Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What do you say?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
chad.sims2
Celestial Gamer
chad.sims2

Male Number of posts : 1030
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-26

What do you say? Empty
PostSubject: What do you say?   What do you say? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:43 pm

What do you say when a freind asks you why good people have to die? It came up tonight and the only thing I could say is that their is no good answer to that question, that good people die for people who don't care and the only thing we can do is to keep living for them. To do our best to be our best. But still, that is dodging the question. So I'll ask the questions that I can't answer.

Why do good people have to die?
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-07

What do you say? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you say?   What do you say? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:48 pm

From a Christians point of view, "God has a plan for us in life and in death, sometimes we are planned to be taken from mother earth early in our lives. Its all part of the greater good."

From an Atheists point of view, "we live, we die, that is the cycle of life, we are born into this world and we can expect to die someday. Sometimes however, it happens to the best of us at the worst possible times, time is tricky like that."

That's all I got for you.
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Female Number of posts : 1886
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-18

What do you say? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you say?   What do you say? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:55 pm

That's tough Chad, I'm crap at dealing with death. I can't even find two decent words to rub together when someone a friends knows or is related to dies.

The harsh reality is everyone dies, one time or another. Life dishes out hard times and things as a character builder making us stronger people. I guess that's where memories come in having a memory of a special person makes sure they never truly die at least not in our minds and hearts. I guess if I was talking to a friend I wouldn't know what to say, in my mind though I'd be thinking to say they were just to prescious for this world and were much needed else where.
Back to top Go down
CDRW
Advanced Gamer
CDRW

Male Number of posts : 142
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-30

What do you say? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you say?   What do you say? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 6:39 pm

Say what you believe. A whole lot of the reason the question is so hard to answer is because we all have a different one and we don't want to step on anyone's toes. My personal answer two-fold.

We think of this life as all there is, and think that if justice is going to be dealt out it has to happen before we die. Even religious people tend to think that way because nobody really knows first-hand what happens afterward. You could call everything after death "the great blind-spot in the sky," and you know what they say, "out of sight, out of mind."

The second part is, "death is but the next great adventure," and "We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started... and know the place for the first time." ~ T.S. Eliot.
Back to top Go down
http://nameofcuriosity.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

What do you say? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you say?   What do you say? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you say?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplayers Central :: The Lounge :: General Chat-
Jump to: