Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

For Closure

Go down 
+6
A.Mouse
Deathblade
Teele
iMazed
Fluxhavok
FlakeandFins
10 posters
AuthorMessage
FlakeandFins
Super Gamer
FlakeandFins

Male Number of posts : 320
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-25

For Closure Empty
PostSubject: For Closure   For Closure Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 7:01 am

So, this is mainly for the .org people who were involved (but don't feel left out you other folks!). But just to give a background: I started an RPG there that was sort of like neo-noir. Set in the present, no outlandish weapons or mutants or zombies, and everyone had to speak in the first person. It's probably the most fun I've had GMing before.

Before I left on an unexpected sabbatical, we were embroiled in an "interquel" in an RPG series, called Carnapolis. Unfortunately, I departed before Rouge City completed. At the time, I'm sure those involved wanted to know how it ended, and so here it is:

The Haitian terrorist that was going to be killed was indeed the Haitian terrorist. However, he wasn't Baron Semedi. If anyone knows the Baron Semedi myth, he's something of an immortal, and I was going to keep up with that. He heads to Carnapolis by story end to continue his work.

Uncle Lavendar and (I feel stupid for forgetting the names of my own characters, but there so many and it was so long ago) the oldest son were behind all the alleged "voodoo" stuff happening in the city. They were trying to throw off their trail by making it look like it Semedi and his cult. By story end, both them end up in Carnapolis, with the Uncle killing the arms dealing reverend to take over his business. He was interested in Foxee's character because he wanted to off her also, and take over her suppliers. Both Max and Shooter make it back to Carnapolis in one piece.

So I don't know how everyone else's characters were going to end, but that's how the story arc of Rouge City concludes.

That of course would've fed into Carnapolis II: The Lavendar War. Carnapolis returns to its bloody origin with Max duking it out with his uncle. By the end of that story, Shooter was going to be killed by the Uncle's protege (the son from Rouge City), who in turn is killed by Max's crew. Max kills his uncle himself.

Carnapolis III was going to be a showdown between Semedi and Max. Semedi's cult expanded hugely, and were killing various criminals (from prostitutes to gang lords) to "cleanse" the city. Some were converted, most resisted and died as a result. Things would've intensified with bombings throughout the city, general wanton violence and all. It would've concluded with Semedi taking himself, his cult and Max out in a fiery explosion in a vain effort to purge the city for good. Except the epilogue would've shown that was the opposite, with Carnapolis falling into ruin due to a power struggle for all the open turf; kind of showing how Carnapolis had a symbiotic relationship with crime, and that one top, tough criminal lord was needed to keep it from spiraling out of control.

I also had intentions on doing a prequel to show how the Lavendar's came into prominence, and I wanted to do a spin-off with Teele and his monkish character from Rouge City in which he goes to Bay City to pursue the man who ordered his father killed.

But then someone deleted the first two for good, and it's just too much to go back and redo it. Note to self: if you like an RP you GM a lot, save it to your own hard drive.

Maybe I'll try the same thing here, we'll see how this all goes.
Back to top Go down
Fluxhavok
Super Gamer
Fluxhavok

Male Number of posts : 324
Prestige : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-24

For Closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Closure   For Closure Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:45 am

I..... ****ing...... haaaaate ..... RRAAAVAVVVEENNN!!!!!

Gonna miss Carnopolis, flake... sorry it couldn't be continued. It was truly a masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
iMazed
Super Gamer
iMazed

Female Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2009-01-29

For Closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Closure   For Closure Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 11:10 am

Yeah why not, from what I've read Raven wasn't the nicest of people. I know nothing about it though, but if you liked your RPG so much, I say just start it here. We have a great group of people and I don't think anyone would just delete your work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.booksie.com/imazed
Teele
Admin
Teele

Male Number of posts : 2410
Prestige : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-07

For Closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Closure   For Closure Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 10:07 am

Yup, just another contributing reason I've left there for good and set up my own shop here. We all put a lot of effort into those tales just to have them squashed like that.

Anyway, mate, if you can scrounge enough together for another go at it, it'd be great to have it happen here!
Back to top Go down
https://rpcentral.forumotion.net
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer
Deathblade

Male Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2009-02-07

For Closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Closure   For Closure Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 10:13 am

speaking of RPGs getting shot down, my Light of Darkness RPG didn't do too well on WF. Basically people started to write on it then they immediately stopped. I don't know what happened, but it happened.
Back to top Go down
A.Mouse
Celestial Gamer
A.Mouse

Male Number of posts : 1739
Prestige : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-31

For Closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Closure   For Closure Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 10:21 am

^Sadly, WF isn't intended solely for RP'ing. Alot of people wander into games just to see how they like it, then disappear as soon as things start to slow down a little. The only way to prevent that is to make a place dedicated to RP'ing -- a place that has dedicated players and dedicated GMs; people who won't just drop off the face of the earth internet when the game fails to interest them.

Now, where can we find a place like that... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Fayte
Master Gamer
Fayte

Female Number of posts : 722
Prestige : 1
Registration date : 2009-01-30

For Closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Closure   For Closure Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 10:43 am

It is sad when tiny little minded people chuck a sad just because they are jealous of good work. And not far behind said tiny person is a troll. I know and heard of him. WF holds extremely bad memories for me.

I am glad that this place is a good group of people. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't. RP Central is good and I have never got the feel of back ally PMs that reek of.... a fox causing distrust.

I think that is all I can safely say on the matter. But It is good when you place something like this for those that were dedicated to the game that you had going over there.

~F.
Back to top Go down
Zorell
Advanced Gamer
Zorell

Female Number of posts : 170

For Closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Closure   For Closure Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 12:45 pm

Dude wait! Why can't you do the Carn sequeals here?!

Come on, you know you want to! Or two similar ones affraid

PWEASE Sad Pwetty PWEASE Sad
Back to top Go down
Leaka
Initiate

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-04-17

For Closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Closure   For Closure Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:03 am

iMazed wrote:
Yeah why not, from what I've read Raven wasn't the nicest of people. I know nothing about it though, but if you liked your RPG so much, I say just start it here. We have a great group of people and I don't think anyone would just delete your work.

Well from what I got from the story was one of your admins on this site stole from Raven's Third Earth.
Actually a couple of your mods and admins have stolen from Raven's Third Earth.

Raven was a nice guy.
When you talked to him normally.
He was nice to me and even protected me on WF from getting perma banned from Cogito and Banzai.
Now Cogito and Banzai I hate them more.

To bad you got banned you won't be able to read this now, I'll get it off my chest anyway.

As for people bashing Leaka complained about people bashing Raven yet here he is bashing other mods...Hmm
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

Female Number of posts : 1514
Prestige : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-10

For Closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Closure   For Closure Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:08 am

You know what, Leaka? I now doubt your reasons for joining RC. I wanted to give you a chance but this is not acceptable behavior.

Pretty much everyone on this site is very familiar with what happened. Nothing was stolen and there is nothing that we are using or are remotely interested in from Third Earth.

I will not have you here to attack us.

Last edited by Foxee on Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://ginnyshoestrings.wordpress.com/

For Closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Closure   For Closure Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:18 am

Just to clarify I wasn't here to attack admins and mods.
I like Raven.
And didn't want him to get bashed, especially when he isn't here.
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

For Closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Closure   For Closure Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:20 am

We haven't talked about Raven practically since we started the site. We don't care about Raven.

Go away.
Back to top Go down
Fluxhavok
Super Gamer
Fluxhavok

Male Number of posts : 324
Prestige : 2

For Closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Closure   For Closure Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 6:37 pm

lol, i concur.
Back to top Go down
Fayte
Master Gamer
Fayte

Female Number of posts : 722
Prestige : 1
Registration date : 2009-01-30

For Closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Closure   For Closure Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 4:28 am

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Foxee
Admin
Foxee

For Closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Closure   For Closure Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:38 pm

Flake, it's a shame that your games were summarily deleted like that. I know that some games were saved when we began to realize that they were being deleted but unless Teele grabbed Carnapolis and Rouge City (I think I asked him and he hadn't gotten to them before they were gone) I'm afraid they are gone for good. We did try to salvage what we could, though. There was some excellent writing and excellent moments in those games.

If you ever do want to do sequels/prequels that'll be welcome. If you don't want to re-lay all the groundwork I can understand that, too.

As it is.....forward to Avarus! I am looking forward to that a LOT!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

For Closure Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Closure   For Closure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For Closure
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplayers Central :: The Lounge :: General Chat-
Jump to: