Roleplayers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor

Go down 
+3
CommonGoods
Teele
Shadow Dragon
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadow Dragon
Master Gamer
Shadow Dragon

Number of posts : 596
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor Empty
PostSubject: Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor   Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 12:51 pm

I wasn't sure exactly where to put this so I went with the general chat. Since a lot of rpgs will likely have a fantasy setting, I figured it was a good idea to put up a link to a place that shows what medievil and ancient style of weaponry, armor and clothing generally looked like.

http://www.museumreplicas.com/default.aspx

Also, I admit, that I really wish I had the money to get some of that stuff. Particularly the Greco-Roman black crest helmet. Sad
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

Male Number of posts : 2410
Prestige : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor   Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:03 pm

Good place for some affordable replicas:

King of Swords

I'm looking at a couple different katana sets from here. Can't make up my mind. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://rpcentral.forumotion.net
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

Male Number of posts : 1384
Prestige : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor   Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:50 pm

I still prefer the books over the web; the D&D Players Handbook have a whole set of weapons, including pictures and descriptions.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Dragon
Master Gamer
Shadow Dragon

Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor   Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:55 pm

Yeah, most katanas look pretty nice. I also really like falchions, scimitars and short swords in general.
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor   Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:09 pm

Aye aye. And who doesn't like the idea of the LOTR replicas? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
iMazed
Super Gamer
iMazed

Female Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor   Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:09 am

I have 2 sets of daggers here; the first two are quite big and meant to go on your belt, the other three are the size of my fingers and can go into any hidingplace you can think of ^_^ I'm not really sure if they're legal here but whatever Razz

We've got this festival here in Holland called the Elf Fantasy Fair. This is basically a weekend filled with dressed up people (seriously, they come up with things you couldn't imagine) stands where you can buy whatever you wish - from handmade costumes to longswords to jewelery to medival food. There are shows throughout the day, mostely Re-animated battlescenes from a book or something like that. Ah, I can tell you so much more about it, but is basically just a weekend where you can go mad and live out your fantasy... fantasies. I've been there twice now and am planning to go again when I made a costume.

Ehem, to go on-topic again, you can also buy weaponry and armor there. Not only that, you can touch it and put it on before you buy it. I bought all my daggers there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.booksie.com/imazed
Fayte
Master Gamer
Fayte

Female Number of posts : 722
Prestige : 1
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor   Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 5:03 am

Broad swords tend to be a main weapon of choice for Knights in medievil times, generally handed down through the family. I think. Well I read something like that the other day so hmmm....
Back to top Go down
CDRW
Advanced Gamer
CDRW

Male Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor   Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 8:29 am

Some of those swords look pretty cool. It makes me want to get one...
Back to top Go down
http://nameofcuriosity.blogspot.com
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

PostSubject: Re: Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor   Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 8:36 am

iMazed wrote:
I have 2 sets of daggers here; the first two are quite big and meant to go on your belt, the other three are the size of my fingers and can go into any hidingplace you can think of ^_^ I'm not really sure if they're legal here but whatever Razz

If you mean the type of daggers I think you mean, no, they're not legal Surprised
iMazed wrote:

We've got this festival here in Holland called the Elf Fantasy Fair. This is basically a weekend filled with dressed up people (seriously, they come up with things you couldn't imagine) stands where you can buy whatever you wish - from handmade costumes to longswords to jewelery to medival food. There are shows throughout the day, mostely Re-animated battlescenes from a book or something like that. Ah, I can tell you so much more about it, but is basically just a weekend where you can go mad and live out your fantasy... fantasies. I've been there twice now and am planning to go again when I made a costume.

Ehem, to go on-topic again, you can also buy weaponry and armor there. Not only that, you can touch it and put it on before you buy it. I bought all my daggers there.
Elf fantasy Fair! Haven't been there in ages (not since I dressed up as a drow and got smacked all over the place by a vengeful wood elf). Maybe when my pall comes back from America...

I'm currently looking into the possibility to craft my own weapons/armor. I helped a friend make a chain shirt one (which was a -lot- of work), and I happen to know a guy who is an actual proffesional blacksmith... so who knows!
Back to top Go down
iMazed
Super Gamer
iMazed

Female Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor   Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 10:51 am

Oh Laughing right, just as well I don't wear them on the streets Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.booksie.com/imazed
chad.sims2
Celestial Gamer
chad.sims2

Male Number of posts : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor   Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:53 pm

Strangly I don't really like fantasy weapon remakes. Even in my stories weapons are practical and useable. (Not always in my RPGs though). It might just be my military background kicking in and telling me that a sword with weird spikes might look cool but would work much better without them. I own a full tang battle ready Telido Steel Clamore. Juse needs to be sharpened and I'm ready to fight the english. LOL
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor   Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 7:44 pm

Nice!

Actually, Chad, you posting here reminded me of something; I just ordered myself a replica katana set. Very Happy They're not battle-ready. Decroative, mostly. I won't be slashing any heads. They're stainless steel (carbon fiber is better for the battle-ready blades). Got the decorative ones because they were cheap, and because, like I said, I won't be going into ninja mode with them. Smile

Picture here, if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
chad.sims2
Celestial Gamer
chad.sims2

Male Number of posts : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor   Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 7:55 pm

Cool looking swords Teele. Not that I plan to slash any heads of or anything but I think half the beauty in a sword is it's deadly ability. Like a woman boxer or martial artest. It attracts with both appeal of form and function. (LOL I like that example, I'm copy writing it. :p) But I find swords, tanks, planes, and really any weapon fasinating though I'm not really one that'd hurt anyone that I could help. (At least I'd like to think so) Still they looked really cool... I want a set.
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor   Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 8:12 pm

Aye, I would have liked to go for something sturdier, but about three times the price (for one, rather than three). Full points for the analogy, Chad. Very Happy

Big fan of weaponry in general myself. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor   Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 7:45 am

Just remembered I promised a pic of my katanas. Here you go! Very Happy

Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor 09-04-15-General156
Back to top Go down
CommonGoods
Celestial Gamer
CommonGoods

PostSubject: Re: Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor   Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 9:30 am

Black... why am I not suprised Razz
Back to top Go down
Teele
Admin
Teele

PostSubject: Re: Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor   Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:11 am

lol! Black was neutralish; and since these are mostly for decoration, I wanted them to blend in several different potential environments. I was originally thinking of red or dark blue, though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor   Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Medievil and Ancient style weaponry and armor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplayers Central :: The Lounge :: General Chat-
Jump to: