting game for the PSP. Anyone who lives in the US of A can expect the game to be arriving at our doors mid-way this summer. That's about all I know, besides the fact that Square-Enix has been tweaking the game to fit the American Dream of Gaming. I also know that it will incorporate the different battle systems along with the new standard style of fighting in the game, those battle systems will include (limit breaks, over drives, trances, etc.)

Currently I am **** happy over just discovering this, which all of you other FF fans probably already know as well. Anyways to dedicate my happiness over this game I am prepared to do the Numa Numa dance.

bounce *starts playing Numa Numa and does the dance that goes with it* bounce

Hope you enjoyed my ranting on this game, see you all next time on, "DB does game rants on games that he absolutely loves, never would have expected, and just discovered"

Till then, bye y'all
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-24

FF Dissidia Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF Dissidia   FF Dissidia Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 3:20 am

*Cough* Star Ocean 4; The Last Hope *Cough*
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

Male Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2009-02-27

FF Dissidia Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF Dissidia   FF Dissidia Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 5:07 am

Mmmm I'm not so sure about this game I love FF for its storyline and I'm not sure how this one will work also I am highly suspicious of square enix and whether they're out to make a good game or just milk a franchise for all its worth. Who knows hopefully I'm wroong.
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

FF Dissidia Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF Dissidia   FF Dissidia Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 6:30 am

Well Square is one of the better game producers, and they have produced some of the very best RPG's (FF series, Golden Sun, Star Ocean). But well, personally I am sick and tired of the turn based RPG's, so no more FF for me.

Star Ocean 4; The Last Hope is more of a free fighting type of game, like Sudeki (what, nobody knows that game?), which is what I am looking far while at the same time strugling with Last Odyssey (XBOX360).
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

FF Dissidia Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF Dissidia   FF Dissidia Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 6:45 am

Squaresoft were great square enix lost some of the flair but I'm to harsh on them for 10.2, they redeemed themselves with 12.
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

FF Dissidia Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF Dissidia   FF Dissidia Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 7:11 am

You got a pretty strong opinion for someone who hasn't posted in Demon World for a while now Wink

And really, they aren't to bad, especialy compared to other game producers. Also, they should keep focussing on that what they do best; create RPG's. Star Ocean, FF and Golden Sun are amazing series, and I hope there are a lot of sequals comming.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

FF Dissidia Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF Dissidia   FF Dissidia Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 7:51 am

I do agree I hate the turn based game systems, that's why I like Kingdom Hearts so much.

@CG, I'm also struggling on Lost Odysee, I was halfway through the second disc, accidentally deleted my account and all my saved profiles for LO were lost, so I had to start from scratch. Also for anyone interested in the trailer here is the link.

FF Dissidia Intro

Be warned it is in Japanese.
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

FF Dissidia Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF Dissidia   FF Dissidia Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 8:02 am

I'm on disc 4 atm, but I couldn't play for a few weeks because of Disc Unreadable errors... You'll probably get them as well if Disc 4 is in a paper sleeve...

Recently found out that you can fix this by boiling the CD. And I'm not even kidding.

'Tried, it worked, thank god. Will probably finish the game next week (after my last exam). I like the game actualy, love what they did to the lvl system (at a certain level you get minimum xp from creeps, meaning you can't overlevel yourself). The bosses are challenging, then again... I beat the Magic Beast boss (disc 3) the 'wrong' way (hit the boss instead of the thingie you are supposed to hit...)
Back to top Go down
Mike Nemesis
Master Gamer
Mike Nemesis

FF Dissidia Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF Dissidia   FF Dissidia Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 8:45 am

I completed lost odyssey before my 360 red ringed was really good game. When I played through 10.2 knowing what to expect and not treating it as a true FF game I was fairly happy with it just had high expectations. Trialer looks good.

And I'm waiting for others to post I insulted the priests religion and he's yet to respond. boo hoo lol
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Male Number of posts : 2410
Prestige : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-07

FF Dissidia Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF Dissidia   FF Dissidia Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 10:17 am

Actually, funnily enough I've been thinking that a mash-up of all the FF characters into one fighting game would be AWESOME. Although it's true, I wouldn't want it to be turn-based. Something like SoulCalibur would be amazing for this; with the RPG elements lumped in. Kinda like, Star Ocean (I've only played Till The End of Time, and that not completely).

I like Square Enix, though I must admit I haven't played even a representative sample of their games. Would like to try more. Smile

I'm stoked for FFXIII, too.
Back to top Go down
https://rpcentral.forumotion.net
CDRW
Advanced Gamer
CDRW

Male Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-01-30

FF Dissidia Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF Dissidia   FF Dissidia Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 1:06 pm

I REALLY want to play that. It looks awesome!

<complaining> They JACKED UP TERRA! There's no way I can forgive that. </complaining>

I want to see Zidane too. I here he's got some cool stuff going on with Squall.
Back to top Go down
http://nameofcuriosity.blogspot.com
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

FF Dissidia Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF Dissidia   FF Dissidia Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 1:38 pm

well the intro shows Zidane in a fight scene with that bat-**** crazy Kefka from FFVI and him swinging off of Tidus' leg.

@Teele, ME TOO! Do you know if its for the 360 or just PS3?

Also here is something I got off of youtube, uploaded from GameTrailers (GT.com), it talks a bit about the game battlesystems, plot, character traits, and other things. Here you are folks.

GT review on FF Dissidia
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Celestial Gamer
Blossom

Female Number of posts : 865
Prestige : 8

FF Dissidia Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF Dissidia   FF Dissidia Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 3:32 pm

Doesn't matter if you don't have a PSP though ... Sad
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

FF Dissidia Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF Dissidia   FF Dissidia Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 3:42 pm

poor blossom without her PSP
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Male Number of posts : 2410
Prestige : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-07

FF Dissidia Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF Dissidia   FF Dissidia Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 3:53 pm

deathblade15 wrote:

@Teele, ME TOO! Do you know if its for the 360 or just PS3?

Just PS3 as far as I know. I haven't actually checked on development progress in forever though. I thought Square was usually exclusive Playstation and Nofriendo. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://rpcentral.forumotion.net
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

FF Dissidia Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF Dissidia   FF Dissidia Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 4:15 pm

I heard something about FFXIII being for the 360, considering that FFXI was for 360 even though LIVE doesn't work for it. Also I know that there is a preview of FFXIII in the next Game Informer magazine, I actually need to check my mail see if I got it.

Once I get it, or if I get it today, then I'll type out the article and post it here.

EDIT: nope I got nothing, I'll probably be getting it sometime soon since its already June.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FF Dissidia Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF Dissidia   FF Dissidia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FF Dissidia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplayers Central :: The Lounge :: General Chat-
Jump to: