Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What languages do you know?

Go down 
+4
Fayte
Leaka
Deathblade
Freeflow
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Freeflow
Gamer
Freeflow

Female Number of posts : 60
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-03-25

What languages do you know? Empty
PostSubject: What languages do you know?   What languages do you know? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 3:45 pm

I only know, English, Italian(Self teaching right now), a few words in Spanish, and I'm going to learn French!

Did you know, that French is the offical language in 5 countries?
cheers
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: What languages do you know?   What languages do you know? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 6:42 pm

I think we had this topic, but here goes

English, Spanish, a little French, and Al Bhed, just for the hell of it.

I only know of two that are french talkers btw, France and Canada, God Bless Canada cheers
Back to top Go down
Freeflow
Gamer
Freeflow

Female Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: What languages do you know?   What languages do you know? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 6:45 pm

Yeah we did, but it was off topic, so I made it its own topic! I don't know the other countries, I just know that it is in 5 countries.
Back to top Go down
Leaka
Initiate

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-04-17

PostSubject: Re: What languages do you know?   What languages do you know? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:05 am

Since I'm Greek I speak Greek.
English is my second language.
And I'm currently trying to learn German, which isn't to hard.
Back to top Go down
Fayte
Master Gamer
Fayte

Female Number of posts : 722
Prestige : 1
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What languages do you know?   What languages do you know? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:42 am

English (Australian haha), A few sentences in Japanese, a couple of words of French and a sentence of Latin... I also speak bogan. hahaha just kidding.
Back to top Go down
chad.sims2
Celestial Gamer
chad.sims2

Male Number of posts : 1030
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: What languages do you know?   What languages do you know? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 10:01 pm

English, bad english, a couple japanese words, one chinies word, some spanish (Mocho Grande Gato In me pantolonas Smile ) and some german.
Back to top Go down
Gloom
Celestial Gamer
Gloom

Female Number of posts : 1886
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: What languages do you know?   What languages do you know? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 10:03 pm

Okay,

A few latin words though I couldn't string a sentence together, some german some spanish and a little Japanese
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: What languages do you know?   What languages do you know? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 10:07 pm

You know, just for the hell of it, cause I'm a huge nerd, I know Huttaneese. For those of you non-canon star wars peoples, Huttaneese is the language of the notorious crimelord Jabba the Hutt, who is a fat, disgusting, and very powerful slug creature, who's domain is located on Tattooine, his empire is vast and spreads out towards the outer rim of the galaxy. It is also the language of the entire Hutt clan, though some know other languages than just Huttaneese.
Back to top Go down
CDRW
Advanced Gamer
CDRW

Male Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What languages do you know?   What languages do you know? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 6:15 pm

I can count to fourteen in Spanish, (and English too!) say "shut up" in Spanish and Japanese, (and English too!) and say "I have a headache" in Japanese. (and English too!) Sorry guys, I guess I'm only tri-lingual. I feel so inadequate now. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://nameofcuriosity.blogspot.com
67Kangaroos
Super Gamer
67Kangaroos

Female Number of posts : 276
Prestige : 5
Registration date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: What languages do you know?   What languages do you know? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 2:57 pm

Yay~ a thread i can brag in~ :p
Japanese is my main foreign language, but it will be forever and a decade before i can read a newspaper... i'd say i'm intermediate, though Wink

i used to speak Spanish waaaaay back when (i took both languages in college, but Japanese won over... now, when i want to speak Spanish, it all comes out in Japanese)

i can read Korean, thanks to it being phonetic rather than a bunch of characters, but i know very, very little... only enough to squeek by when out shopping or something. (how much is this? it's 3000 won. that's too expensive!)

i know all of three phrases in Chinese... Sad

i can almost read Arabic, but my tutor dropped me so i'm stuck at a few introduction phrases... i can find a new tutor easily enough... need to get some moolah first though, so for now, it's just at hellos.

also, my boyfriend is from iloilo (philippines), so i can speak a few random phrases in ilonggo (i love you, what's up, take care, good morning, etc.) and some even more random phrases in filipino (good afternoon, who farted, where did you pee, etc)

sounds cool, right? i'd rather be actually bilingual (tri) though Sad *whines* i'll never speak a second language fluently Sad

/bragging
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What languages do you know?   What languages do you know? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What languages do you know?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplayers Central :: The Lounge :: General Chat-
Jump to: